First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willy's Xtreme Recon, Acura MDX, Honda CRV
Occupation
Filmmaker
Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question. Could someone help me understand how this works? I was about to purchase my first Jeep and found the Below invoice pricing thread.

Question is about the Current $5000 incentive, then I just got a $1000 bonus incentive if I order or buy before 4/19/2023. It seems this is a better deal off MSRP $6000 vs 6-5% off dealer invoice. Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance, I was looking to place my order next week.

Steve
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum.

The only dumb question is the one that doesn’t get asked.

Roughly speaking, there’s a 5% spread between Invoice and MSRP. So, a 5% off dealer invoice represents about a 10% off MSRP. You can then do the math based on whatever MSRP you are looking at.

Hope this helps.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question. Could someone help me understand how this works? I was about to purchase my first Jeep and found the Below invoice pricing thread.

Question is about the Current $5000 incentive, then I just got a $1000 bonus incentive if I order or buy before 4/19/2023. It seems this is a better deal off MSRP $6000 vs 6-5% off dealer invoice. Am I missing something?

Steve
There is a $5000 incentive?!? Is this a manufacturer incentive or dealer incentive(discount)?

As far as I know, you can use manufacturer incentives on top of any discount the dealer gives you because the dealer gets reimbursed for any incentives you qualify for.

YJdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ 4.0, 2021 JL Willys Sport
All I see on the incentives page is 7.26% @ 60 months.....lmfao!

And yes, manufacturers coupons/incentives are still applied on top of doing the Tread Lightly route.

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I may be wrong, but I didn’t think the incentives and bonus cash could be used until the Jeep was invoiced and available to actually purchase. Yours says order or buy?

Sponsored

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Regardless of what you can stack or get the dealer can eat whatever they want to sell the Jeep. We purchased another JLUR4xe Friday. We found 2 out of county at 51 and 54k. When we arrived they were 58 and 60k. These guys started at 4k down at those listings which think they were offering 3500 off msrp which was 61500 and 63500 I think. They pitched 4k down at 1100 a mnth with a fico of 860 we said he'll NO. 2 days later Friday we ended up at 0 down 648 a month so what changed. You can do the math but 58k less dealer incentive of 3500 54500. We printed the site listing at 51 and 54k with Vins and which was another 3500 but where they got that incentive from we have no clue. We then threw down our own lease and took the 7500 up front which changes the residual but will out weigh the CA tax when we buy in july so ultimately we were below wholesale and around 46500 reviewed paper work and yes they ate 3500 plus 3500 and we took the extra 7500.

Keep in mind despite what the dealers say the market has cooled dramatically and they have loads on inventory on the back lots.

When we bought my Daughter's 2023 Corolla HB they tried to get us 5k over sticker which sticker is usually 3% over wholesale, not gunna work. They went 3 under = wholesale then 5% under that. The 3% is what the Manufacturer pays them for selling the car. Everything above that is pure profit.

We drove 600 miles round trip to out smart these goons. Had an awesome lunch in San Diego and won. What I'd say it 1 do not under any circumstance pay dealer mark up. 2 do not pay above MSPR less 3%. 3 do not buy if you can wait trust me you can wait for 7 to 10k. And 4 lastly this summer 23' these lots will be flooded with inventory especially 4xes!

Hope that helped.

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
Regardless of what you can stack or get the dealer can eat whatever they want to sell the Jeep. We purchased another JLUR4xe Friday. We found 2 out of county at 51 and 54k. When we arrived they were 58 and 60k. These guys started at 4k down at those listings which think they were offering 3500 off msrp which was 61500 and 63500 I think. They pitched 4k down at 1100 a mnth with a fico of 860 we said he'll NO. 2 days later Friday we ended up at 0 down 648 a month so what changed. You can do the math but 58k less dealer incentive of 3500 54500. We printed the site listing at 51 and 54k with Vins and which was another 3500 but where they got that incentive from we have no clue. We then threw down our own lease and took the 7500 up front which changes the residual but will out weigh the CA tax when we buy in july so ultimately we were below wholesale and around 46500 reviewed paper work and yes they ate 3500 plus 3500 and we took the extra 7500.

Keep in mind despite what the dealers say the market has cooled dramatically and they have loads on inventory on the back lots.

When we bought my Daughter's 2023 Corolla HB they tried to get us 5k over sticker which sticker is usually 3% over wholesale, not gunna work. They went 3 under = wholesale then 5% under that. The 3% is what the Manufacturer pays them for selling the car. Everything above that is pure profit.

We drove 600 miles round trip to out smart these goons. Had an awesome lunch in San Diego and won. What I'd say it 1 do not under any circumstance pay dealer mark up. 2 do not pay above MSPR less 3%. 3 do not buy if you can wait trust me you can wait for 7 to 10k. And 4 lastly this summer 23' these lots will be flooded with inventory especially 4xes!

Hope that helped.
There is currently a $3K CARB cash incentive in CA, in addition to the Federal $7,500 tax credit, available upfront on a lease, $10,500 total, not including any dealer discount or FCA TDM incentives.

OP
OP
smon222

smon222

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Filmmaker
Well my dealer told me they have a special $5000 off MSRP on new jeeps. ( I just checked the website and it says 4XE) but I swear he said all jeeps when ordering so I will check tomorrow. Maybe its dealer specific?

Also, I just received an email directly from Jeep saying Exclusive 1000 bonus cash yesterday when I signed up on the Jeep website. I got a personalized Certificate code that says valid to order or delivery by 04/19/2023. AND it is above and beyond any other incentives, which is why I was asking.

If its incorrect, well that is exactly why I came here for clarification.

Thanks!

Last edited:

XX4XEXX

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Yeah we got 7k off plus 7500 and Trail Friendly discount. Hold fast till closer to 4/19 these things are going to flood the market.

Well my dealer told me they have a special $5000 off MSRP on new jeeps. ( I just checked the website and it says 4XE) but I swear he said all jeeps when ordering so I will check tomorrow. Maybe its dealer specific?

Also, I just received an email directly from Jeep saying Exclusive 1000 bonus cash yesterday when I signed up on the Jeep website. I got a personalized Certificate code that says valid to order or delivery by 04/19/2023. AND it is above and beyond any other incentives, which is why I was asking.

Thanks!

AndiS

First Name
Andi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon

Thanks!
A dealer local to me is advertising $5000 off of 4xe on the lot right now. Pretty sure it's because they've been sitting there for a while. The dealer ordered too many - and did so before the IRA was signed back in August which changed the tax credit rules - and they're trying to get them out the door while they know people can still get the tax credit. They don't want to get stuck with them. 4xe is the only model advertised at that discount.

FWIW, I got pricing from one of the below invoice dealers and took it to this same local dealership to give them an opportunity to get somewhere in the ballpark. I figured it wouldn't hurt and if they got close enough it would save me a five-hour drive. They didn't even bother to try.

Sponsored

Ron Texas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rubicon
There are deals on the 4Xe, Gladiator and Diesels on dealer lots. There are a few dealers across the country who will sell an ordered car for 5% below invoice. If they are not near you then factor in transportation costs. I suspect the waiting time for order delivery is longer from dealers who are trying to under cut the market.

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek

Thanks!
Who has a special $5K off MSRP, the dealer? I don't see anything on the Jeep site but it could be a factory to dealer incentive which are not advertised. If it's a Jeep incentive then it must still be in effect when your Jeep is delivered to receive the cash, not when the order is placed. If the dealer is giving you the $5K off then make sure to get it in writing and also make sure your order is price protected. A lot can change in the 8 - 12 months it typically takes for delivery.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Who has a special $5K off MSRP, the dealer? I don't see anything on the Jeep site but it could be a factory to dealer incentive which are not advertised. If it's a Jeep incentive then it must still be in effect when your Jeep is delivered to receive the cash, not when the order is placed. If the dealer is giving you the $5K off then make sure to get it in writing and also make sure your order is price protected. A lot can change in the 8 - 12 months it typically takes for delivery.
Screenshot from the dealer website.
Targeted factory incentive? I haven't seen it on any other dealer website that I've checked.
I'd be running to my dealer if this could be used on an order and in conjunction with a below invoice price protected quote.

EDIT: This appears to be targeted to people who bought a MOPAR Lifetime Warranty. It's a way of getting those owners out of those warranties.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep Incentives vs Below Invoice Screenshot_20230220_084714_Chrome

Last edited:

charan0304

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Steve
Man ! How did you get a 1000$ incentive. I am due pickup of my 4xe in March. I might be able to take delivery before 4/19/2023. How do I get one ?

OP
OP
smon222

smon222

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Filmmaker
So I purchased(ordered) yesterday a 2023 White Willys 2.0L w/ Extreme Recon, 3 piece hardtop, and Aux Trailer package. Got the signed invoice so no tricky business. They were really awesome and super easy to work with so I wasn't too worried anyway.

MSRP 53070 FWP 51,021 and I got right at 7% off the FWP.

Also note: I went to look at the Broncos with the wife. LOL +10,000 over MSRP or they would graciously give me full MSRP on a new order if/when they ever open the order process for new buyers again. To me it was a no brainer on what to do.
Sponsored