Sponsored

New Raptor Load Range C 37s?

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
That is absolutely not how tires are measured please reread the previous posts you are misleading people! You have to put a straight edge across the top of the tire like a ruler and you measure to that you DO NOT measure just to the edge of the tread like you have done!!!
In all fairness, it appears he did line up the camera lense with the outter diameter of tire. Although not as accurate as a straightedge, it does give us an idea. He did mention taking both measurements in the past.
Sponsored

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to see pictures with some measurements and indicating the tire pressure on them.
Here you go, best I can do by myself. It's rather difficult to keep a straight tape measure and level ski pole while snapping a pic. :facepalm:

I originally reported 24 psi based on chalk test. I later found out my tire gauge was off and the actual pressure was even lower at 22 psi. I decided that's too low for my comfort. My tires are now set to 27 psi and I'll try it out for a while. I have 2 door JLR. As you can see my tires are undoubtedly above 35" using the ruler test with the vehicle weight on them.

Also update I decided to put a 2" spacer lift in the next couple weeks since I have a Wheeling trip coming up. Planning to stop by the sand dunes along the way. I'm less concerned about the 1 mph rock crawling/flexy stuff and more worried about running the dunes at high speed. Still have not encountered any rubbing in normal driving.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Raptor Load Range C 37s? 7E2EA7CB-0ABF-4107-A210-84C898FB86CE

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Okay with those who have tested these tires on their rig, since the 392 comes with a sort of 2" what else would be needed to ensure no rubbing off road? Just spacers or a larger lift entirely?

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase
Okay with those who have tested these tires on their rig, since the 392 comes with a sort of 2" what else would be needed to ensure no rubbing off road? Just spacers or a larger lift entirely?
I haven't been reading much on the 392. If it's true 392 comes 2" taller then check out this video which will give you a pretty good idea. I believe 392 wheels have the same offset as Rubicon wheels right? The two things you should note are:
  1. When steering is turned all the way tire would rub the lower control arms. He covers that in the video and if you're willing to accept a slightly bigger turning radius he suggests a relatively easy fix. No wheel spacers necessary.
  2. This guy's video has a 2" spacer lift kit that also includes 2" bump stops. While the 392 rides 2" higher you may possibly need bump stops to limit the flexing that'll cause the tire to hit your fenders. Teraflex makes a front+rear bumpstop kit for JLs. The rear ones can be installed without even pulling the tire if you crawl under. The front ones require the spring to be removed.
You shouldn't need anything more than possibly the bump stops to go offroad with no rubbing. This will retain your factory ride too. As to larger lift well that's a personal question. It's more of want than need. If you don't feel convicted on a larger lift, it's always good idea to start using what you have and you'll develop an idea of what you might want.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I haven't been reading much on the 392. If it's true 392 comes 2" taller then check out this video which will give you a pretty good idea. I believe 392 wheels have the same offset as Rubicon wheels right? The two things you should note are:
  1. When steering is turned all the way tire would rub the lower control arms. He covers that in the video and if you're willing to accept a slightly bigger turning radius he suggests a relatively easy fix. No wheel spacers necessary.
  2. This guy's video has a 2" spacer lift kit that also includes 2" bump stops. While the 392 rides 2" higher you may possibly need bump stops to limit the flexing that'll cause the tire to hit your fenders. Teraflex makes a front+rear bumpstop kit for JLs. The rear ones can be installed without even pulling the tire if you crawl under. The front ones require the spring to be removed.
You shouldn't need anything more than possibly the bump stops to go offroad with no rubbing. This will retain your factory ride too. As to larger lift well that's a personal question. It's more of want than need. If you don't feel convicted on a larger lift, it's always good idea to start using what you have and you'll develop an idea of what you might want.

Wow, thank you! That was incredibly helpful. I am going to look into the bump stop route then :) I am going to leave it factory for minimum 6 months except the tires and what now sounds like the bump stops.

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Here you go, best I can do by myself. It's rather difficult to keep a straight tape measure and level ski pole while snapping a pic. :facepalm:

I originally reported 24 psi based on chalk test. I later found out my tire gauge was off and the actual pressure was even lower at 22 psi. I decided that's too low for my comfort. My tires are now set to 27 psi and I'll try it out for a while. I have 2 door JLR. As you can see my tires are undoubtedly above 35" using the ruler test with the vehicle weight on them.
Thanks for posting the picture and measurements, other than the fact that my Jeep is a JLUR, and I measured it with my typical weight before passengers (with my tools and recovery gear) of 5,200 lbs, I don't know what could account for the difference.

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting the picture and measurements, other than the fact that my Jeep is a JLUR, and I measured it with my typical weight before passengers (with my tools and recovery gear) of 5,200 lbs, I don't know what could account for the difference.
Yeah I'm curious to hear what height others get as they mount these new tires. Using the same ruler-on-top method. Whether the vehicle's weight really impacts the height a lot. @gato you're running the Load D which is a variable. By chance do you have a lot of miles on them that's worn down the tread?

Loving the competition from Ford. Not only will the Bronco make the Wrangler lineup better, they're giving us better tire options. :clap:

Looks like I may not be regearing any time soon. No shop in my area charging less than $3000 seems to have availability before September.

Jeep Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
duuuude
So has anybody had a chance to compare ride quality(offroad as well) on BOTH a KO2 37, D Rated vs KO2 37, C-Rated, back to back yet?

I've been riding on KO2 37, D rating for the last two years, with 8000miles on them, so I'm wondering if it's worth taking mine off to sell, and buy the C-rated ones?
Is the contrast really worth it?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So has anybody had a chance to compare ride quality(offroad as well) on BOTH a KO2 37, D Rated vs KO2 37, C-Rated, back to back yet?

I've been riding on KO2 37, D rating for the last two years, with 8000miles on them, so I'm wondering if it's worth taking mine off to sell, and buy the C-rated ones?
Is the contrast really worth it?

Did you feel any negative change in ride quality going from load range C 33s to load range D 37s? I didn't.

Minor adjustments in tire pressure are much more noticeable than the difference between load range C or D on a tire. I doubt many people can correctly pick out which tire they are driving on (37Cs cs 37Ds) on a blind test.

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
If these are basically 35s wouldn't you be perfectly fine because people run 35s with no lift.

Is the best thing about these is the weight savings?

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
If these are basically 35s wouldn't you be perfectly fine because people run 35s with no lift.

That was my thinking all along.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014

Most 35's come in just under 34 inches. The 37 in Ko2s seem to measure just over 35 inches and they weigh less than most 35 inch tires. So you get a bigger tire that's not TOO big and it also weighs less.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired

The weight savings is the reason I am going with these yes.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR

They are bigger than 35s, more like a 36 but the weight of a 35. Best of both worlds. Everyone is so hung up on their exact diameter, I think the group of us that have bought them were more for the C rating than the size. If I wanted size I would’ve gone toyo or cooper. All bfg run a little small, more like an in between size. It is what it is

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Maybe I should look into these then, how are they for no lift? Guessing they rub.
Sponsored