Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know, maybe I'm getting old but sometimes people need to be offended. If no one checks their bad decisions then they just go on making additional bad decisions. Take the angry grille for example. The early ones weren't terrible. They weren't good, but they weren't terrible either. Then somebody started making grilles with more pronounced angry looks, multiple alien eyes, and eventually you get to the grumper grille, which IS terrible. Don't even get me started on the Carolina Squat.
Point is, I'm not one to pile on, but I'm also not one to couch my opinion just because it may hurt someone's feelings. Most of the time I'll just shake my head and go on, but sometimes people need to know they are idiots.
Peace out.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I like the stock+ look as well. Not into huge wheels/tires or different grills or 12" lifts. I prefer keeping the Jeep looking somewhat close to as it was intended. I mild lift, slightly larger tires, some personal mods, to my eyes look best.

JuzaMe

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vmcrugbychairs.com
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ, 2005 Duramax, 2022 JLURD(ordered 1/17/22)
Occupation
Working on being a burden to my children.
Unfortunately, some folks were raised thinking EVERYTHING they did in life was great, so I feel it's my duty to 'Help' them find the truth. As I have stated before, "It's better to be thought an idiot, then to install an 'angry grill' on your Jeep and remove all doubt"

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely not my taste but to each their own. I will admit it causes a reaction
Yup. Vomiting is a reaction.

OP - was that too “negative”...?

😆

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue JULRD
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Don't even get me started on the Carolina Squat.
I haven't lived in NC for a very long time, but it has been long enough that I'm grumpy about that nickname. Worse because I saw versions of these on the highways while driving around...I could only shake my head and wonder if they could only afford half of a decent lift and would hopefully find the money to finish what they started.

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Unfortunately, some folks were raised thinking EVERYTHING they did in life was great, so I feel it's my duty to 'Help' them find the truth. As I have stated before, "It's better to be thought an idiot, then to install an 'angry grill' on your Jeep and remove all doubt"
This, I can agree with. It's similar to some countries that people live in. They think it's the greatest because they were always told it was fact. It's like living in a camper with a shed add-on for a bedroom, surrounded by mansions and you're disgusted by their 8 bathrooms of marble.

But, today, boys will be girls, and some girls have beards....... What gives? Thanks for the coffee.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
People spend their money how they see fit, but if they post pictures on a PUBLIC forum, be prepared for people to express their opinion on it which may not always align with that of the poster. No one should be offended by this, but it is 2022.....

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
People spend their money how they see fit, but if they post pictures on a PUBLIC forum, be prepared for people to express their opinion on it which may not always align with that of the poster. No one should be offended by this, but it is 2022.....
^^^ this!

If you build a monstrosity, be prepared to live with the consequences.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Maybe a "Safe Space" sub-forum can be created with automatic "looks amazing!", "great job!", "you did it!" replies whenever some posts a picture?

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
There is no shortage of things to be upset at in the world today.

Maybe, just maybe... people aren't that upset about how other people choose to modify their Jeeps. Maybe they are just upset at things in general and choose to channel those feelings onto an internet platform.

It's easy to be upset. Do the hard thing, the right thing. Be nice to everyone. Hold the door for people. Say thank you. Give a buck or two to the homeless vet you drive past. I promise it feels good.
They do it in real life too. We've had to call the cops on a few customers over the last 6 months. One guy had his wife go in and argue about the bill while he ran in the shop, took his spare key and tried to take his truck. All of this was over him not getting state inspection stickers as his truck was not going to pass but he still had to pay for the inspection (it's posted right in the office that you pay, pass or fail). Another gave us the wrong key (to her other car) but needed the car done by noon. Called and left a message at 8am and no response. She came in at noon and was overly upset and insulting.

I can see if people channel their anger in person, they probably turn it up to 11 on the information superhighway.

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
To each their own, unless it affects safety. (I'm looking at you Carolina Squatters).

I do concur about the angry eyes being absolutely atrocious, but if you like it, go for it. I'm just a stock+ guy. (And take offs are wonderful money savers)

Screenshot_20220514-104038_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220514-104732_Gallery.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.