No more XR package?

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I personally do, but there are people that will scream about the increase in base price, especially when comparing year-to-year prices. Lots of "back in my day" comparisons with every price hike.

There are also lots of minimalists here.
I don't want price increases either. Jeep just needs to stop nickel and diming us and just make that stuff standard like every other vehicle in the world without increasing price. He'll a $17k Kia Rio comes standard with power everything. Lol.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Followed by a crapload of whining about how much the base model has increased in cost?
The whining started with the thread “392 stripper” where the OP was complaining a 392 should be offered Without all the Options as Standard to get the price down.🤔 Certainly is a change of opinion :LOL:

Last edited:

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
The whining started with the thread “392 stripper” where the OP was complaining a 392 should be offered Without all the Options as Standard to get the price down.🤔 Certainly is a change of opinion :LOL:
That's totally different. I think every vehicle should come standard with LEDs and power everything. Even the 392. The problem is with the 392 they have the price jacked so high just for 2 extra cylinders. Your paying basically $40k for 2 extra cylinders. 🤣 That's insane. You can buy another vehicle for that.

So I was basically suggesting Stellantis/Jeep at least make a stripper model getting rid of the leather seats and extra stuff to bring the price down to an attainable level for the average person who wants the 392 engine. That's all.👍

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's totally different. I think every vehicle should come standard with LEDs and power everything. Even the 392. The problem is with the 392 they have the price jacked so high just for 2 extra cylinders. Your paying basically $40k for 2 extra cylinders. 🤣 That's insane. You can buy another vehicle for that.

So I was basically suggesting Stellantis/Jeep at least make a stripper model getting rid of the leather seats and extra stuff to bring the price down to an attainable level for the average person who wants the 392 engine. That's all.👍
My 392 $77,620, comparably equipped diesel just under $69K add cost of a lift (maybe beadlock capable wheels, I don’t remember if they were an option) The value of the water diverting hood, strengthened frame, fox shocks ( OK, forget that one) and the 2 cylinders weren’t that unreasonably priced. Granted a diesel comparison but it was the only other one considered. Oh yeah, my price included shipping, the diesel B&P ?

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
My 392 $77,620, comparably equipped diesel just under $69K add cost of a lift (maybe beadlock capable wheels, I don’t remember if they were an option) The value of the water diverting hood, strengthened frame, fox shocks ( OK, forget that one) and the 2 cylinders weren’t that unreasonably priced. Granted a diesel comparison but it was the only other one considered. Oh yeah, my price included shipping, the diesel B&P ?
Comparing it against another Jeep isn't really accomplishing anything especially a diesel. All Jeeps are over priced. The 392 is just the King of over price. Lol. And most 392s now are over $80k. It's getting ridiculous.

I'm not going to debate this here and takeover the entire thread talking about this. It is what it is. Nothing I believe or say is going to change it. Jeeps will never be cheap. Lol.

Sponsored

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
Comparing it against another Jeep isn't really accomplishing anything especially a diesel. All Jeeps are over priced. The 392 is just the King of over price. Lol. And most 392s now are over $80k. It's getting ridiculous.

I'm not going to debate this here and takeover the entire thread talking about this. It is what it is. Nothing I believe or say is going to change it. Jeeps will never be cheap. Lol.
If 392s were at a 100k.They would still sell them .It’s comes to if you can afford one and want to spend the money ..I would never go back in a Jeep with then less then eight cylinders now.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
If 392s were at a 100k.They would still sell them .It’s comes to if you can afford one and want to spend the money ..I would never go back in a Jeep with then less then eight cylinders now.
I like the lighter front end and better handing of the 2.0T. Better for off road and on road in stock form. Unless you dump $20k more into that suspension and set up. I got the chance to take a 392 for a test drive a couple weeks ago. And wow can you feel the weight on the front end and in the steering. And that's on the road. Made my 2.0T handling feel like a sports car. Lol.

And being that this is the end of the V8 in Stellantises line up your either going to be driving that 392 forever until you die or you're going to be eventually replacing it with the new I6 turbo or something else later down the road. Or a totally different vehicle all together.

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
I like the lighter front end and better handing of the 2.0T. Better for off road and on road in stock form. Unless you dump $20k more into that suspension and set up. I got the chance to take a 392 for a test drive a couple weeks ago. And wow can you feel the weight on the front end and in the steering. And that's on the road. Made my 2.0T handling feel like a sports car. Lol.

And being that this is the end of the V8 in Stellantises line up your either going to be driving that 392 forever until you die or you're going to be eventually replacing it with the new I6 turbo or something else later down the road. Or a totally different vehicle all together.
We got three 392s in garage.So we will be driving them for awhile .And there not are daily rides .Had all engines ever in a wrangler .And other don’t compare to the 392.And on road a wrangler will never feel like a sports car ether.No matter what motor it has.Got a trackhawk and hellcat for road work

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
wish they were still at the intro price. My build came in just a hair under 90. My brain tells me this is ridiculous for a Jeep but my gut says I’ll love It.

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
wish they were still at the intro price. My build came in just a hair under 90. My brain tells me this is ridiculous for a Jeep but my gut says I’ll love It.
The 392s are worth the money .Are 23 we’re picking up today was around 92k.I have a window sticker from my loaded 2003 rubicon was. 26k back then

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
personally, as a Buyer, i prefer the ability to select every option i want on a vehicle and none that i don't (the way i did when i bought my first J**p; near base model, Off-Road package, no power windows or locks,...).

as someone involved in manufacturing, i understand how difficult it is to support the availability and selectability of options.

Stellantis is going to do whatever they think will be worth the most profit to them in the long run.

WRT the XR package, i thought it looked like a fairly good package and would have seriously considered it when i was configuring mine, were it to have been available then; it's very similar to what i built mine out to be.
i think it would be a pity to see it go away (unless they're going to offer all those options individually).

Last edited:

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yes- they are overpriced— until you price a Rover or G63 AMG. Whatever the market will bear.

JRudi392

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Unlimited RHD, Jeep Rubicon 392 Gobi
From what I've seen (correct me if I'm wrong) Stellantis can only makes so many 392's (around 6500 - overall fleet mpg?). So if they made say $10k profit on a stripped down version vs $30K on a fully loaded one, and knowing they will sell out (look at the 2022 392 April cutoff) then why would they want to make a stripped down version, thereby limiting the number of fully loaded ones they could sell?

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Yes- they are overpriced— until you price a Rover or G63 AMG. Whatever the market will bear.
That's like comparing an American factory made Mustang to a Porsche. You just can't.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's like comparing an American factory made Mustang to a Porsche. You just can't.
Yep— but the point was they will charge as much as the market will bear, or there wouldn’t be $165K G Wagons. PS— I think comparing a 392 to a G Wagon is more like a Corvette to a Porsche than a Mustang , but I might be a bit biased.😊
Sponsored