Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
Stupid update is glitching now once it completed. The update verbiage is still in the background of my screens. The picture quality is glitchy....

0CE5757E-CDFE-46CC-B074-6AF972BA6FBC.jpeg

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Well my Off-Road Pages are gone again.

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t seen mine since Tuesday.
Mine may have disappeared before today, It was there Tuesday evening, and I hadn't looked for it again until today.

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@TimmH - same thing man. Got them Sunday morning, they went away a short time later, came back Monday morning and stayed there through Monday and then went away while driving Tuesday morning and haven’t come back since.

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
@TimmH - same thing man. Got them Sunday morning, they went away a short time later, came back Monday morning and stayed there through Monday and then went away while driving Tuesday morning and haven’t come back since.
Mine are missing now too. )(@*^*)$&%@&%)!(*!(*^$*&%$^*%)@*^(*!^)&%$)&%$

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Well my Off-Road Pages are gone again.
I haven’t seen mine since Tuesday.
My Offroad pages disappeared today
Mine are missing now too. )(@*^*)$&%@&%)!(*!(*^$*&%$^*%)@*^(*!^)&%$)&%$
This is normal. They'll come back. For whatever reason, the installation process can cause ORP to disappear for hours (or even a few days) after the initial update. When they come back, there is a delay upon startup because the app has to phone home first. You'll either see a disabled UConnect icon or no icon at all when the unit fires up, but after several seconds, it pops up on the list.

You'll get them, fellas. It'll happen.

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Spank - I get that to be normal but do you also see it as normal to have them, lose them, have them, lose them? It just seems really odd.

This is a “nice-to-have” feature but if my company had software that didn’t work correctly upon update, there’d be a national headline over the most minuscule thing lol. If any of the apps that I directly support did this, someone would be in some deep sht. Either way, i’ll Wait to see how this comedy of errors plays out. Hoping I have them by next Friday though because it’s be nice to have the big screen for my wheeling day.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
@Spank - I get that to be normal but do you also see it as normal to have them, lose them, have them, lose them? It just seems really odd.
It's odd, but for whatever reason, this is how the process is for UConnect. Look at the dozen other threads on this subject and most people have had the exact same experience, myself included.

Don't let UConnect's well-designed user interface fool you into thinking there is well-developed software under the hood, because it most likely isn't. Just the visual artifacts alone that occur when the update process starts is probably a good indication that the UConnect software in general is horribly coded.

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Don't let UConnect's well-designed user interface fool you into thinking there is well-developed software under the hood, because it most likely isn't. Just the visual artifacts alone that occur when the update process starts is probably a good indication that the UConnect software in general is horribly code
Good point. We’ll see how things shake out. At least my Jeep is working (had issues the first 2 months of ownership). My steering could be better, I’ve learned how to deal with it (it’s not the severe problem others seem to be having). It’s more comfortable than my JKU was. If this is the worst thing to come, I’m a happy camper.

StuckinNC

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
This sucks. Now I lost my offroad pages and my screen is locked in navigation mode.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
My off-road pages were giving me an error for 4 days saying that I needed to call to renew my subscription. This afternoon, leaving work, I tried it again and low and behold... they work once again.
Sponsored