OP
EZMFE

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I may have started this small fire but don't really plan on stirring it up an more than it already is. It looks like the vendor is aware of our disappointment in lead time and packaging. He has made changes to resolve the packaging issue for the next buyer. I'm not sure about the shipping time issue but maybe a realist (honest) timeline is all that is needed. People will wait for an item even if it does take an extended amount of time. As long as they are not left in the dark about it.

For me it was only a forty dollar item but the wait time with no email and item folded in the box was enough for me say something. If this item was a custom job or an actual PD product, I would of considered just returning it. Since it was only cut by PD, I will see if I can straighten it out and run with it. From what I can see they have far more satisfied customers than not so they are doing something right but do need to improve in other areas.

As far as @River City Offroad... I received exceptional customer service from you (Marcus) and when there was a potential delay, I received an immediate email and the issue was taken care of. I would/will buy from you again just based on that experience alone. Well, that and the awesome sale prices that you have. Drop ship and mfg are a couple different beasts but both have some basics that should be followed and communication is towards the top of that list.
Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Not disputing anyone's problems, but just gonna post my experience. When I ordered I did read that the turn around may take 2, or more weeks. So, I ordered, and just sat back for the wait. I received a notice last week that the decals were in the mail with a tracking number. They should arrive this week. I did wonder about the time it took, but now that I read Don does this to as a second job I understand better. I more than understand working 2 jobs to provide for the family. Did that for quite a few years myself. Looking forward to receiving the decals, and if I need anymore I'll order from Pixel. I'm all for helping out the little guy as the big guys already have enough help. Thanks Don.

BTW, I think we have all had our issues with the US Postal service. As my dear old Dad used to say, "They could tear up an anvil with a claw hammer". :)

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Not disputing anyone's problems, but just gonna post my experience. When I ordered I did read that the turn around may take 2, or more weeks. So, I ordered, and just sat back for the wait. I received a notice last week that the decals were in the mail with a tracking number. They should arrive this week. I did wonder about the time it took, but now that I read Don does this to as a second job I understand better. I more than understand working 2 jobs to provide for the family. Did that for quite a few years myself. Looking forward to receiving the decals, and if I need anymore I'll order from Pixel. I'm all for helping out the little guy as the big guys already have enough help. Thanks Don.
Man, my heart sank when I saw notification of this thread again. Thank you so much for the understanding and kind words. I really helps when I am working late into the night when I'd rather be chilling on the couch.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Man, my heart sank when I saw notification of this thread again. Thank you so much for the understanding and kind words. I really helps when I am working late into the night when I'd rather be chilling on the couch.

You are welcome sir. Hang in there my friend. I will say through experience that it will get better along the way.

Punk'n Head

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport
just as another positive i ordered my decals, completely custom, and got them pretty quick and was happy with them. other then me putting one on crooked. haha.

Sponsored

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief

BTW, I think we have all had our issues with the US Postal service. As my dear old Dad used to say, "They could tear up an anvil with a claw hammer". :)
I second that experience. I ordered hood decals for daughter’s Jeep, fully recognizing the lead time given. Actually forgot about the order, realized it had been a bit longer, so I shot him an email, got a quick reply with the status, had them about a week later. Extremely happy with the product, this was my second order from him.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I second that experience. I ordered hood decals for daughter’s Jeep, fully recognizing the lead time given. Actually forgot about the order, realized it had been a bit longer, so I shot him an email, got a quick reply with the status, had them about a week later. Extremely happy with the product, this was my second order from him.
Exact same experience I had.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Hello everyone. Any issues, I am more than willing to take care of them as soon as I am made aware. @EZMFE I will contact you to deal with your order.

Addressing the hood decal packaging- I was using tubes and the post office decided that they do not like them and were allowing at least 3 out of 10 to fall off the conveyer line to be lost forever. They advised me to use these square tubes that now all of a sudden are beginning to have this problem. The squareboxes are actually more expensive than the round tubes! Next solution will be a tube, inside of a box.

Addressing the lead times - the members of this forum have been ordering everything under the sun lately and have made me extremely busy! I have been working my tail off day and night to produce vinyl, often retiring to bed after 2 or 3 AM and then getting up to make it to my day job at 8. The process repeats and I have dinner with my family at 5 and then return to the decal dungeon and pound out some more.

I promise that lazy or disinterested I am not, in fact I dedicate many hours a day and entire weekends to making awesome decals and always ALWAYS replace damaged or missing items when there is an issue brought to my attention.

It absolutely does not take a month to cut vinyl for one order. I am under a pile of orders from all the awesome members of this forum and since I am unwilling to cut corners and want every order to be as perfect as I can make it it takes a while to give each order the attention it deserves and to ship the oldest order ahead of the newest order.

I am sorry to anyone that feels they didn't receive good customer service, but I am more than happy to resolve any issue that I know about and I will continue to work as hard as possible to knock out decals every day. Trust me when I say, I am as much of an enthusiast as the rest of you and do my best to be a good, honest, hard working business owner as I possibly can be.

Please, please if you have an issue or a question, PM me, email me, call me, send a carrier pigeon, hit me with a mallet. I will respond and do whatever I can to take care of you as fast and as thouroughly as humanly possible.

-- Don
I do not know this guy nor have I ordered from him. I believe that his post is a demonstration of how to be a stand up kind of guy. Trying to run a second business on top of a normal job and family can be overwhelming. When you do quality work and your business takes off, one would expect there to be some growing pains. If he takes care of the problems, I would give him a break. It is hard at times in the Amazon world of next day shipping and thousands of employees to remember that sometimes it is just a guy that is working his ass off to help better his family.

So this is specifically the type of guy that I want to help and support. I can wait on a decal if that means he gets a chance to have dinner with his family after already putting in 8 hours at a different job before he makes and ships my stuff.

OffroadTreks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU 2.0TE
Vehicle Showcase
It's been over four weeks for me and I still haven't received my product or any updates from @pixeldecals. Personally, I find this unacceptable. Two weeks, ok. But Four weeks, four days, totally unacceptable.

It's likely this is a side business posing as a larger business. Printing in batches to save material is likely also delaying delivery for people.

I support small businesses but you need to be a little more upfront about delivery times and actually capable of delivering within a realistic time frame.

Two weeks, ok, sure. But almost 5 weeks for a decal is unacceptable. Doesn't matter if everyone is ordering everything. You're here and you're a vendor. If you can't keep up, adjust your lead time on the site from two weeks to how long it actually takes you to deliver things.

The fact of the matter is, you can't keep expecting people to wait endlessly. Otherwise, the complaints are going to start pouring in eventually. And the sales will drop off.

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
It's been over four weeks for me and I still haven't received my product or any updates from @pixeldecals. Personally, I find this unacceptable. Two weeks, ok. But Four weeks, four days, totally unacceptable.

It's likely this is a side business posing as a larger business. Printing in batches to save material is likely also delaying delivery for people.

I support small businesses but you need to be a little more upfront about delivery times and actually capable of delivering within a realistic time frame.

Two weeks, ok, sure. But almost 5 weeks for a decal is unacceptable. Doesn't matter if everyone is ordering everything. You're here and you're a vendor. If you can't keep up, adjust your lead time on the site from two weeks to how long it actually takes you to deliver things.

The fact of the matter is, you can't keep expecting people to wait endlessly. Otherwise, the complaints are going to start pouring in eventually. And the sales will drop off.
I am right at the cusp of climbing out of the backlog that started this whole thread - responded to your email as well. Thanks for being so patient up until now.

The website IS advertising 4 weeks wait time at the moment and that is right where we are, shipping all orders tonight after a large batch of decals were wrapped up being manufactured over the weekend.

Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
My understanding was these get done as orders come in, so I expected to wait a while and was pleased when my decals showed up. On the plus side, when I did have an issue, @pixeldecals made good by replacing the items with new ones ASAP and I have orders from them several times and will order again.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't ordered from @pixeldecals yet. But this is the kind of vendor I want to support. Have only heard great things about them. I'm gonna have to poke around their website and see what I like... :movember:

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't ordered from @pixeldecals yet. But this is the kind of vendor I want to support. Have only heard great things about them. I'm gonna have to poke around their website and see what I like... :movember:
You won't be disappointed Eric. No matter what others say Don is a one man show, just trying to help support his family with a side job like many of us have in our younger days. He says right on the web site the wait time, but some can't understand simple English I guess. Don makes quality decals, and you'll be happy with what ever you order. Like you, this is the exact type of vendor I want to support. Just a regular guy like you, and me.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
My experience & thoughts, for what they're worth...

1. The website is clear about long wait times. If you're in a hurry (I get it, I get anxious, too) this may not be your shop.

2. USPS service is often unacceptable. I have received many crushed packages.

3. If you want quality decals, LOOK NO FURTHER. Be patient, and be rewarded. If your decals arrive damaged, I have zero doubt that Don will take care of you.

Thanks Don! STOMPER is ready to show off!

20190821_112350.jpg

David F.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Ordered a jeep hair decal that covers the stock visor decal. Didn't cover it, apparently I have a 1 in 500 decal (over sized) on my visor and PD sent me another one. Nothing but good things to say really.

Now the post office... I can say some bad things about them...
Sponsored