Sleblanc63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlUR 2.0L
Occupation
RV driver, wife annoyer and grand kid spoiler.
Let’s not pretend German and GM brands don’t have their own first year glitches.
I love my Jeep !!! GM initial quality (and launch quality) is much better. Have owned 6 brand new GM's. 3 Silverado - gas, Cadillac SRX and two GMC's.. one gas and current new Diesel 2500 (L5P). I love my Jeep. It has all kinds of come and go quirks (particularly electrical) ... I love my Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gray Fox

Gray Fox

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon, 16 Mercedes Benz GLE 350 4Matic, 15 Honda Accord Sport, 12 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Crew
EZMFE

Not that is matters but it's not really a 58k vehicle. That is just the price the mfg sets it at so we all feel like it is. Same as the shoes we buy or the consumer electronics we buy. That is just what the mfg suggests it be sold for. You should of paid around 51k and also put some additional cash down to offset the 15% depreciation that it'll see when you drive it off the lot.

————————————————

I agree I didn’t pay $58k, I got it for less than $49, but when I buy a BMW or Benz that list for $75k, I don’t pay $75. My problem is that if I wanted a vehicle without all those bells (they don’t work anyway) I could have saved $25k. I could understand 1 quirk, but when will this end?

Growing up I always heard don’t buy Chrysler because of issues. I was also told that the changes the name of the truck to Ram vs. Dodge to help with that impression.

Tell me that when I get these fixed, that I will be happy going forward.

OP
OP
Gray Fox

Gray Fox

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon, 16 Mercedes Benz GLE 350 4Matic, 15 Honda Accord Sport, 12 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Crew
I would bring it to the dealer to have them check everything out.

Also, you can't really expect a first year model to be bug free. With any cars, the first year models will always have issues that appear sooner or later.

It’s not like these items are from “new from the ground up” items. Isn’t this the same audio system they install in their “higher end” vehicles?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not like these items are from “new from the ground up” items. Isn’t this the same audio system they install in their “higher end” vehicles?
There’s no new technology in it so yeah, the quality should be better. I have a closer relationship with my service department than I’d like but it is what it is. Take it in and get it fixed and hopefully that’s the end of it

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
That's "classic" trolling... :clap: Good job! :like:
I will try to find the video.
Don't even try to pretend that Jeeps are well screwed together, because they just aren't. I don't think there is anything wrong with the engineering designs, I just think the workers at the plant are crap at their jobs.
So far my JLUR is fine, but I only have 30KM on the clock.
My JKU has life threatening issues due to them literally not doing their jobs. The just "forgot" to tighten up bolts all over the car.
My brand new TJ also had a lot of niggles due to crap workmanship.
I don't care what the reason they have for neglecting to do a good job in what they do. People can literally die when they slack off.

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
There’s no new technology in it so yeah, the quality should be better. I have a closer relationship with my service department than I’d like but it is what it is. Take it in and get it fixed and hopefully that’s the end of it
I do not think there is anything wrong with the design because all this stuff works fine in other Jeeps. I think that the guys on the Wrangler line just do not pay attention to detail. Additionally, there is clearly no 4 eyes principle here. Even on critical things, they clearly just send it on down the line and no one ever has a second look.
For what they are charging, they can afford to have at least 2 guys on QC rather than just the 1 part time student.
And yes, I still buy Wranglers. Once you fix all the crap they did wrong, they are just as reliable as any other car.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Turn off your hill start assist for this, it makes your ESS restarts much smoother.
Ok... I've heard this several places. Just can't find out HOW to disable hill start assist. Searching the OM has not been fruitful. Looking online is no help either. Might have to go in and poke around... but this shouldn't be that hard to find.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Ok... I've heard this several places. Just can't find out HOW to disable hill start assist. Searching the OM has not been fruitful. Looking online is no help either. Might have to go in and poke around... but this shouldn't be that hard to find.
It will be under the settings menu on your UConnect. I'll post a few pics in a few minutes.

When you hit settings, go down one screen on the options and tap on "Safety/Driving Assistance"
IMG_1416.JPG

Then you uncheck the box for Hill Start Assist.

IMG_1417.JPG

Last edited:

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Honestly...if you are expecting it to be German automobile quality...then probably not. I can't say I can relate because I have almost 9,000 miles on mine and I've loved every minute of it. But if an issue with Apple CarPlay and the ESS has got you guys ready to jump off the the "Jeep Ledge", then you may not ever be truly "happy" with it. I shut off the ESS every time I get in mine (I despise that feature!), so if it stopped working, I'd be okay with that. lol.

I would just take advantage of the warranty, get the items fixed, and then maybe this summer when you are riding around with the top and doors off, it will make you forget about the MINOR things that your Jeep had initially. :like:

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
would just take advantage of the warranty, get the items fixed, and then maybe this summer when you are riding around with the top and doors off, it will make you forget about the MINOR things that your Jeep had initially.
What he said.
Look.. here is the thing.
There will be loads of people on this forum and other forums who are completely butthurt if you say anything negative about Jeep because they feel so insecure about themselves and lack even the most basic critical thinking skills. If you are one of those.. sorry, but you're a butthurt idiot.

You have every right to bitch about stuff not being correct with your Jeep.
After all, we are talking BMW 5 series money.
Literally no one on the planet would except the faults that Jeep has on a BMW. Literally not one single person on the planet.
At the end of the day though, nothing is going to make you feel the way a Jeep does if you have been bitten.
Sun out, freedom panels off, radio turned all the way up. Stuck in traffic? Who gives a sh$t? You're in your Jeep and life is perfect. Even in stop and go traffic, the feeling is different than anything else on the road.
So we put up with the shit workmanship and a-hole dealerships. We ignore the Jeep apologist snowflakes who are so insecure over their choice in autos.
We ignore the tree hugging feminazis who insist we must drive a prius.
Instead, we wind down our windows and we turn our music up and we give thanks that our lives are so fucking awesome that complaining about a 50K jeep is the limit of our hardships.

Sponsored

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
EZMFE

Not that is matters but it's not really a 58k vehicle. That is just the price the mfg sets it at so we all feel like it is. Same as the shoes we buy or the consumer electronics we buy. That is just what the mfg suggests it be sold for. You should of paid around 51k and also put some additional cash down to offset the 15% depreciation that it'll see when you drive it off the lot.

————————————————

I agree I didn’t pay $58k, I got it for less than $49, but when I buy a BMW or Benz that list for $75k, I don’t pay $75. My problem is that if I wanted a vehicle without all those bells (they don’t work anyway) I could have saved $25k. I could understand 1 quirk, but when will this end?

Growing up I always heard don’t buy Chrysler because of issues. I was also told that the changes the name of the truck to Ram vs. Dodge to help with that impression.

I agree, I don't understand why people keep say its not really a $XX vehicle, yes it is since thats what the Sticker on the window says like any other vehicle you buy. Now if you want to say that it is not worth the sticker price, then that is something totally different.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
It will be under the settings menu on your UConnect. I'll post a few pics in a few minutes.

When you hit settings, go down one screen on the options and tap on "Safety/Driving Assistance"
Boy do I feel stupid now. I musta looked through the settings a dozen times. And the owners manual keeps referring you back to the instrument cluster display section that is (of course) a dead-end.

Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
Gray Fox

Gray Fox

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, I don't understand why people keep say its not really a $XX vehicle, yes it is since thats what the Sticker on the window says like any other vehicle you buy. Now if you want to say that it is not worth the sticker price, then that is something totally different.
I have to agree with that. If the dealer was in a great mood that day and I was able to buy it for $1, is it a $1 Jeep or a $58k Jeep?

I don’t expect it to be a German luxury vehicle (even though Benz did own them for a while), but if I am going to pay near that price, I should expect things to be right. I am sure the dealer will repair. But just aggravating that I have to leave work and take my time to fix something that should have been correct from the start. I know they will not do anything else to make it worth my time.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not wanting to bash Jeep. I just wanted to throw my issues out and see if anyone had the same and how it was fixed. I also understand that if I bought a Tahoe I could have the same issues.

I know it is under warranty and I will get it repaired, but I am waiting on 5000 miles to have the oil changed while I am there. With the ESS issue, I may go sooner.

OP
OP
Gray Fox

Gray Fox

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boy do I feel stupid now. I musta looked through the settings a dozen times. And the owners manual keeps referring you back to the instrument cluster display section that is (of course) a dead-end.

Thanks for the help!
At least I helped one person with a Jeep thing issue

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I can’t believe German luxury vehicles somehow became the benchmark of quality. Perhaps our standards have collectively slipped.
Sponsored