Sponsored

No more red rubi dash?

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I swapped my Rubicon hood with a Sahara owner and I've had a few folks ask if mine is really a Rubicon or a dash swap Haha
Sponsored

PatriotBlue

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR (2.0L)
I wish it was an option, I like the red dash but on Gecko its not great to me, It's grown on me but I think If I had the oppurtunity I'd swap it out. I wonder if my dealership would have those parts? I'll have to research some more into it.
You can buy a gray or Sahara dash. That's not a big deal. I don't know if the dealer would perform the swap but I'm guessing they would. I just don't want to mess with it at this point as I 1) Don't know if I trust my dealer to not scratch something or install it in a way that doesn't lead to a rattle or something, and 2) still think I'm going to custom order a Jeep when the supply chain issues settle a bit more so would prefer to leave mine stock at the moment.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
You can buy a gray or Sahara dash. That's not a big deal. I don't know if the dealer would perform the swap but I'm guessing they would. I just don't want to mess with it at this point as I 1) Don't know if I trust my dealer to not scratch something or install it in a way that doesn't lead to a rattle or something, and 2) still think I'm going to custom order a Jeep when the supply chain issues settle a bit more so would prefer to leave mine stock at the moment.
Iā€™ll 100% do the install myself I was just more wondering if the dealership stocks these dash panels, Iā€™ll have to stop by and ask once I find the part numbers

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I hated the red dashā€¦..until I saw it in person. Now I go between not noticing it at all to actually liking it when I do notice it.
The pictures online really made it look hideous but in person it is much more subtle.
Of course I also went with sting gray which the red accents really nicely with So there is that too.
Bottom line is see it in person with the exterior color you are thinking of If possible.
Just my opinion.

Sponsored

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
The visual dialog is confused, the red metal shifter knob collar and dif lock plate drew attention to critical feature interface. Dash plate has no interface, is huge.

Aesthetic equivalent of LOOK AT ME... never mind.

Liking or disliking is personal, explaining it to professional designers.... fail.

MonopoliJLUR

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I swapped my Rubicon hood with a Sahara owner and I've had a few folks ask if mine is really a Rubicon or a dash swap Haha
Iā€™m curious why you swapped the hoods, never heard someone going from rubi hood to the Sahara

navyflyer

First Name
ā€œChopperā€ Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot
Red dash and accents look great! Caught my eye right away. especially with the granite Crystal, and sting gray IMO. I wish jeep gave other options though also IMO.

Wish they but a litle red stitching around the center console though too.

Dislaimer: my favorite color is blue, go figureā€¦

jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s, 21 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
With the JTRs in Gecko Green people have been getting the grey pannels instead of red...

Sponsored

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
I was happy that in 2019 they would vary between grey or red depending on the paint color. I had Punk'n so grey looked much better.

My 2020 was Hellayella and came with red. Looked like ketchup and mustard so I started calling it Ronald šŸ˜†.

My 2021 has the red dash as well.
Youā€™ve gotten a new Jeep every year?! Right on!

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
My 2018 Rubi, pictured left, came with a gray dash. Personally I'm not a fan of the red.
I think it would be great if they matched exterior body color, like Toyota did in my 2014 FJ
Cruiser. One of the reasons I bought the 2021 Anniversary Edition over the Rubi was no red dash. That and about $6k because it's an extra vehicle, weekend toy. Pushing $50k
for a 2dr Rubi, Jeep should give you a couple of dash options.

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
My opinion was up in the air about the red dash, until I saw it on my white JLUR. I love it and wouldnā€™t change it for anything. Pops just the right amount. Nothing too flashy, and I love the satin finish.

RIVICON

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2006 Tacoma, 1991 Z28 406ci Turbski
I mean, Anybody can just buy a different colored OEM dash and install it themselves. They run around $300. Never understood why some people (not talking about the OP here) actually choose their Jeep based on dash color.
I did, along with the D44s, elockers and electronic sway bar disconnect šŸ‘

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I mean, Anybody can just buy a different colored OEM dash and install it themselves. They run around $300. Never understood why some people (not talking about the OP here) actually choose their Jeep based on dash color.
I didnā€™t choose the Jeep solely on the red dash. However, the red dash was an aspect that I liked.
Sponsored