Do you have/had Bubbles in your paint?

• Total voters

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in Northeast TN, buy my Jeep was transferred here from Arizona. It's a 2019 Mojito Rubi JLU with 39k on it. I've had it for about a year now. (Bought it on 6/24/22)
Sponsored

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL Poll: Bubbles in Paint?? bubbles

OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
2020 JLRU with 34k miles. Just noticed bubbles on driver side edge of hood a couple of weeks ago.
Dealer said that they got approval to fix under warranty.
Jeep Wrangler JL Poll: Bubbles in Paint?? PXL_20220605_001230075
Jeep Wrangler JL Poll: Bubbles in Paint?? PXL_20220605_001230075
Wow.

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Apparently the "engineers" do not understand the dissimilar metal and battery idea. But they do know how to play video games. How ignorant can they be? Even the aluminum boat builders know not to do stuff like that. In order to fully isolate, this will require a sleeve, probably of a PVC type material, for each mounting bolt and an insulating backing plate. Any aftermarket guys reading this? It would be easy for someone to mold this stuff up and sell it, ultimately preventing more Jeeps from suffering the corrosion fate.

Sponsored

Map08008

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S JLU
2018 CGM I first noticed it about a year and half ago and it has since gotten worse. I have it on all edges of the hood, around and on all hinges except the tail gate. There is also some on the bottom of all 4 doors.

My dealership’s body shop was very helpful in putting in a claim but openly told me this won’t fix the problem. It will come right back in a year or so or show up in new spots sooner or later. (Jeep only wants to cover the “repair” of the current effected spots not fix the root cause on the panels) This “fix” will push us just outside of the 5 year warranty for some of us, before it shows up again. Smh

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Bringing my ‘20 Rubi to a Jeep dealer with body shop this Friday. Just noticed these bubbles with only 27k miles. I have no bubbles around the hinges but this clearly shows that while there exists an opposing metal issue regarding hinges the factory did a horrendous job prepping in the paint process. Having bubbles on door and hood edges on essentially brand new vehicles is unacceptable. I am going to tell the dealer I refuse any form of spot repair and as I’ve mentioned before if this becomes too much of a hassle, I’m simply trading it in.
Jeep Wrangler JL Poll: Bubbles in Paint?? 1655896519965

Jeep Wrangler JL Poll: Bubbles in Paint?? 1655896543532

1655896491583.jpeg

CNY-JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I've had mine almost 4 years. I don't know when it showed up or at how many locations. I really haven't bothered to check. I've driven it through a car wash three or four times, and park it outside. That's about how much attention it receives. I just drive it.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I just purchased this 2020 in May of 2022 -- no bubbling except for the hood, which we noticed this weekend. Watching this and other threads for our best course of action. Have already requested input from the dealership I bought it from (Interestingly, NOT a Jeep dealer). Don't have high hopes as the verbiage in the 5 year corrosion warranty mentions it's not transferrable. Will report back any updates!
I went to a dealer about mine and they wouldn't do anything because the 3/36 warranty was out, but they did tell me that my corrosion warranty was showing as active and I bought mine used as well. I would double check on it. I also took it to a different dealer and they took me right in, took pictures and submitted the claim. Worst thing they can do is say no, so I would give it a shot if I were you.

Sponsored

Charlie686

First Name
Charlotte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Thank you so much for that! You've given me some hope :D

Encino Stan

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Java Developer
2020 JLRU with 34k miles. Just noticed bubbles on driver side edge of hood a couple of weeks ago.
Dealer said that they got approval to fix under warranty.
Took her in early Monday. Advisor thought she would be done by end of day. Tuesday he called and said won't be finished until Friday. Technician said all decals have to be removed, paint stripped, then repainted.

Friday afternoon the advisor calls and says the hood is done, but the technician found corrosion on one of the hinges and they're working on that.

I am pleasantly surprised they looked for spots that I didn't notice.
Jeep Wrangler JL Poll: Bubbles in Paint?? IMG_20220625_082438

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
Took her in early Monday. Advisor thought she would be done by end of day. Tuesday he called and said won't be finished until Friday. Technician said all decals have to be removed, paint stripped, then repainted.

Friday afternoon the advisor calls and says the hood is done, but the technician found corrosion on one of the hinges and they're working on that.

I am pleasantly surprised they looked for spots that I didn't notice.
Jeep Wrangler JL Poll: Bubbles in Paint?? IMG_20220625_082438
So there doing spot repair as well. Curious to see how paint matches. 🙏🙏

stylin7

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 93 Mazda RX-7, 2007 Subaru Impreza
Just over 2 years when I noticed them on the bottom edge of the drivers door.

Last edited:
OP
OP

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
So far, none around any edge, on mine.
Sponsored