Sponsored

Off Road Pages Update Status...

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
All I accomplished when I reset my 8.4 is to lose everything And have to put it back on again. Plus I lost the ability to receive text through the 8.4. That was working fine before I reset it and removed all of my personal information. I’m about fed up with this mess! Neither jeep cares Nor U connect have accomplished anything during the last two months that I have been talking with them.
To enable the ability to receive your texts on screen again, you have to go to settings on your iPhone and click Bluetooth, then Uconnect, then the blue i with a circle around it then click show notifications. Inconvenience? Yes. But not that big of a deal.
Sponsored

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
To enable the ability to receive your texts on screen again, you have to go to settings on your iPhone and click Bluetooth, then Uconnect, then the blue i with a circle around it then click show notifications. Inconvenience? Yes. But not that big of a deal.
OK thank you very much I will try!

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
So my case was forwarded to a Uconnect engineer the person I talked to only delt with Uconnect not sure if it was an engineer but they said they have figured out what the problem was and an update of the week of the 15th should fix it and she would call me back to make sure it was updated.
We the 15th came and went no ORP and no call from Uconnect. The Odd thing is that THEY CALLED ME and said that this would be fixed on the 15th and someone would call me and make sure. I think tomorrow I'll give them a call and see if I can just take it to the Dealership and hay them do something.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We the 15th came and went no ORP and no call from Uconnect. The Odd thing is that THEY CALLED ME and said that this would be fixed on the 15th and someone would call me and make sure. I think tomorrow I'll give them a call and see if I can just take it to the Dealership and hay them do something.
Ok looks like a misunderstanding when they said the week of the 15th I thought that was the 15 was the end of the week but they meant this week. So someone should call before the 21st I was told they have the issue fixed and are going to push an update this week. I didn't ask if was jusy for me or for everyone.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I got my off-road pages for my 2019 JLR today but now my Radio constantly reboots when I plug my phone in to use Android Auto. I hit the assist button to tell Uconnect but that doesn't work either.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Still nothing here. Supposedly there is a manual update in the works, but I've heard nothing lately about that, either.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My update showed up on the 2nd page I had to drag it to the first page to make it Handy. It also has a delay like the assist and the sos feature.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Still nothing here. Supposedly there is a manual update in the works, but I've heard nothing lately about that, either.
For real, just give me the ability to flash it with a USB, problem solved.

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Same here! Maybe we’ll get lucky one of these days DanW.

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
I finally contacted FCA to see if they could manually push the update to me. They responded that they aren’t doing manual pushes any longer as it seemed to be hit or miss, and instead they will make the update available for manual download on the Uconnect website sometime in January. I asked whether it was possible to sign up to receive notification when it is available, but they said no.

70C0DA73-5872-41DD-8F32-3B5E0FB45624.jpeg

Sponsored

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I got the update earlier in the week and it had my Uconnect jacked up for a day. But after that every thing works good now. So give it a day or so before you think the update ruined your Uconnect.

Joespeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
My unconnected lost the Off-road pages again and this time I only reset the App drawer (1st) on the list
Then the off-road pages came back, the personal data stays intact
I have also noticed that after vehicle start some apps take awhile to load

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
My unconnected lost the Off-road pages again and this time I only reset the App drawer (1st) on the list
Then the off-road pages came back, the personal data stays intact
I have also noticed that after vehicle start some apps take awhile to load
How do you do that?

Joespeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Go to Settings
Page down to see Reset
Select Reset app drawer
Click ok