Sponsored

XR Package Now Live on jeep.com

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
jeep.com

Build 'em up! I'll putting putting my order in this October.
Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Saw it last night. I see the 392 starts at 74k now, 75k when you load the builder

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
The addition of the XR package prevented me from ordering a Rubicon Wednesday because Jeep now mandates you buy it if you want an automatic V6 model. Iā€™m quite bitter (Iā€™m actually waaay more than bitter but Iā€™m trying to be nice here) about this so I went out and ordered a 2022 TRD Pro today to spite Jeep. Not that Jeep cares, of course. Itā€™s frustratingā€”Iā€™ve been waiting almost three years to buy my first Wrangler and when I finally go to a dealership with a $54,675 build, Jeep figuratively tells me to go pound sand and demands the XR package be added to my build. Because, you know, $54,675 just isnā€™t enough money for Jeep. Screw them

OP
OP
Caveman044

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
The addition of the XR package prevented me from ordering a Rubicon Wednesday because Jeep now mandates you buy it if you want an automatic V6 model. Iā€™m quite bitter (Iā€™m actually waaay more than bitter but Iā€™m trying to be nice here) about this so I went out and ordered a 2022 TRD Pro today to spite Jeep. Not that Jeep cares, of course. Itā€™s frustratingā€”Iā€™ve been waiting almost three years to buy my first Wrangler and when I finally go to a dealership with a $54,675 build, Jeep figuratively tells me to go pound sand and demands the XR package be added to my build. Because, you know, $54,675 just isnā€™t enough money for Jeep. Screw them
Jeep is not mandating the XR package on anything. Not sure how you got to that point but it's pretty obvious that's not the case.

Fiteacher

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Yes they are requiring it on the Rubicon 3.6 auto. It happened to me when I placed my order on 7/31. Didn't really want it but ordered anyway. I emailed a guy from Gupton dealership that people mention on the forum to see if my sales guy was trying to up sell and he said it is required too.

Sponsored

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep is not mandating the XR package on anything. Not sure how you got to that point but it's pretty obvious that's not the case.
Two different dealers confirmed they are requiring it. Jeep is also refusing all Rubicon 2.0T orders too.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Can't be added to the 2door, can't order it with the 3.0 or the non eTorque 3.6, can't order with manual. Pure BS.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't be added to the 2door, can't order it with the 3.0 or the non eTorque 3.6, can't order with manual. Pure BS.
I agree. Pure BS. Im still mad about this. Iā€™ve been planning and saving for three years to buy my first Jeep (a Rubicon no lessā€”arguably their most profitable model in the Wrangler lineup) and Jeep effectively tells me that $54,675 isnā€™t enough money for them and to go pound sand. I ordered a ā€˜22 4R TRD Pro yesterday as a result of Jeepā€™s arrogance. Screw them
Sponsored