New 2021 - Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Multiple Problems

JeepRobDE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Purchased a brand new 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with Manual Transmission in January 2021.

I've had multiple problems since purchase. All within the first 3,000 miles. Easy on road driving.

1. Transmission / Clutch. At around 1,000 miles started hearing a rattle in the transmission / clutch. Also, some vibration when clutch depressed. Took the Jeep to the dealer service department. Initially, the service department didn't hear the rattle (or didn't want to). I was brushed off. I persisted. Service department diagnosed the problem to be the pressure plate and throw out bearing. This was before the transmission software update was made. Service department replaced the pressure plate and release bearing.

2. Defective Resonator. I contacted the service department and reported I was hearing a loud exhaust system sound. Took the Jeep to the service department. Initially, the tech said he couldn't hear it. Service department determined it was a defective resonator. Service department replaced the defective resonator.

3. Engine misfire. I started feeling vibrations around the engine / transmission area. The vibrations are light, medium, and / or heavy. Dropped it off at the service department. Three members of the service department told me there were no vibrations. I persisted. The service department arranged for a "Jeep area engineer" to drive my Jeep. The "Jeep area engineer" drove my Jeep only 2 miles. The "Jeep area engineer" said there were no vibrations. (I was told I wasn't allowed to meet with the engineer because of Covid. Outside, with masks, 6 feet apart - why not?) I persisted again. I went back to the service department. The service manager rode with me, and he said the vibration was engine misfire. Cause not determined yet. Upcoming appointment with the service department.

4. Heater. No heat, sporadic. This was discovered shortly after purchase, within a couple hundred miles. Heater set on manual. (Not auto.) One example: Cold outside 35 degrees, heater set to 75 (or higher) and blows regular air. No heat. Has continued since the beginning. Most recent last week. Cause not determined yet. Upcoming appointment with the service department.

I've made multiple trips to the dealer service department over this time period. Couple of the visits the Jeep was kept multiple days.

(Points of reference: Previously, I owned a brand new 2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with Manual Transmission. Drove it 25,000 miles. No problems. Also, have owned several other new Jeep Wranglers prior with no problems.)

I believe there is a reasonable expectation that a brand new 2021 Jeep Wrangler should not be having this quantity and these types of problems within the first 3,000 miles.

Lemon?

Jeep (FCA) assistance in this matter?

Contact @JeepCares

Opinions?
Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Forget about FCA or Jeep Cars they are worthless and only middle men. Talk to a Lemon Law attorney ASAP.

My 2020 JLUR had horrible electrical issues that Jeep could not figure out. Jeep Care was useless and FCA even worst.

My Jeep was bought back and now I am waiting for a new one that I just ordered.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
We persisted a lot at the dealer.
It is like the mandatory job requirement is "Applicant must NOT have integrity, honesty, and professionalism, and the shady you are, the more we want you."

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Purchased a brand new 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with Manual Transmission in January 2021.

I've had multiple problems since purchase. All within the first 3,000 miles. Easy on road driving.

1. Transmission / Clutch. At around 1,000 miles started hearing a rattle in the transmission / clutch. Also, some vibration when clutch depressed. Took the Jeep to the dealer service department. Initially, the service department didn't hear the rattle (or didn't want to). I was brushed off. I persisted. Service department diagnosed the problem to be the pressure plate and throw out bearing. This was before the transmission software update was made. Service department replaced the pressure plate and release bearing.

2. Defective Resonator. I contacted the service department and reported I was hearing a loud exhaust system sound. Took the Jeep to the service department. Initially, the tech said he couldn't hear it. Service department determined it was a defective resonator. Service department replaced the defective resonator.

3. Engine misfire. I started feeling vibrations around the engine / transmission area. The vibrations are light, medium, and / or heavy. Dropped it off at the service department. Three members of the service department told me there were no vibrations. I persisted. The service department arranged for a "Jeep area engineer" to drive my Jeep. The "Jeep area engineer" drove my Jeep only 2 miles. The "Jeep area engineer" said there were no vibrations. (I was told I wasn't allowed to meet with the engineer because of Covid. Outside, with masks, 6 feet apart - why not?) I persisted again. I went back to the service department. The service manager rode with me, and he said the vibration was engine misfire. Cause not determined yet. Upcoming appointment with the service department.

4. Heater. No heat, sporadic. This was discovered shortly after purchase, within a couple hundred miles. Heater set on manual. (Not auto.) One example: Cold outside 35 degrees, heater set to 75 (or higher) and blows regular air. No heat. Has continued since the beginning. Most recent last week. Cause not determined yet. Upcoming appointment with the service department.

I've made multiple trips to the dealer service department over this time period. Couple of the visits the Jeep was kept multiple days.

(Points of reference: Previously, I owned a brand new 2018 JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with Manual Transmission. Drove it 25,000 miles. No problems. Also, have owned several other new Jeep Wranglers prior with no problems.)

I believe there is a reasonable expectation that a brand new 2021 Jeep Wrangler should not be having this quantity and these types of problems within the first 3,000 miles.

Lemon?

Jeep (FCA) assistance in this matter?

Contact @JeepCares

Opinions?
Thanks for tagging us here, JeepRobDE, we would be happy to assist you! Could you send me a private message that lists the current concerns so we can focus on getting those handled? We will keep an eye out for your reply!

Kate
Jeep Cares

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Have you considered that you might be wrong?

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Would be difficult to Lemon at this point. Just dump it...used car prices are through the roof right now. Unless you’ve modded it you might even make a little $$.

Sponsored