Sponsored

Parts differences on 392??

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Is there a list of all the differences? I have the opportunity to buy a used one at my local dealer and he’s actually willing to let me keep my trade in for a day to swap “bumpers and wheels/tires”. But I’m wondering if my Tom Woods shafts will swap over, etc? Factory upgraded steel steering box (that I already have hydro assist on)? Etc.

I know they upgraded the brakes & Mojave axles with steel knuckles. Obviously a different Tcase. But did much else change?
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Is there a list of all the differences? I have the opportunity to buy a used one at my local dealer and he’s actually willing to let me keep my trade in for a day to swap “bumpers and wheels/tires”. But I’m wondering if my Tom Woods shafts will swap over, etc? Factory upgraded steel steering box (that I already have hydro assist on)? Etc.

I know they upgraded the brakes & Mojave axles with steel knuckles. Obviously a different Tcase. But did much else change?
Oil filter.

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired

I'd be wary about swapping shafts over. The 392 drivetrain has been beefed up to cope with the ridiculous amount of torque coming through, and is therefore highly unlikely to be the same as a regular or Rubicon JL. I know the axles are also a newer generation of the D44 to what is on the JLUR, which would also suggest measurements for the shafts would be different, if only slightly.

The same *might* apply to the steering box. Off the top of my head I can't see any reason for the 392 steering box to be different from what is currently being fitted to the JLU and JLUR, but I could be wrong.

Personally I'd avoid trying to swap over drivetrain, steering, and suspension components from your current ride to the 392.

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
Jeep Wrangler JL Parts differences on 392?? 1642693584553

Jeep Wrangler JL Parts differences on 392?? 1642693624465

I think you should be good on the driveshafts. This is from the MetalCloak website. Not sure about the steering box.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
It's not that special of a platform lol.
Sponsored