Lee H Greidanus

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
Update on my 2018 JK order. Got an email from my sales guy saying my order was accepted and is awaiting scheduling. He also was able to give me my vin number. Keep in mind the order was placed on August 15
Just confirming you went with the jk?
Sponsored

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
I was just told by a dealership here in St. Louis that I could come in today and order the JLU. I even confirmed that she was talking about the JLU and not the JKU.

Something weird is going on....

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Look forward to hearing what happens
Oh, I am not going to order yet...I have a feeling they are confused and talking about the JKU. I wouldnt order yet anyway as I want to see more information on the new model and all the options first and I want to see one in person first as well. That being said, if I find out more info, I will post it here.

Sponsored

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Oh, I am not going to order yet...I have a feeling they are confused and talking about the JKU. I wouldnt order yet anyway as I want to see more information on the new model and all the options first and I want to see one in person first as well. That being said, if I find out more info, I will post it here.
My dealer told me I could order the JLU, then I sit down (knowing they can't) and I get, "You are right sir, it is the JK." I leave, they call me back the next day and say "Sir, the owner can order the JL, I just can't because I'm a normal sales person." I go back up again and of course, I get "We apologize sir, there has been a misunderstanding, it's the 2018 JK we can order." So I'm not listening to them anymore until we get a full reveal lol

Acb36695

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ
I figured they were talking about the 18' JK, but there can always be hope:please:

MrDinkMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Shouldn't be long now?? Almost October and production starts in almost 2 months to the date. :handsinair:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lee H Greidanus

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
My dealer told me I could order the JLU, then I sit down (knowing they can't) and I get, "You are right sir, it is the JK." I leave, they call me back the next day and say "Sir, the owner can order the JL, I just can't because I'm a normal sales person." I go back up again and of course, I get "We apologize sir, there has been a misunderstanding, it's the 2018 JK we can order." So I'm not listening to them anymore until we get a full reveal lol
I dealt with that for a while too... Just picked up a JK since I use one for work and couldn't wait any longer.

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I went to a dealership (in Tennessee) over the weekend and the sales manager told me that ordering would open up mid-November. That was based on their "allocation call" with Jeep earlier that week. Makes sense since that lines up with the production timeline.

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I talked to the fleet manager at the local dealership today.
I told him from what the forms are saying the production date should be Nov 13th, if this date is correct when can I order my new jeep?

He said by the end of this month or first week of October.

SMYYOB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Rubicon
Occupation
Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Not to bust anyone's bubble but allocation and ordering opens up the same time every month. About the 10th give or take a few days. So, if we are able to order in October, it will be the 12th. If it's November, it will be the 7th. Could there be options released before those dates to spec out, possibly. Most likely without pricing till allocation day or after. Then again, could be December with only pre specs shipped to dealers arriving in December. Impossible to predict FCA rhyme or reason.

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrangler 2dr sport S
With the reveal date pushed back to the end of November, I can imagine the order banks will open around the 1st or 2nd week of December.
I ordered a 2018 JK sport S 9/15/17. 9/20 I received the order track with vin # . Production should start 10/3. Price did not change from the 2017 JK. The vin # showed the JL in the vin # . The 2018 Jk has the new front bumper, blinkers in the splash guards and air scoop in the front fender. The full JL model with 8 speed trans, two versions of the V6 and other options will not start production until end of march 2018.
Sponsored