A handful of linked error lights - ABS, Traction, and Service 4wd

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
Wheel speed sensors are on each wheel hub.

You can inspect to see if there is any damage to the wire. But they do just stop working from time to time
Back in the shop this morning. Call this afternoon. Tech removed the check valve on my supplemental braking system and replaced in backwards. Created a vacuum mis read by the controller.
Why did they remove this for the O2 sensor harness?
Oh well. All good
Sponsored

Tsunami-x

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
I am having the same issue with these error lights - ABS, ESC, serv 4WD. Itā€™s now the fourth time the vehicle has been dropped off for service. I have had wheel sensors and the ABS module replaced to no avail. It is becoming frustrating to say the least. 2018 JLUR!

Jl guy

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jlu Sahara
92A57E6A-8843-4D61-9E15-DEA871E2467F.png
I have a 2018 jeep jlu Sahara and I had problems with my taser jl. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. I bought a tazer jl lite and installed it in my Jeep. I followed all the steps in the instructions but what I didnā€™t know was that the tazer was married to another vehicle before mine. When I was going through the menus I accidentally pushed full reboot and I got a service 4wd light, service electric stability control, and a abs malfunction. I took out my tazer and used a scan tool to find the code implausible data from wheel speed sensor. I sent my tazer jl to z-automotive got it back properly married it and no luck. I tried everything. Iā€™m just confused on why this happened to my jl. Was there a problem before that wasnā€™t recognized by the security gateway module or did the tazer jl cause a fault in the computer. I had tried to clear these codes but they are hard codes that wouldnā€™t clear. I took it to my dealer and they said it was a wheel speed sensor. I know some people have had problems with their wheel speed sensors but it seems pretty ironic that the peed sensor went bad when I rebooted the jl system. Any issues like this?

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Update on 1/23/19: Right rear wheel speed sensor is the culprit. Apparently my faulty main battery was unrelated to the error codes getting thrown. And it masked the issue with the intermittent wheel speed sensor.

--------------------------------------

Update on 1/21/19: all three error lights have returned. Apparently the faulty battery isn't the problem. Back to the shop it goes.

Update on 1/15/19: All of the error messages I was getting below are a result of the main battery being bad. Dealer replaced it under warranty.

So.

31k miles on my JLUR.

Yesterday on the highway I randomly got three dash lights to chime all at the same time. ABS, Traction control, and 4WD SERV.

And a ton of notifications accordingly. IE: Service ABS, service 4wd system, etc. Even cruise control won't work while they are lit.

Those lights stayed on for the hour home. In the morning, they were all gone. While driving out to the snow today they all three fired back on. Then back off 30 minutes later. Then, SURPRISE, they all are back on.

I am going to schedule a service appointment tomorrow - but any idea what it could be?

The only thing I can think of is a wheel speed sensor. I checked all 4 of mine and they are all plugged in and appear to be not damaged.
thank you for starting the thread and sharing your experience!

I am having the same issue with these error lights - ABS, ESC, serv 4WD. Itā€™s now the fourth time the vehicle has been dropped off for service. I have had wheel sensors and the ABS module replaced to no avail. It is becoming frustrating to say the least. 2018 JLUR!
this makes me nervous. Have you figured it out? Iā€™ve got the same issue and just dropped it off.

Iā€™m in a similar boat. Iā€™ve got the serv 4wd, etc and ABS lights on. Additionally the auto stop start and cruise control arenā€™t working and the backup camera only works occasionally.

I've tried diagnosing and clearing it with jscan, but no luck,

I did just get my Jeep regeared and itā€™s a manual. I read there is a procedure to reset the gears (drain power, drive in 6th for 20 secs, etc) but that didnā€™t work for me. I did successfully reset the gears using the jscan app. I donā€™t know if the lights and issues are connected since none of these other people did that first? Maybe They did disconnect or damage the wheel sensor (I hope itā€™s that simple!)

just wanted to see if anyone else has any updates to this.

Tsunami-x

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
thank you for starting the thread and sharing your experience!

this makes me nervous. Have you figured it out? Iā€™ve got the same issue and just dropped it off.

Iā€™m in a similar boat. Iā€™ve got the serv 4wd, etc and ABS lights on. Additionally the auto stop start and cruise control arenā€™t working and the backup camera only works occasionally.

I've tried diagnosing and clearing it with jscan, but no luck,

I did just get my Jeep regeared and itā€™s a manual. I read there is a procedure to reset the gears (drain power, drive in 6th for 20 secs, etc) but that didnā€™t work for me. I did successfully reset the gears using the jscan app. I donā€™t know if the lights and issues are connected since none of these other people did that first? Maybe They did disconnect or damage the wheel sensor (I hope itā€™s that simple!)

just wanted to see if anyone else has any updates to this.
I had it repaired, or should I say, the lights have not come on again. My service department, with the help from Chrysler techs performed an overlay of the wiring harness (itā€™s what they explained to me). Maybe this is a fancy way of saying, we Jerry rigged your ride.

Sponsored

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
I had it repaired, or should I say, the lights have not come on again. My service department, with the help from Chrysler techs performed an overlay of the wiring harness (itā€™s what they explained to me). Maybe this is a fancy way of saying, we Jerry rigged your ride.
If the lights went away and the 4 wd works Iā€™d say itā€™s a win!!

mine is the front left wheel speed sensor. The cable is crushed between the spring and the newly trussed axle. Because the axle was enhanced it is not covered. $370 for them to replace it!
I called the shop that did my regear and axle truss and they want me to bring it and my jscan up for them to look at it. I hope theyā€™ll fix it for free today. Itā€™s quite a hassle to now extricate my Jeep from the dealer (they were going to evaluate it for the clutch recall while it was in there) then take it up to the other mechanic a half hour away, all while juggling my 2 toddlers, in hopes that Iā€™ll have a functional Jeep for a trail ride I have planned for tomorrow.

it sounds like the cruise control, backup camera and ess is a separate issue, as I suspected, related to the regear and resetting the computer. no suggestions yet on that. :(

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just had my Dana30/35 swapped out for Dana44s. Lights were coming on for ABS, Traction Control, 4WD, and Cruise Control...all telling me they need service.

Took it in to Jeep, they charged me $45 for a wiring harness (that connects to the rear wheel sensors; apparently the harness broke somehow). With some labor to put it on (1hr).

Happy to report I get no more errors, and all functions are fine! Lesson learned, have Jeep look at it. :)

NYJeepFan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
@JeepCares I just brought my Jeep in today for the same issues as the above ABS, 4wd Service, and ABS lights. Jeep dealer called me back said the wire was ripped out for the front tire sensor. They said they took a pic and I know I did not run over anything. They are charging me $466 and telling me its not under warranty. Any help would be great. I ahve 22k miles on a 2019 Rubicon U and this is my first issue.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares I just brought my Jeep in today for the same issues as the above ABS, 4wd Service, and ABS lights. Jeep dealer called me back said the wire was ripped out for the front tire sensor. They said they took a pic and I know I did not run over anything. They are charging me $466 and telling me its not under warranty. Any help would be great. I ahve 22k miles on a 2019 Rubicon U and this is my first issue.
How is the drivetrain not under warranty?

I paid since I swapped axles, different scenario.

If I were you Iā€™d escalate to the customer service manager at the dealer.

If that doesnā€™t work start calling other dealers.

FREE2ROAM

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
My 2018 JLU Sahara has been in 4 times for the traction control warning this past year. Had the following done;no resolve as of yet.
1) reflashed system- Came back 2 days later.
2) replaced 2nd battery- Came back a one days later.
3) Replaced vacume pump- short detected, Lasted 1 month, then came back intermittently.
4) Replaced vacume pump a second time last week- Came back 1 day later and triggers every time I drive.

So frustrating.

@JeepCares

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My 2018 JLU Sahara has been in 4 times for the traction control warning this past year. Had the following done;no resolve as of yet.
1) reflashed system- Came back 2 days later.
2) replaced 2nd battery- Came back a one days later.
3) Replaced vacume pump- short detected, Lasted 1 month, then came back intermittently.
4) Replaced vacume pump a second time last week- Came back 1 day later and triggers every time I drive.

So frustrating.

@JeepCares
Good afternoon!

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you've been having recently. If any of you are currently working with your Jeep dealers to get this addressed, or you simply have concerns that you would like us to investigate, please feel free to send our team a private message! Thanks.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
I just had the same three error messages come on while testing out new shocks over an extremely rough railroad crossing. Thanks to this thread and a few others Iā€™m pretty confident that it is a rear wheel speed sensor. It did show two codes and the rear speed sensor was one of them. I was able to clear the codes with my tazer. I think I will look into it myself and not bother with the dealership. I also saw someone mention on another thread that one of the pins in their plug was pushed in or not in the proper place. Thatā€™s an easy thing to check for me.

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
It happened to me today. 2021 JLUR 2.0, 3700 miles. Hit a bump on paved road at about 30mph and serv4wd, ABS and ESC lights came on. Stopped and shut off then restarted engine. All lights off. About 10 minutes later they all came back on. The serv4wd light went out after a couple of minutes but the other 2 stayed on. Have checked fuses, looked at wires at wheel sensors, checked battery cables and the ABS and ESC are still on. Appointment Monday morning at the dealer. I don't have a scanner so I can't read the codes. Maybe that should be my next purchase.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It happened to me today. 2021 JLUR 2.0, 3700 miles. Hit a bump on paved road at about 30mph and serv4wd, ABS and ESC lights came on. Stopped and shut off then restarted engine. All lights off. About 10 minutes later they all came back on. The serv4wd light went out after a couple of minutes but the other 2 stayed on. Have checked fuses, looked at wires at wheel sensors, checked battery cables and the ABS and ESC are still on. Appointment Monday morning at the dealer. I don't have a scanner so I can't read the codes. Maybe that should be my next purchase.
Hey, tk1700. If you need an extra layer of assistance while working with the dealer for repairs, please don't hesitate to contact us in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
@JeepCares

Thank you. I actually had a good experience at the dealer today. They had the Jeep about 5 hours. There was a code recorded and they determined the right rear wheel speed sensor is bad. A sensor is on order and should be here the end of May. Hopefully it will arrive on time and fix the problem. Right now all the lights are out.
Sponsored