Order banks open when?

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
I had originally heard that order banks would open the second week of august has anyone heard anything different?
Sponsored

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
With the reveal date pushed back to the end of November, I can imagine the order banks will open around the 1st or 2nd week of December.

OP
OP
Lee H Greidanus

Lee H Greidanus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former jk owner
Occupation
Mail carrier
With the reveal date pushed back to the end of November, I can imagine the order banks will open around the 1st or 2nd week of December.
Sales manager at local dealer told me second week of august in may...I'll keep the forum posted.

Sponsored

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Oh well yeah, if your looking to get a 2018 JK. If you are looking at the JL, we have a few more months.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I had originally heard that order banks would open the second week of august has anyone heard anything different?
As BD mentioned it's for the JK yes, NOT the JL.

August is actually another late ordering. The last 2 have been in August instead of the usual May/June, first big bump was July in 2014 (for 2015 MY) then August the following year.
As for Canada, well we did make the Wrangler first, so.. ;)

This is actually the first time I've ever seen/heard of a difference between the two countries. Hope it's not inverted for the JL as 'payback'. :punch:

A_Wade

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I went to the dealership to order my Jeep Wrangler JK Sahara on August 12. Sales manager calls me today (August 15) and informs me that Jeep is not longer accepting 2017 models for order and that they have upgraded me to the 2018 JL for no cost extra. Sales manager said he got everything that I wanted on the JK transferred over to the new 2018 JL. That being said I ordered my Jeep in the Gobi color. So my guess is that the Gobi color will continue over to the 2018 model

Edit: my bad it's the 2018 JK. I didn't know their was going to be a jk and a jl for the new 2018 model

Last edited:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well you might get a free side-impact airbag upgrade due to regulations, so it would be nice to confirm that if you do.

Sponsored

A_Wade

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Does anyone know if the 2018 JK will be the last year they make it? And also your right I might get the side-impact airbag and maybe the backup camera and the push to start ignition??

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make the JK? Yeah, looks like it. Especially since they are chomping at the bit to make the JT just as much as many Jeepers are counting their pennies/doubloons to buy one, and as long as they are making JKs they are delaying making JTs. So once spring rolls around the JK is done.

Production schedule says around the end of March is the end of the JK.

A_Wade

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Make the JK? Yeah, looks like it. Especially since they are chomping at the bit to make the JT just as much as many Jeepers are counting their pennies/doubloons to buy one, and as long as they are making JKs they are delaying making JTs. So once spring rolls around the JK is done.

Production schedule says around the end of March is the end of the JK.
I just couldn't see many people wanting the JT. Not a fan of a truck infused Jeep lol

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I just couldn't see many people wanting the JT. Not a fan of a truck infused Jeep lol
I cant wait of the JT! Why wouldn't Jeep faithful want a Wrangler that can carry more stuff?

A_Wade

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Update on my 2018 JK order. Got an email from my sales guy saying my order was accepted and is awaiting scheduling. He also was able to give me my vin number. Keep in mind the order was placed on August 15
Sponsored