New Bronco has Hard Top Issues

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I think Sync 4 premiered with the Mach-E EV? Not sure if Sync 4 is available in the Expedition yet?

Have you actually had a chance to see the larger Sync 4 screens in the new Broncos? I am really surprised you feel your JL's 7" Uconnect4 is better than the Bronco's larger 12" Sync 4. It really is pretty slick. Currently no Wrangler has anything remotely close infotainment and camera wise.

I have no experience with any of the Ford Sync products. I would not know if lagging response is normal or not for their processors and software? I do have a lot of experience with the Wrangler's 8.4" Uconnect4. Uconnect4 does glitch up and have problems. Not just laging in response but actually locking up.

The newer Sync 4 and Uconnect5 are supposedly much faster and can be updated over the air. Both are basically computers and the latest offerings from Ford and Jeep. I think Uconnect5 is Android based? Hopefully reliability and functionality are better as the technology matures. I have my doubts though? :LOL:

At least Ford recalled the 700K bad head units. Jeep has not recalled anything radio and infotainment related yet. Jeep does replace head units for warranty though. I had a couple already. Jeep told me the 8.4" unit cost something like $2K a pop.

The infotainment was not even one of the LAST reasons why I decided on my Jeep, as it simply came with the package. But full disclosure, I'm more of a look outta the front window kinda guy as I drive. Who knows... Perhaps that IS actually what Ford thinks draws in the new Bronco owner from Jeep??? Their screen is bigger.

Straight axle vs. IFS and aftermarket support were more important to me. Etc, etc, etc.....
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Likewise the daily threads lashing out at the hate for the Bronco are getting increasingly cringeworthy. If the Jeep is so superior and the Bronco sucks then why not move along and talk about the Jeep and stop the daily Bronco bashing threads. It must be the jealousy or fear that Bronco has something the Jeep doesn't to garner so much attention on a Jeep JL forum.
You’re reading what you want to read. Linking an article is not bashing. Quite honestly this entire comment reads like you’re going off the deep end. Maybe take a break.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Oh boy another thread full of a bunch of jealous Bronco haters. Yeah the Wrangler JL had zero problems when it was launched and continued for years and still actually has them.
It will be at least 2 years before I hate a Bronco...that's how long it will take to get one.

DSW21

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
And more news. This is a Ford spec issue. The same company is contracted to build hardtops for the Wrangler.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41619...s-say-their-hardtops-are-coming-apart-already
That was something I had wondered about, and it was asked about on the 6G forum. Why couldn't Ford just use who Jeep uses? It must be the way Ford is wanted them built, like you alluded.

Judging by the growing number of threads in this forum, I'm glad I decided to cancel my Bronco reservation and go with Jeep... yikes

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/forums/issues-repairs-warranty-tsb-recalls.118/
I'm still hanging on to mine, but I'm moved to the bottom of the ordering Que. I still like the Bronco, but like my JL also, and am getting deeper into it money-wise. It would be hard to start over at this point, especially with all the issues arising with the Bronco. I hope it all gets worked out, for the sake of the others who hung in there.

Sponsored

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Oh boy another thread full of a bunch of jealous Bronco haters. Yeah the Wrangler JL had zero problems when it was launched and continued for years and still actually has them.
Exactly, just like those loose ball joint castle nuts on all the 2018s 😂

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager

JL owners v Bronco Owners. You decide who's who.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Your 2020 must have a different screen and back-up camera then what was in the 2019 JLs? I owned a '19JLR and the back-up camera and infotainment was very problematic. My JLR had 3 different head units for back-up camera and Uconnect related issues. I suggest you do a search for Uconnect4 and common back-up camera problems. Ford gives you a black screen when it malfunctions. You get a blue screen with the JL. How ironic is that? Ford should get the BLUE screen. :CWL:

How old were your last Fords and and what generation infotainment screens and systems? Was what you had the same as what is in the new Bronco? Did they have the same 12" Sync 4? I owned a '19JLR with the upgraded 8.4" Uconnect4 infotainment. I thought the larger screen in the Bronco was a LOT better than my Uconnect4 screen. And it should be considering the 12" Sync4 is brand new. The Jeep's Uconnect4 is obsolete and being replaced across the entire product line with Uconnect5 anytime now.
I've had absolutely zero issues with my Uconnect or backup camera in the year I've owned my JL. the backup camera has much better resolution than anything else I've used (BMW, GM, etc)

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I've had absolutely zero issues with my Uconnect or backup camera in the year I've owned my JL. the backup camera has much better resolution than anything else I've used (BMW, GM, etc)
I have talked with Jeep reps and techs about the Uconnect4. They know there are problems, they do not argue this.. They keep hoping updates will fix the problems.

Give it some time. My Uconnect issues did not show up until 1.5-2 years. My back-up camera was worthless at night without bright street lights on. There are a few threads on this forum about the back up camera and back-up lights. Maybe there has been a change in parts for back-up cameras?

Sponsored

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have talked with Jeep reps and techs about the Uconnect4. They know there are problems, they do not argue this.. They keep hoping updates will fix the problems.

Give it some time. My Uconnect issues did not show up until 1.5-2 years. My back-up camera was worthless at night without bright street lights on. There are a few threads on this forum about the back up camera and back-up lights. Maybe there has been a change in parts for back-up cameras?
Maybe with the earlier JLs but they seem to have got it right with the 2020+ in my experience and what I’ve heard from others.

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
We didn't write the article. And no one said that JLs had no problems. But on the other hand we have been hearing how Ford was going to beat the Wrangler with their quality and reliability and about how FCA sucks at everything. Well it turns out it isn't as easy to build a Jeep clone as it seems.
The only people saying that are the marketing team at Ford. No point in listening to any of that noise. Vehicles at similar price points will almost always have an equal set of trade offs that will attract some people and turn away others.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
MIC=Molded in Color. Unlike the Jeep Sheet Molded Compound (SMC) which is a white polyester/fiberglass composite that is either painted textured matte black or painted to match the body.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Since I posted the original post, I just want to say I'm not a Bronco Hater. What I think the Bronco will do is give Jeep some completion that they really haven't had much in the past. This should give the buying public some discounts and rebaits that they have not had very much of, plus both will try to out do each other and develop a better vehicle for the new buyer. I think you will see the day when completion becomes pretty completive, that is if we ever return to normal in the automotive business.
Bronco is giving Wrangler some competition alright...but for leaky tops! 😫
Sponsored