Sponsored

Arizona jeepers! Earnhardt Jeep in Gilbert is matching 5% below invoice!

Were you able to order from Andres?

• Total voters

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Here it is! Ordered 6/25 arrived 7/25.
Sport, manual trans, windows, locks, tow pkg, lsd, sirius. My first!

E3F29FA3-8E24-4941-88B6-DD446968CE93.jpeg

E2DA2FEB-A90E-452C-9DC5-05AA07B24DEB.jpeg

D7AD3BE6-EF0A-4116-987B-6B5923D8B4D6.jpeg
That's almost exactly my Jeep except the color. Ordered 6/30, dare I hope for 7/30?

MartyParty

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport, Ocean Blue
That's almost exactly my Jeep except the color. Ordered 6/30, dare I hope for 7/30?
According to Josh, timeline was El Mirage friday (which seems like 3 weeks ago lol), seemed like it got there Sunday, available for pick-up Wednesday afternoon.
I desperately tried my best not to annoy him, and when the time did come for actual vehicular interaction and purchase arrangement he texted me aā€™ plenty.

P.S. If you were not aware, an issue on the uh, ā€˜Issuesā€™ forum regarded improper fuse seating in the box underhood next to the battery. I picked mine up yesterday, drove it halfway home and figured what the fiddlesticks...and sure enough quite a few were somewhat akimbo...my 0.02. Also steering was like riding an African elephant...however 100 miles later seems to get better. Iā€™ve stalled it a few times, take-up is not far from the floor...and the engine isnā€™t happy until about 2,000 rpm.
However any worries fly out your manually rolled down window the second you drive over something tho...itā€™s awesome!

Last edited:

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info MartyParty.

I plan to check the fuses and tire pressure. Hoping I don't get one of the bad steering boxes so many have posted about. If so, I'll be spending a lot of time down at the dealership.

MartyParty

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport, Ocean Blue
Thanks for the info MartyParty.

I plan to check the fuses and tire pressure. Hoping I don't get one of the bad steering boxes so many have posted about. If so, I'll be spending a lot of time down at the dealership.
My tire pressure is around 43 on all corners...thereā€™s a neat-o scrolling thingy on the left side of the steering wheel that has tons of info!
I wonder if the combo of hard/new tires and highway speed lift makes the steering a little off...I mean, a couple times on the way home today, if I wasnā€™t paying total attention it just went thataway lol. But I also drive an 18 wheeler so maybe Iā€™m used to it!

So like, itā€™s prob not gonna be perfect at first but I would def see if things improve before you walk around the showroom yelling ā€˜donā€™t buy a car from here!ā€™ as some guy did when I showed up to buy my car.

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

My tire pressure is around 43 on all corners...thereā€™s a neat-o scrolling thingy on the left side of the steering wheel that has tons of info!
I wonder if the combo of hard/new tires and highway speed lift makes the steering a little off...I mean, a couple times on the way home today, if I wasnā€™t paying total attention it just went thataway lol. But I also drive an 18 wheeler so maybe Iā€™m used to it!

So like, itā€™s prob not gonna be perfect at first but I would def see if things improve before you walk around the showroom yelling ā€˜donā€™t buy a car from here!ā€™ as some guy did when I showed up to buy my car.
Whoa! Did he elaborate? What was his issue :movember:

MartyParty

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport, Ocean Blue
Whoa! Did he elaborate? What was his issue :movember:
GRAK....near as I could tell he claimed he had a scratch on his vehicle that, again, he claimed nobody at EJCD would address, despite his persistent efforts otherwise...he walked around the showroom shouting, and was eventually called into a side office. I then spent the next 3 hours getting my ordered JLU, cause you know, f*ck that guy. I had zero problems.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My tire pressure is around 43 on all corners...t.
Everyone says that's too high. Air down to 37 or less, whatever's on the door plate. Lots of people report improved steering once that's done.
Your jeep looks great! Love that color.

MartyParty

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport, Ocean Blue
You mean 7 psi over a recommended 36 is too high? Lol...yeah Iā€™ll get around to it...and thanks on the color. I said if Iā€™m really gonna get this thing, itā€™s gonna be what I want. Iā€™m not gonna settle for light gray, whatever. It helped that factory orders are apparently a ā€˜Wrangler thingā€™. I wouldnā€™t dare complain about waiting a month...when I did see it tho...itā€™s pretty amazing. Exactly what you want, right there!

Sponsored

rolandal

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
Well, I'm a bit late to the party....but I ordered my Sting Gray Rubicon from Earnhardt/Gilbert on June 25 at invoice pricing. (Wish I had seen this earlier). She arrived on the lot yesterday, July 25th, and I pick her up this morning!!!! Feels like Christmas morning for me!!!!!
How do you figure out what Invoice pricing is? All I see is MSRP

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
How do you figure out what Invoice pricing is? All I see is MSRP
Somebody on this site made a spreadsheet that calculates it. I don't know if it takes into account the rumored price increase.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase