Order banks open when?

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
I ordered a 2018 JK sport S 9/15/17. 9/20 I received the order track with vin # . Production should start 10/3. Price did not change from the 2017 JK. The vin # showed the JL in the vin # . The 2018 Jk has the new front bumper, blinkers in the splash guards and air scoop in the front fender. The full JL model with 8 speed trans, two versions of the V6 and other options will not start production until end of march 2018.
I dont think you have all of your information correct. The JL is scheduled to start production in just over a month.
Sponsored

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrangler 2dr sport S
I dont think you have all of your information correct. The JL is scheduled to start production in just over a month.
I have it in writing from the dealer that the 2018 JK will have the trim changes shown in the forum pictures. If the jeep does not have the changes from the 2017 JK then I am out of the contract. So I am covered. Also , according to this forum, the full JL does not start production until march of next year.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have it in writing from the dealer that the 2018 JK will have the trim changes shown in the forum pictures. If the jeep does not have the changes from the 2017 JK then I am out of the contract. So I am covered. Also , according to this forum, the full JL does not start production until march of next year.
No, JL production starts in November.

Future: TNAP (Toledo North Assembly Plant)
  • Currently building 2017 Jeep Cherokee KL until 4/07/2017
  • Plant will shut down from 4/08/2017 until November 2017 to prepare for Wrangler JL production
  • All-New Wrangler JL will launch 11/13/2017

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, JL production starts in November.

Future: TNAP (Toledo North Assembly Plant)
  • Currently building 2017 Jeep Cherokee KL until 4/07/2017
  • Plant will shut down from 4/08/2017 until November 2017 to prepare for Wrangler JL production
  • All-New Wrangler JL will launch 11/13/2017
Then I will be out of the contract. Nothing lost. I would not count on your dates being correct. Many conflicting production dates on this forum. If the JL launches in November, then I will just order again.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude, my dates are what the President of FCA stated...so I think they are pretty solid.

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...l-delay-powertop-diesel-job-1-dates-etc.1341/
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...eep-wrangler-jl-truck-release-date-info-news/
This article was published today in Road and Track. It says that the JL 4dr will debut at the LA auto show in late November. There is no way that production will start as late as 11/13 and be in LA 12 days later. As someone who has factory ordered my last two jeeps, It takes a minimum of 6 weeks to manufacture a jeep. 3 weeks to stock the parts for a particular vin # to start assembly. One week to get to the assembly line.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...eep-wrangler-jl-truck-release-date-info-news/
This article was published today in Road and Track. It says that the JL 4dr will debut at the LA auto show in late November. There is no way that production will start as late as 11/13 and be in LA 12 days later. As someone who has factory ordered my last two jeeps, It takes a minimum of 6 weeks to manufacture a jeep. 3 weeks to stock the parts for a particular vin # to start assembly. One week to get to the assembly line.
Man, your own article that you linked says the exact same thing I have said and linked from this forum. Production starts mid November and debuts at LA Auto show.

MLPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys JK 6M
It's not like the JL and JLU Wranglers they debut at the LA show has to come off the production line along with the regular production Wranglers for customers. The ones bound for LA show can be special production models produced early for the show. So, of course production of customer Wranglers can start on 11/13 despite the LA show being just 2 weeks later.

And although it's not common, it's also not unprecedented for an auto manufacturer to start production of a vehicle on or before its auto show debut.

Sponsored

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, your own article that you linked says the exact same thing I have said and linked from this forum. Production starts mid November and debuts at LA Auto show.
This is copied from the article.
The first 2018 Wranglers are expected to roll off the line at Jeep's Toledo, Ohio assembly plant in mid-November, with a public reveal scheduled not long after. It's understood that the Wrangler will debut at the LA Auto Show, which means we'll finally get to see it in the metal sometime in the last week of November. That would be 11/15. As I said, it takes 6 weeks to start production to finish product. The article says the first will roll off the assembly mid November. That falls in line with an October first week as the start. I think you guys are getting the roll off date which would be mid November confused with the start of production.

Brandon Grant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ
Which still isn't "the End of March" if you're being Pedantic.... errr... Precise. :movember:
The point of my comment was that they are both right and probably talking about timelines on two different models (4 door JLU and 2 door JL). If production of the JL starts in February, dealers probably won't see them on their lots until end of March.

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The point of my comment was that they are both right and probably talking about timelines on two different models (4 door JLU and 2 door JL). If production of the JL starts in February, dealers probably won't see them on their lots until end of March.
The Road and track article today specifically said the Jl will roll off mid November. Some of you are getting the 4dr confused with the 2dr. I should be driving around my jl unlimited by mid dec. according to my delivery date. The 2dr Jl will not roll out before the 4dr but at a later date.

MLPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys JK 6M
This is copied from the article.
The first 2018 Wranglers are expected to roll off the line at Jeep's Toledo, Ohio assembly plant in mid-November, with a public reveal scheduled not long after. It's understood that the Wrangler will debut at the LA Auto Show, which means we'll finally get to see it in the metal sometime in the last week of November. That would be 11/15. As I said, it takes 6 weeks to start production to finish product. The article says the first will roll off the assembly mid November. That falls in line with an October first week as the start. I think you guys are getting the roll off date which would be mid November confused with the start of production.
It doesn't take 6 weeks to produce a Wrangler. It takes less than 40 hours to assemble a Wrangler from beginning to end (maybe even faster with new production processes).

6-8 weeks is approximately how long it takes from ordering to arriving at your dealer. This covers actual assembly time, time sitting on lot waiting for transport, and time spent being transported (on truck or train) to dealer.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
As someone who has factory ordered my last two jeeps, It takes a minimum of 6 weeks to manufacture a jeep..
Order Banks and Production typically start in Summer long before the Press Release and official launch in the fall. And while this is not your typical production year obviously, then guidance of past events doesn't negate the FCA stated timelines. Neither your prior orders nor random car mag articles hold anywhere near as much weight as the comments comming out of Toledo that have more firm dates than 'end of March'.

Again, you say "will not start production until end of March 2018", so the 6-10 weeks is irrelevant, as that's typically the length of time to go from confirmed VON to shipped order (unless it's truly special like some of ours and it takes longer) not to build the Wrangler itself, so that would be the timeframe to receive first examples/vehicles to customers, and not Start Production as you stated.

Beyond the fact that they show concept vehicles and non-production vehicles at typical auto show reveals, even If you were using that date to calculate the LA launch, then how do you wind up with a date in March and not a time earlier in the year to make a production JL/JLU for the show whose date is also fixed?

Either way your thinking is backwards in including that build time into any of this discussion of when production starts.
Sponsored