Sponsored

apsinghsr5

First Name
amrit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler unlimited jl
Hi jeepers , my story starts from here first my jeep’s dashboard showed “abs light” for which I checked with my dealership, they said it needs new abs module which doesn't cover in warranty and they also said its okay to drive it with precautions. But one day my jeep showed all these lights on dashboard and the shifter got stuck on Park then i turned off my jeep and started with “ remote start “ then shifter starts working and this problem still comes but not everyday. also whenever i starts my jeep with “remote start” , it only stays ON for few seconds. I dont know why jeep not fixing all these problems even after making jeeps from long time now “jeep since 1941”. There are lot of people loves jeep and wanna have jeep in their life but because of all these problems people don't buy jeeps … please please please Jeep please improve your product’s quality or we have to start saying like that mechanic guy says on youtube “ dont buy Chrysler products “

P.s - abs module is not replaced yet

Sponsored

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
Also, Have both batteries checked. If you are still on the original battery it is probably time for a new one and bad batteries can cause all kinds of strange issues on these.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
+1 to the battery suggestion.

@apsinghsr5
Batteries that are reaching the end of their practical service life can sometimes be the cause of seemingly unrelated electrical problems. This can manifest as sporadic functioning of a vehicle's HVAC controls, wonky illumination of dashboard warning lights, etc.

If the batter(ies) in your '18 are original to the vehicle, consider replacing them as a prophylactic measure. Four+ years is a decent run for an AGM battery upon which the electrical demands of a modern vehicle are placed.

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Checkthat all fuses are pushed-in all the way. Disconnect, lube with WD-40 all and reconnect all ABS connectors.... worked for me.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Hi jeepers , my story starts from here first my jeep’s dashboard showed “abs light” for which I checked with my dealership, they said it needs new abs module which doesn't cover in warranty and they also said its okay to drive it with precautions. But one day my jeep showed all these lights on dashboard and the shifter got stuck on Park then i turned off my jeep and started with “ remote start “ then shifter starts working and this problem still comes but not everyday. also whenever i starts my jeep with “remote start” , it only stays ON for few seconds. I dont know why jeep not fixing all these problems even after making jeeps from long time now “jeep since 1941”. There are lot of people loves jeep and wanna have jeep in their life but because of all these problems people don't buy jeeps … please please please Jeep please improve your product’s quality or we have to start saying like that mechanic guy says on youtube “ dont buy Chrysler products “

You said it. 1941-2006 Jeep was basic, there were few option. Then came the JK and then JT and the JL. Now we leather seats, electric this, electric that. IIRC Jeep did not get OEM AC until '97!

Fact was Jeep was KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid and then came the JK and now you know...its a long steep learning curve...the last of the REAL JEEPS was 2006 TJ!!!

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Change your Aux battery

OP
OP

apsinghsr5

First Name
amrit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, Have both batteries checked. If you are still on the original battery it is probably time for a new one and bad batteries can cause all kinds of strange issues on these.

Thats my battery status

38FA80EA-2E9C-4957-B6AE-E785FA4684B3.jpeg

OP
OP

apsinghsr5

First Name
amrit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You said it. 1941-2006 Jeep was basic, there were few option. Then came the JK and then JT and the JL. Now we leather seats, electric this, electric that. IIRC Jeep did not get OEM AC until '97!

Fact was Jeep was KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid and then came the JK and now you know...its a long steep learning curve...the last of the REAL JEEPS was 2006 TJ!!!
Thanks for information brother

Sponsored

OP
OP

apsinghsr5

First Name
amrit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

so getting abs module replace is good idea ,as dealership said ?

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
Perform the required maintenance on your Jeep and it will work as designed. 🤷‍♂️ Factory remote start won't work with the check engine light on.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Thanks for information brother
Thank you

Lived in Maryland back when I was stationed at Ft Mead, loved going to Annapolis and eating fresh oysters as they brought them in in buckets and dumped them on the bar.

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
so getting abs module replace is good idea ,as dealership said ?
You were given three great pieces of advice on a 5 model years old (soon to be six model years old) Wrangler.

1) How old are your batteries? If older than two (2) years, you may want to replace them.
2)Open your fuse box and push everything in to make sure all fuses are making proper connection.
3) As Steph1 wrote - Disconnect, lube with WD-40 all and reconnect all ABS connectors.

Have you done anything that was suggested? This forum is a great learning tool for all Wrangler enthusiasts. You asked for help while questioning Jeep's reliability on a first year, 5 year old Wrangler with 59,000 miles on it. We'd like to learn from your experience.
Sponsored