Sponsored

Next Generation Prediction

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I think you might see the Wrangler’s nose get a bit longer, to fit the new GME-T6 twin-turbo straight six power plant. But that engine will probably be produced in the Wagoneer & GC first, maybe Ram too. So several years away.
Inside, different seats and likely (ugh) a bigger touch pad. Don’t understand why people are so obsessed w/‘infotainment’ it just distracts attention from the road.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Regardless of how many would be Jeep sales go to Broncos, the existence of the Bronco is good for us Jeepers. It will help drive innovation. Competition is a good thing.

I've seen several Broncos in the wild, all four door. It seems very small. I completely agree with the Honda Element comment earlier. Of course these are sports or one of the more pedestrian looking trim levels.

I have seen one that looked like a Sasquatch edition. It looked much cooler and more capable than all the other Broncos I've seen. But the wheel wells are so small. It looks like there's barely any room in there for flexing!
Are you sure you saw a full size Bronco? The big Bronco is HUGE compared to a JL.

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Most of you worry about what gizmo will be added to the next gen, when I really worry that the next gen will be battery only. The tree huggers of the world are going to make sure we have 6 figure golf carts.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I am curious, why would you need this?
Great for parking, allows you to see the curb or white line or the edge of the driveway when backing up. Only needs to tilt down a little bit.
Wife’s BMW X3 and my previous RAM 1500 have this feature and it’s really the one thing I miss

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Most of you worry about what gizmo will be added to the next gen, when I really worry that the next gen will be battery only. The tree huggers of the world are going to make sure we have 6 figure golf carts.
You bring up a good point. It's possible the JM will have a few new EV options. More than likely a pure EV considering government mandates and Global demand.

Last edited:

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
It will stay every 10 years, no need to bump it up, just look at sales.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
All I want is stronger axles and a 37" package from the factory. Tired of playing warranty roulette because I have aftermarket lift and tires.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
All I want is stronger axles and a 37" package from the factory. Tired of playing warranty roulette because I have aftermarket lift and tires.
Stop worrying about a warranty. It's a pretty simple answer.

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I love how everyone was hyped about the bronco but now you dont find much support for it.

the more i see in person, the uglier they look.
I saw a 4 door Squatch version out on Hells Revenge and it looked pretty good. Some of the iconic look is still there, but it looks like there isn't much clearance and a lot of the ground effects look like trail fodder to me. It will probably be a good alternative for those that don't like the Wrangler, but it will never be a better alternative.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Are you sure you saw a full size Bronco? The big Bronco is HUGE compared to a JL.
Until now I didn't realize the Bronco and Bronco Sports were different sizes. I thought the Sport was just the base trim level like with a JL. Most of what I've seen on the road have been Bronco Sports, which honestly don't look much bigger than a Ford Escape.

I have seen one of the bigger Broncos on the road, it was similar to the Gray one in this image, looks to be a Sasquatch Edition. The wheel wells seem very small. Doesn't look like there's any room for flexing without a lift. And even with a lift there would still be limited room as compared to a JL with same lift and tire size.

Jeep Wrangler JL Next Generation Prediction Bronco Comparison

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Until now I didn't realize the Bronco and Bronco Sports were different sizes. I thought the Sport was just the base trim level like with a JL. Most of what I've seen on the road have been Bronco Sports, which honestly don't look much bigger than a Ford Escape.

I have seen one of the bigger Broncos on the road, it was similar to the Gray one in this image, looks to be a Sasquatch Edition. The wheel wells seem very small. Doesn't look like there's any room for flexing without a lift. And even with a lift there would still be limited room as compared to a JL with same lift and tire size.

Jeep Wrangler JL Next Generation Prediction 1632092816224
Uh, dirty little secret, the Bronco Sport IS the Escape. Same platform, same factory, same assembly line. Soooo the question is........................UH.................why? I personally think the idiots in charge at Ford are freaking window licking morons, but then that's just like my personal opinion.
Sponsored