Sponsored

Mounting ARB Air Compressor

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I had been looking at that one and decided to go ahead and order it, so I'll have to post an update once I get it all installed! Thanks.
I really wanted this one, unfortunately it will not work with the 3.6 engines that also have eTorque.
Sponsored

JeepAdmin

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Sahara
I ordered the American Adventure Labs Trunk/Floor mount. It's not cheap, but I hardly use that space and when I do, I forget what I put in there. They also make an "adapter" or "re-location" plate that is machined to fit right in the back left corner of the tub behind the roll bar. The air intake filters and the power switch connect to that for fresh air and remote power options.

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I had been looking at that one and decided to go ahead and order it, so I'll have to post an update once I get it all installed! Thanks.
I've been eyeballing this for a while now, following for updates

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Thanks for the info, but not a problem in my case
Yes but as a company that is designing a mount it would be a problem for most people and therefore you're doubtfully going to see someone producing these. Mounting a compressor is not hard, making up a mount is quite easy. The hard part is finding the spot. If you want to mount one under the seat make some brackets that could fit over the seat bolts and tighten down the seat bolts to hold it in place, then make up a mount to hold the aircompressor. Sheet metal (AL) to make this would cost very little and you can cut it with a jig saw, angle grinder, etc. Mark the holes for the compressor and drill those. Then you'd have your mount for 25%-50% of what someone would sell one for.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sports S Unlimited 4 door (3.6L 8 Speed)
Quick question, what is the benefit of a compressor (ARB or Viar) versus using a Power Tank. The Power Tank's seem to have more capabilities and air faster.

Thanks for the help
ARB doesn't need to refill air, power tanks does, so if you have power tank, make sure its full before you go on a trip or you will have no air to fill up your tire.

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
Hey Guys,

Has anyone seen the 813 Fabrication Under the Hood mount?

Looks very clean!

I was wondering if anyone has installed it on the JLs?

Cheers

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Hey Guys,

Has anyone seen the 813 Fabrication Under the Hood mount?

Looks very clean!

I was wondering if anyone has installed it on the JLs?

Cheers
I did a similar installation on my right hand drive JLR. I do not have the need for the ARB Twin, so I installed the ARB High Output. Perfect spot, nice and high, does not get too hot or dirty.

AE257C87-E318-42EF-B43B-E379BC8973DA.jpeg

Sponsored

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
I did a similar installation on my right hand drive JLR. I do not have the need for the ARB Twin, so I installed the ARB High Output. Perfect spot, nice and high, does not get too hot or dirty.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor AE257C87-E318-42EF-B43B-E379BC8973DA
Oh man! I got so excited with this then I noticed its a right side drive!!!

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I ordered the American Adventure Labs Trunk/Floor mount. It's not cheap, but I hardly use that space and when I do, I forget what I put in there. They also make an "adapter" or "re-location" plate that is machined to fit right in the back left corner of the tub behind the roll bar. The air intake filters and the power switch connect to that for fresh air and remote power options.
I have the AAL ARB compressor mount and remote kit. Keep in mind that unless you hack up the floor and rear cargo cover it will not fit properly. Notching the side panels to run the lines and wire is not a big deal but the top mounted air line is. It hits the factory carpeted cargo cover. Some might be fine with that but it was enough pressure that I was not comfortable putting anything heavy in the rear. I have the M.A.S.S platform on order now, which will fix this issue along with make the install much cleaner and easier.

brsasquatch

First Name
BR SSQTCH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSp - Sting Grey
Build Thread
Link
The more and more I read about this, I am getting more inclined of having it installed under the seat.

And when it is time for the Air Lockers to be installed, just have the stuff running from the drain plugs.

Anybody with AM air lockers running the compressor from under the seat?