Sponsored

PixelDecals - 5 week wait time plus creased decals

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the JL hood decal from PixelDecals.com 41 days ago and I finally receive it.... 40 days from order to delivery...

The site said there could be a 2 week waiting period... sometimes slightly longer... well 5 weeks is more than double the wait time. No email, no discount, and a bent up package/decal in the end. Why not roll this up and throw it in a tube? You can tell it was folded and then put in the box. The box ended getting bent so even more creases in the decal. I don't know but I guess I expect a little more "common sense" from a company that I purchase items from.

I am sure someone will chime in with the comment that the creases will come out with heat but why should they be there in the fist place? I am sure they will come out but why not just send products in perfect condition and in packaging that is made to protect the item? Seems like the right thing to do... I know the tube would cut into their profit margin but rolling it up (instead of folding it) and placing in the cheap a$$ box wouldn't.

I'm not sure if I will use it now since I feel the company or dude in his garage somewhat sucks but who knows... Feel free to let me know if I am being overly critical here.

Hood_Decal_01.jpg

Hood_Decal_02.jpg

Hood_Decal_03.jpg
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Ordered the JL hood decal from PixelDecals.com 41 days ago and I finally receive it.... 40 days from order to delivery...

The site said there could be a 2 week waiting period... sometimes slightly longer... well 5 weeks is more than double the wait time. No email, no discount, and a bent up package/decal in the end. Why not roll this up and throw it in a tube? You can tell it was folded and then put in the box. The box ended getting bent so even more creases in the decal. I don't know but I guess I expect a little more "common sense" from a company that I purchase items from.

I am sure someone will chime in with the comment that the creases will come out with heat but why should they be there in the fist place? I am sure they will come out but why not just send products in perfect condition and in packaging that is made to protect the item? Seems like the right thing to do... I know the tube would cut into their profit margin but rolling it up (instead of folding it) and placing in the cheap a$$ box wouldn't.

I'm not sure if I will use it now since I feel the company or dude in his garage somewhat sucks but who knows... Feel free to let me know if I am being overly critical here.

Hood_Decal_01.jpg

Hood_Decal_02.jpg

Hood_Decal_03.jpg
Dang that looks not so great.. your frustration is justified ..

Just FYI my hood blackout that I bought from another source came in a tube no crease.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
That to me shows complete unwillingness to care and any company that doesn't care wont have their gear put on my rig. Hopefully you will get a refund.

OP
OP
EZMFE

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Dang that looks not so great.. your frustration is justified ..

Just FYI my hood blackout that I bought from another source came in a tube no crease.
If your source has one for the Rubicon hood, send it over if you would. I'd be willing to go another route. I might just go with a dual strip (one thick, on thin) down the passenger side but still thinking about it...

That to me shows complete unwillingness to care and any company that doesn't care wont have their gear put on my rig. Hopefully you will get a refund.
Yep, that is exactly what I thought about them: complete unwillingness to care

I definitely wouldn't refer anyone to them at this point.

Appreciate both your comments :like:

LanceM

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigredpawdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2d
Occupation
System Admin
I've had issues with the owner on both my orders. Amazing his excuses but quickness to ship once I have to remind him. While his stuff never came creased or damaged, it is not of the highest quality.
Told him I will not do business with him again, and frankly it does not take a month plus to cut vinyl. He is just disinterested, and/or lazy.

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I just received 3 small decals from PixieDecals this past week. No issue since they were small but it was almost 6 weeks from order time until delivery.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
These wait times I'm hearing are nuts. 6 weeks for a vinyl decal!

My wife owned a successful sign business for 10 years doing mostly mail order and online (mostly motorcycle related) along with on site install (shop windows, vehicle lettering, etc). No store front.
Mail order stuff was always shipped within 48hrs unless it needed design work and approvals for custom stuff.

It was a fun business until bottom feeders started to undercut prices and sell for next to nothing and their willingness to sell and copyrighted or trademarked logo without license.

Vinyl material is cheap. Good design and service is not. 2 years ago, she said "F it!" and closed up shop.

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I’m at about 5 weeks on my order right now. I called last week and he told me he was a little behind but it would be sent out last weekend. Here we are a week later still nothing. Guess I’ll start furthering my skills on the cricket......

D77A22E0-D6C8-4A89-A0A9-26F6B05818E9.jpeg

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Name another company that does a better job so we can order from them.

Sponsored

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Hello everyone. Any issues, I am more than willing to take care of them as soon as I am made aware. @EZMFE I will contact you to deal with your order.

Addressing the hood decal packaging- I was using tubes and the post office decided that they do not like them and were allowing at least 3 out of 10 to fall off the conveyer line to be lost forever. They advised me to use these square tubes that now all of a sudden are beginning to have this problem. The squareboxes are actually more expensive than the round tubes! Next solution will be a tube, inside of a box.

Addressing the lead times - the members of this forum have been ordering everything under the sun lately and have made me extremely busy! I have been working my tail off day and night to produce vinyl, often retiring to bed after 2 or 3 AM and then getting up to make it to my day job at 8. The process repeats and I have dinner with my family at 5 and then return to the decal dungeon and pound out some more.

I promise that lazy or disinterested I am not, in fact I dedicate many hours a day and entire weekends to making awesome decals and always ALWAYS replace damaged or missing items when there is an issue brought to my attention.

It absolutely does not take a month to cut vinyl for one order. I am under a pile of orders from all the awesome members of this forum and since I am unwilling to cut corners and want every order to be as perfect as I can make it it takes a while to give each order the attention it deserves and to ship the oldest order ahead of the newest order.

I am sorry to anyone that feels they didn't receive good customer service, but I am more than happy to resolve any issue that I know about and I will continue to work as hard as possible to knock out decals every day. Trust me when I say, I am as much of an enthusiast as the rest of you and do my best to be a good, honest, hard working business owner as I possibly can be.

Please, please if you have an issue or a question, PM me, email me, call me, send a carrier pigeon, hit me with a mallet. I will respond and do whatever I can to take care of you as fast and as thouroughly as humanly possible.

-- Don

Last edited:

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

good to hear from you PD. ive been in your shoes before.

i have dealt with packaging products and trial and error myself, with disasterous results. here's a small suggestion, put your vinyl in the tube, then put the tube in a box. that way USPS is happy they have a box and you get to use a tube which apparently works better. then just add 50 cents or $1 or whatever to the s/h for the extra cost.

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
good to hear from you PD. ive been in your shoes before.

i have dealt with packaging products and trial and error myself, with disasterous results. here's a small suggestion, put your vinyl in the tube, then put the tube in a box. that way USPS is happy they have a box and you get to use a tube which apparently works better. then just add 50 cents or $1 or whatever to the s/h for the extra cost.
I just ordered 100 tubes to do just that! It really is a circus doing what will survive the postal system sometimes!

LanceM

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigredpawdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2d
Occupation
System Admin
I wrote a long post, but deleted it because your business is exactly your business.
Spend some time and update your page with more realistic order times is my only comment.
I like your page, and your creativity. I hope you are able to make your business work, the Jeep community is better served with you in it.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
I don’t mean to poke my head in here unnecessarily, but I would just like to back up the fact that Don runs a very respectable business, and has for many years. He takes care of a number of vendors, including myself, and is a personal friend of mine.

He is the epitome of someone burning the candle at both ends in order to provide for his family and customers while living what we all consider the “American Dream”. The dude almost never rests and I can tell you this first hand because I’m generally awake chatting with him while I endure the realities of my own “American Dream”. LOL

Im sorry you guys had trouble with the orders, but I guarantee you he will do whatever it takes to make it right for you if you give him the chance. The postal service and both major parcel carriers wreak absolute havoc on shipped goods. It’s a shame, but I’m fairly certain they could destroy an anvil if you shipped it a few times. It’s super frustrating for everyone on both sides of these type of deals. Consider that it costs you some time and frustration, while it costs us all of those things plus money.

I hope you guys all have a good night and I hope this helps shine a little light on the machine behind the curtain.

Marcus
Sponsored