First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Jeep and Ram are Stellantis’s cash cows; they are not going to let them cows run out of milk.

I can see the refreshed JL to offer some sort of super duper power outlet accessory group for the cargo area, to power electric coolers, air compressors and what not. That seems to be the latest trend in overlanding vehicles.
Think of the premium if they painted the wheels white!!!
Sponsored

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
You are as looney as a football bat. You come here with wild claims of a new frame and body, which are in no way shape or form true. And don't expect to be called out on it? Those two items would require major retooling, and all associated vendors, not just your buddy, would be aware of it by now for a near future launch. There would be test mules in camouflage if they already have frame and body, would be submitted for crash ratings, etc, etc. There are so many different ways to disprove this malarkey.
Ok then, disprove it. You claim that you know and have proof. Show it.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Ok then, disprove it. You claim that you know and have proof. Show it.
I'm not the one who came in making wild claims, and trying to discredit a reputable member who has proven that he has ties to the automotive press and has had pre-production access to vehicles. I already listed the ways that I know your information was false. Would you rather I make a generic claim like you. My brother in laws, best friends neighbor knows a guy who is an engineer.... Pretty stupid isn't it?

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
I'm not the one who came in making wild claims, and trying to discredit a reputable member who has proven that he has ties to the automotive press and has had pre-production access to vehicles.
I did none of these things.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
a stripped down Rubicon trim with no mall crawler amenities (not that i hate them but they sure drive up prices) but with the Rubicon undercarriage/drivetrain (lockers, 4:1 tcase, low r&p gearing, M210 front, M220 rear etc)...

They could call it "Rubicon Sport".

It wouldn't cost jeep anything more to make and they'd sell a ton of them.

I'm probably going to be kicked in the dick for saying this, but I was wondering something of the complete opposite... since the Bronco has an IFS... I wonder if they offer an IFS option* on a mall crawler version... like Sahara only...

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I did none of these things.

"The 2023 model is a lot more than a "refresh". I don't know if FCA will call it "all-new" but it's definitely not a re-style. It's got an all new frame and tub. I don't know anything beyond that but logic dictates if that much is new than there could be A LOT more. "
I would say that is a wild claim. Then when TXRubicon called you out on it, you attempted to say that he was in the dark and knows nothing. Yet he has posted information here about various new vehicles, and shown proof of going on automotive journalism pre production rides. He does his best to communicate with us while maintaining embargoes on certain information that he has been privy to prior to the press release date.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
I would say that is a wild claim.
You are entitled to your opinion. I don't see anything wild about a redesigned frame and tub. Keep in mind that "redesigned" does not mean "completely different".

Then when TXRubicon called you out on it, you attempted to say that he was in the dark and knows nothing.
Now THAT is a wild claim.

You can see what happened however you want...but the fact is I simply dropped in some information I had that pertained to the subject of the thread. As is always the case, some people didn't like it and decided to be childish about it, and I don't play along with kids, so I walked away. Just like with TXRubicon, I could not care less if you believe me or not. You'll just get said info when the general public gets it. That's your choice.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
S
I'm probably going to be kicked in the dick for saying this, but I was wondering something of the complete opposite... since the Bronco has an IFS... I wonder if they offer an IFS option* on a mall crawler version... like Sahara only...
Since the new owners seem to be determined to make Jeep a Rover competitor (and now Bronco) why don’t they design a new vehicle for that purpose instead of bastardizing the Wrangler? If they start down that path and put IFS on one model it would creep into the other models until only the Rubi would have SFA — for a while

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
My prediction is this next generation Wrangler will likely entice me into buying one...;)

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Sence I've owned CJ's, YJ's, TJ's JK's and JL's, I would be willing to bet that I will buy as well.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Im afraid your probably correct. The industry is def heading to EV. I absolutely hate it. It may work for some people tree huggers or not. It is not even an option for me. :(
You want personal OPTIONS!!! They are no longer allowed! Do what you are MANDATED to do and like it! If you resist there are ways to make you like it!

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
S

Since the new owners seem to be determined to make Jeep a Rover competitor (and now Bronco) why don’t they design a new vehicle for that purpose instead of bastardizing the Wrangler? If they start down that path and put IFS on one model it would creep into the other models until only the Rubi would have SFA — for a while
It’s priced like a Rover competitor, might as well perform like one.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
The 2023 model is a lot more than a "refresh". I don't know if FCA will call it "all-new" but it's definitely not a re-style. It's got an all new frame and tub. I don't know anything beyond that but logic dictates if that much is new than there could be A LOT more.
The new frame is obviously for tire clearance, since there are too many competitors now coming from the factory with 35s and 37s. My bet is we're going to see a factory 37 option with the next Rubicon. And the new tub is to accommodate the new frame, so I wouldn't expect anything major from it like a change to aluminum. I wouldn't actually WANT that either.

But these are just my educated guesses based on what i've seen.
And finally we see the new Wrangler, and it's just a refresh, exactly like most of us predicted. No substantial changes to the frame or tub. No factory 37s. Just an ugly grill and a big radio for most models. This is why I don't trust when someone says they know someone, and have seen something, because it's always BS.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
And finally we see the new Wrangler, and it's just a refresh, exactly like most of us predicted. No substantial changes to the frame or tub. No factory 37s. Just an ugly grill and a big radio for most models. This is why I don't trust when someone says they know someone, and have seen something, because it's always BS.
LOL wut?! It's EXACTLY what I said it would be. I was JUST talking about this in the intro thread yesterday. Redesigned frame for more tire clearance and factory-available accessory packages (that winch that was redesigned to fit the new frame). I never said anything about "substantial changes" nor did I promise it would come with 37s from the factory. That part was simply a guess, and was stated as such - see the quote you posted - I even included the words " But these are just my educated guesses based on what i've seen".

You assigned a bunch of statements to me, and then tried to call me out on them. The only claims that didn't materialize are ones that YOU made. Not me.

This new JL is actually much more new than even I expected it would be. It's got frikin power seats!! Even I wouldn't have guessed that.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
LOL wut?! It's EXACTLY what I said it would be. I was JUST talking about this in the intro thread yesterday. Redesigned frame for more tire clearance and factory-available accessory packages (that winch that was redesigned to fit the new frame). I never said anything about "substantial changes" nor did I promise it would come with 37s from the factory. That part was simply a guess, and was stated as such.

You assigned a bunch of statements to me, and then tried to call me out on them. The only claims that didn't materialize are ones that YOU made. Not me.
Those quotes were from you, in this thread. Links are even provided. You claimed more than a refresh and whole new frame and tub, then claimed factory 37s. But it's just a refresh. No all new frame, only some tweaks, no all new tub, no factory 37s unless you count the super limited AEV stuff that is not done in Toledo.
Sponsored