RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase
Well, just found out my Metalclock lift that my shop ordered for me via Metalcloak on June 4th wont be here for my install date of June 30th. SMH

Will these stuff under a stock Rubicon for time being? I dont want Discount Tire selling these out from under me while I wait on next appointment.
@jlang see my posts earlier with these tires. Mine is stock Rubicon 2 door V6. It takes surprisingly good amount of flex. Shouldn't take it rock crawling but daily drive should be fine till your lift gets here. I'm driving mine until my spacer lift gets installed.

Other than having a slightly heavier wheel to achieve the final height, is there any other disadvantage to having the smaller width above?
@imbuere there's a small advantage for narrower rims if you air down when going offroad. Narrower rims hold the tire bead a little better. Still nowhere near as good as having beadlock wheels. But many of us on this thread are after lightweight so beadlocks are the opposite of that. FWIW my rims are only 8.5" wide and these tires still measure 35-3/8" at 27psi.
Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
@jlang see my posts earlier with these tires. Mine is stock Rubicon 2 door V6. It takes surprisingly good amount of flex. Shouldn't take it rock crawling but daily drive should be fine till your lift gets here. I'm driving mine until my spacer lift gets installed.

@imbuere there's a small advantage for narrower rims if you air down when going offroad. Narrower rims hold the tire bead a little better. Still nowhere near as good as having beadlock wheels. But many of us on this thread are after lightweight so beadlocks are the opposite of that. FWIW my rims are only 8.5" wide and these tires still measure 35-3/8" at 27psi.
Thanks Richie- I have a fairly steep step-up to get into my condo garage- almost the equivilent or height of a curb with a short inclined ramp to get into garage. Do you think it will flex enough to get into the fender liners and tear them up?

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Richie- I have a fairly steep step-up to get into my condo garage- almost the equivilent or height of a curb with a short inclined ramp to get into garage. Do you think it will flex enough to get into the fender liners and tear them up?
I really don't think you'll have issue driving till your lift gets here. You might take your condo ramp slower but it's unlikely you'll get close to rubbing.

In this photo I got rubbing when the stock flex is maxed out. It's pressed against my bump stop and can't flex anymore. I've been street driving the past week without changing habits and not come anywhere close to rubbing. I've even started taking speedbumps faster (thanks to the taller cushy sidewalls) than usual. Just hold off on wheeling with these tires till the lift arrives.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Raptor Load Range C 37s? 1624409365241

JeepBear

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Actually, tire manufacturers publish their tire sizes when mounted to a stated wheel width.

For BFG KO2 37x12.5R17 all published measurements are when mounted on a 17x10" wheel.

Not sure anyone thinks they are "true to size". We were discussing actual sizes. As far as comparative sizes, I have multiple members on my Jeep club with JLs and JTs, and nearly all are on 37x12.5" tires. Simply parking next to them the width and diameter of the KO2s is visually smaller than other tires. Close to an inch smaller on width and diameter.

That is neither good, nor bad. It is just a piece of info in the buying decision. I personally wanted a tire that would be in between a 35" and 37" tire, so it's not a big deal, though I was surprised that mine barely measure 34" under the Jeep.
Not sure if anyone in your club has 35" Ridge Grapplers or something like that but have you had a chance to visually compare them to something like that? If they're smaller than other brands 35s I'd probably just go with a 35" in another brand.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Not sure if anyone in your club has 35" Ridge Grapplers or something like that but have you had a chance to visually compare them to something like that? If they're smaller than other brands 35s I'd probably just go with a 35" in another brand.
Yes, I have. The Ridge Grapler in 35x12.5 is visually much wider (Ëś1"+) than the 37x12.5 KO2. Diameter at the center of the tire (crown) is similar, but at the shoulder (top of sidewall) the 35" Ridge Grapler is slightly taller than the KO2 - it seems to have a flatter thread profile. Hope this helps.

Again. Not saying KO2 is a bad tire. It is simply amazing on road and average/competent off-road. It just looks so small vs others of same stated size.

Sponsored

JeepBear

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Yes, I have. The Ridge Grapler in 35x12.5 is visually much wider (Ëś1"+) than the 37x12.5 KO2. Diameter at the center of the tire (crown) is similar, but at the shoulder (top of sidewall) the 35" Ridge Grapler is slightly taller than the KO2 - it seems to have a flatter thread profile. Hope this helps.

Again. Not saying KO2 is a bad tire. It is simply amazing on road and average/competent off-road. It just looks so small vs others of same stated size.
Thank you, it definitely helps with the decision of not getting the 37" KO2s but now back to the indecision of 35s or 37s with no re-gear in the near future.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
ah, that’s really good to know. I’m after light weight as well. Any idea how these would do in the factory 7.5” wheels?

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I had 35 inch RGs on my my JKU that I recently sold and now have these 37 inch Ko2s on my JLUR. I can't remember the width measurement but I do seem to recall that my RGs were smaller than 35 inch (I believe around 33.5 to 34) and my Ko2s are just a smidge taller than 35 in. Yes they are smaller than other 37s but I don't think they are smaller than my RGs were.

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S

Maybe I misunderstand this but are you comparing RG 35 to BFG 35 or 37, if 37 then I highly doubt that the BFG is smaller but 35 maybe

on another note does anyone have a comparison to the D rated BFG.....I cannot find these C-rated in stock at my local tire dealers and debating going with D rated instead as they are less money and can be ordered

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Maybe I misunderstand this but are you comparing RG 35 to BFG 35 or 37, if 37 then I highly doubt that the BFG is smaller but 35 maybe

on another note does anyone have a comparison to the D rated BFG.....I cannot find these C-rated in stock at my local tire dealers and debating going with D rated instead as they are less money and can be ordered
Sorry if I confused you. I'm saying that my 35 inch RGs measured around 33.5 to 35 inches tall and my current 37 inch C load Ko2s measure just a smidge above 35 inches. Yes, they may be small for 37s but they are not smaller than my 35 in RGs were.

Sponsored

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
Sorry if I confused you. I'm saying that my 35 inch RGs measured around 33.5 to 35 inches tall and my current 37 inch C load Ko2s measure just a smidge above 35 inches. Yes, they may be small for 37s but they are not smaller than my 35 in RGs were.

This is not to invalidate what the other poster said about his RGs, just saying that wasn't my experience.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I posted a picture on this thread earlier of a comparison. I got rid of my 35" grapplers for these. The KO2 is exactly 1" bigger. They sit much narrower as well though. The ride with KO2 is much better.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I posted a picture on this thread earlier of a comparison. I got rid of my 35" grapplers for these. The KO2 is exactly 1" bigger. They sit much narrower as well though. The ride with KO2 is much better.
Matt, how tall is your jeep at its highest point?

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014

These weren't in stock at my local Discount Tire either. They had to order them from BFG. It took about a week to receive them.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Matt, how tall is your jeep at its highest point?
I'm at about 76" not including the rhino rack pioneer platform. I have 2" mopar. No load other than steel bumpers. I hope that helps
Sponsored