Over the air update

Yakpimp

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
On an unrelated note, anytime someone posts a shot like this, it always interests me what screen button color/format they are using. When I change mine, its almost like I have a new Jeep :LOL:
Do you specifically mean ipod, or do you mean carplay? I don't have an ipod, but my iphone hooked up as expected when I plugged it in this morning and worked fine.
Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
Do you specifically mean ipod, or do you mean carplay? I don't have an ipod, but my iphone hooked up as expected when I plugged it in this morning and worked fine.
I specifically mean iPod. I know I can use CarPlay and it has always worked fine for me, but I have thousands of songs that won't fit on my phone and I like having all of them on something I can just leave plugged in and not worry about, which I can do with the iPod. But I know Jeep is phasing out iPod compatibility and I don't want that until I can find some replacement.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I can find some replacement.
Use a flash/usb drive large enough to hold all of your music files. You can leave that plugged in without issue.

Sponsored

VYPUR

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
On an unrelated note, anytime someone posts a shot like this, it always interests me what screen button color/format they are using. When I change mine, its almost like I have a new Jeep :LOL:
I just wished you change the button color format that it also changed the background in between the Speedo and rpm. I can’t stand that they don’t match.

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
With COVID my Punk'n sits more than it gets used. I drove to work today, first time in 3 weeks, and I got the update message as well. Being in Cybersecurity my little "check engine" light went of in my head wondering how this was done securely over the air and what options do I have if I don't like the u/g or it craps out on me. Not really interested in a trip to the dealer (mine is great-Safford in Springfield, VA) for a failed u/g.

Here is a good write up for USB updates:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/8-4-usb-update.65167/

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
With COVID my Punk'n sits more than it gets used. I drove to work today, first time in 3 weeks, and I got the update message as well. Being in Cybersecurity my little "check engine" light went of in my head wondering how this was done securely over the air and what options do I have if I don't like the u/g or it craps out on me. Not really interested in a trip to the dealer (mine is great-Safford in Springfield, VA) for a failed u/g.

Here is a good write up for USB updates:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/8-4-usb-update.65167/
@Flyslinger2

I've read multiple posts on this forum and elsewhere, of guys bricking their radios in the process of doing/trying to do their UConnect update with a USB flash drive..

I hear your concern about OTA security.... but really.... what are you in fear of security wise.... to me wasted energy to have security concerns with an OTA UConnect update...

Can tell you I am quite computer savy.. have updated firmware / software on many devices for many years... worked with Eproms and more...

You would not fins/see me doing the UConnect update with a flash drive unless there was no other way... Not worth the risk and the headaches, especially as the OTA, UConnect updates are known to more often then not get the job done and with no issue..

To each his own...

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
I specifically mean iPod. I know I can use CarPlay and it has always worked fine for me, but I have thousands of songs that won't fit on my phone and I like having all of them on something I can just leave plugged in and not worry about, which I can do with the iPod. But I know Jeep is phasing out iPod compatibility and I don't want that until I can find some replacement.
I use an ipod in my center console and has been working fine until I got an over the air update a couple weeks ago. Now it doesnt seem to be ready all the songs on my ipod. It also stopped the rear USB plug in from working with CarPlay.

Sponsored

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just made a separate post about this, but can anyone confirm that this update either does or doesn't eliminate iPod compatibility?
It still shows my Ipod and works, it did remove carplay from the rear USB connectors.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
It still shows my Ipod and works, it did remove carplay from the rear USB connectors.
Yea, I finally updated mine and the iPod still works. Although I still have to unplug it and replug it each time I start the Jeep or it won't recognize it.

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, I finally updated mine and the iPod still works. Although I still have to unplug it and replug it each time I start the Jeep or it won't recognize it.
Mine does, mine is in center console

treadmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR & 2017 VW Golf R
Occupation
Manager
Anyone with a manual transmission get the update?
I have a manual and had my update pushed down last weekend. I have found no issues since then. There seems to be no release notes for it that I could find, so I'm still not clear what improvements/corrections were made.
Sponsored