First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I want a Diesel, but not a first-year model. The last time I ordered a Jeep at the earliest possible moment, I ordered on June 18th and received my unit on August 5th.

Is that still seem like the accurate timing?
Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
from what Ive seen. most orders have been coming in within 4 weeks

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
from what Ive seen. most orders have been coming in within 4 weeks
Actually, what I meant was when is the earliest time to be able to order a 2021? For example, I ordered a 2012 on June 18th 2011. That was the first opportunity to place an order that year.

Is June still the month? Any dealers on here?

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Im wondering if the 2021 will get the upgraded Uconnect 5 and hopefully a front facing trail cam

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think that I may have answered my own question. Last year's order bank opened in late July. This year is likely to be the same.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
I want a Diesel, but not a first-year model. The last time I ordered a Jeep at the earliest possible moment, I ordered on June 18th and received my unit on August 5th.

Is that still seem like the accurate timing?
For now the average wait time for a diesel is a lot longer than that.

With 81 orders tracked, only 10 have been delivered, with about a 3 month wait average. But more than twice as many people have been waiting 100+ days than have been delivered -- with the current average number of days waited at 83.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/start-of-3-0-production.39520/page-134#post-1007581

So right now it seems as if ordering in the next month might get you a 2021 model anyway :facepalm:

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Do we know if there’s any delay on orders with the one touch power top? I’m just about to order another JLUR and the last thing I want is my order to get delayed a month or more because of this option, i’ll skip it if it’s not the usual 3 to 4 weeks. Can anyone shed any light on this topic and generally how long new orders have been taking? When I ordered mine in July of last year It arrived at the dealership in 21 days, hoping that’s the case with this one as well Because I don’t want to keep racking up the miles on my trade

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For now the average wait time for a diesel is a lot longer than that.

With 81 orders tracked, only 10 have been delivered, with about a 3 month wait average. But more than twice as many people have been waiting 100+ days than have been delivered -- with the current average number of days waited at 83.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/start-of-3-0-production.39520/page-134#post-1007581

So right now it seems as if ordering in the next month might get you a 2021 model anyway :facepalm:
Yes, I've noticed the threads about the delays - I totally sympathize. [I once waited 12 months for an imported car because it was waiting for a specific part. I'm lucky that my wife really loves me because I had my moments.] That said, hopefully they'll have the process perfected when I order my Diesel in July.

And, AEV should have their spare tire carrier out by the delivery time in September. I'm one who worries about carrying 35s on the tailgate - reinforced or not.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes, I've noticed the threads about the delays - I totally sympathize. [I once waited 12 months for an imported car because it was waiting for a specific part. I'm lucky that my wife really loves me because I had my moments.] That said, hopefully they'll have the process perfected when I order my Diesel in July.

And, AEV should have their spare tire carrier out by the delivery time in September. I'm one who worries about carrying 35s on the tailgate - reinforced or not.
My old 35”s on bead locks weighed more then most 37”. Depending on your set up you have every right to worry. I run the EVO for the 37’s on mine but waiting on Teraflex to come out with theirs before I decide which one to put on the new shop rig I just ordered.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Why wait, the JL is three models in with the same issues it had on day one. Jeep is not the brand that stamps out issues that quickly, if at all. If that’s your plan maybe you should wait in till 2025 and maybe you’ll get a good running one by then. Sad but true!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Bumping this one as well. Anyone else speaking from experience care to offer up when the order sheets are available for the next year?

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
call a dealer and ask when order banks open for 2021 model.

We dont seem to have any inside moles at FCA to funnel basic info like this here on this forum.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Talked with my salesman today and he said they haven't really had any guidance from Jeep on when plants will reopen or when the transition to 2021 will be. He said they can put in an order now for 2020 but it is just a placeholder. They haven't had much business in last 6 weeks and although most of our state hasn't been hit very much by the virus people are being cautious about big item purchases.

i did see JeepTrend mention right before the plant closure that the Wrangler for 2021 might be 2" wider and 2" longer, something it does need , but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. If they do that would take some significant retooling to get done before 2021 model can go out.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i did see JeepTrend mention right before the plant closure that the Wrangler for 2021 might be 2" wider and 2" longer, something it does need , but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. If they do that would take some significant retooling to get done before 2021 model can go out.
I suspect that kind of change only happens during the once-a-decade refresh.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I suspect that kind of change only happens during the once-a-decade refresh.
Agree because just about everything outside and inside would need to be changed; roofs, doors, seats, carpet, driveshaft and on. They should of done it with the JL.
Sponsored