Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I finally wired up my ARB twin, which is on the MORE cargo mount. I didn't want it out in the weather, and I didn't want it under the front passenger seat. Most of my off roading is during the winter, so didn't like the idea of having it sitting under a heated seat next to a hot air duct. I also didn't want to waste an aux switch, so I used the ARB one mounted on the top of the compressor mount. I wired it to the pink w/ orange stripe hot with ignition wire in the aux wiring bundle under the glove box. The cargo area is a great work table for setup and breakdown. Also, I got an 18" long Teflon stainless braided line for the output and a qd mount with dust cover, to get the hookup closer to the tailgate. Very happy with the setup. Well worth the time filling the swear jar. Lol

Also, I like to depressurize the compressor before disconnecting the air line.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 20201117_112108
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 20201117_112048
Sponsored

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
No. Just two outlets, a regulator, and a bleeder valve to make my own version of an air up/down system. The manifold feeds a fill chuck mounted under each of the front seats. I did however buy the manifold block with an extra outlet should I decide to aid an air tank or air lockers in the future. More pictures of my system in posts #374 and #392 if you're interested.
Thanks I will take a look.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 JLUXR
Could the compressor be flipped 180° on the 813 mount? I like it, and as you said, JKs have been using a similar location for years. Those intake extensions seem super long though. Those concern me more than the mount location. If the compressor was spun around, the extensions wouldn’t be necessary.
I'll look again but believe it puts the filters into the battery too much.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I have a small CRAFTSMAN Air Compressor 6 Gallon. It's the best choice for my small garage.
First off, I see this is your first post, welcome to the forum! Input is always appreciated, but if you'll take a quick look at the past 36 pages of this thread, you'll see it is about mounting on-board air (compressor permanently mounted to the vehicle). More specifically, mounting options for the ARB variety of on-board air compressors. Make sure you review the thread you're replying to in order to help keep the discussion on topic. ;)

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
I installed my dual ARB compressor on the MORE mount. It seems solid, keeps it inside and I can't imagine using that little pocket of space for anything else. It is a little hard to reach all the way up in the cargo area and then push sideways to attach the air quick connect so I decided to mount a remote quick connect. This got me thinking about any other "upgrades" I wanted to do. I asked myself what I didn't like about the setup.

Items I didn't like:
1. Reaching all the way up inside the cargo area and then pushing sideways to attach quick connect got old.
2. Air hose got extremely hot after a few minutes.
3. Compressor cycled on and off numerous times the instance you put a load on it and removed the load.
4. Got tired of opening rear door and flipping switch to turn it on.
5. Also got tired of realizing I need ignition on.
6. Every item I used on the compressor was always exposed to max pressure.
7. I didn't like all the water going into the tires.

Solutions:
1. Add an ARB remote quick connect and mount
2. Add a cooler.
3. Add a 5 gallon air tank.
4. Move ARB switch to rear next to remote mount.
5. Move the switch power over to straight from battery. I realized with my dual battery setup I could run compressor for 2 hours.
6. Add regulator.
7. Add cooler and separator (tank) with drain valve.

The real reason this project was so easy was because I have a cargo area rack. I bought the rack obviously for more storage space but the icing on the cake is the rack gives me a platform to mount stuff to. I don't mind the least bit drilling holes in the sheet metal and mounting anything. If I change my mind latter no big deal. I cut a piece of 1/4" rubber matting to put inside the tray so items don't move around, but also so I can cut out small portions of the mat around the bolt heads. This keeps everything flat. If a year from now I have numerous holes I am not using I'll just cut another mat. I also added a check valve on the inlet to the tank so if the compress or the cooler has a small leak, the tank will stay at pressure. I also added a relief valve, drain valve and pressure gauge to tank. The air cooler is a Derale unit. I modeled the setup and 80% of the water is removed and the air temp is only a couple degrees above ambient vs 200-300F. I also did an aluminum tank so I wouldn't have to worry about rust inside. If I don't drain it but once a year I'm fine. I also did a quick test and stuck my Fluke thermocouple inside the compressor discharge air stream and it was surprisingly 35F warmer than the surface temp of say a quick connect fitting. So I was getting 220F at 70F ambient so I thing 250F maximum for 100F is conservative. Just make sure whatever hoses you use are good to 250F. Rubber hose I used was good to 300F. Tailonz Pneumatic Air Line on Amazon is 248F max. The blue cheap very common air hose that I use to air my tires up (many of us use) is only good to 140F.

I know.....a little more info than the thread called for but I am addicted to helping........

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor PHOTO_20201201_185511[1]

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor PHOTO_20201201_185517[1]

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor PHOTO_20201201_185530[1]

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor PHOTO_20201201_185537[1]

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor PHOTO_20201201_185544[1]

PHOTO_20201201_185511[1].jpg

PHOTO_20201201_185517[1].jpg

PHOTO_20201201_185530[1].jpg

PHOTO_20201201_185537[1].jpg

PHOTO_20201201_185544[1].jpg

PHOTO_20190504_180548.jpg

Sponsored

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I finally wired up my ARB twin, which is on the MORE cargo mount. I didn't want it out in the weather, and I didn't want it under the front passenger seat. Most of my off roading is during the winter, so didn't like the idea of having it sitting under a heated seat next to a hot air duct. I also didn't want to waste an aux switch, so I used the ARB one mounted on the top of the compressor mount. I wired it to the pink w/ orange stripe hot with ignition wire in the aux wiring bundle under the glove box. The cargo area is a great work table for setup and breakdown. Also, I got an 18" long Teflon stainless braided line for the output and a qd mount with dust cover, to get the hookup closer to the tailgate. Very happy with the setup. Well worth the time filling the swear jar. Lol

Also, I like to depressurize the compressor before disconnecting the air line.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor PHOTO_20190504_180548
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor PHOTO_20190504_180548
This is definitely the way I want to go. It looks great to me. Like several the wiring scares me...how was that process? Where did you order the More Mount and other parts from? Much thanks.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is definitely the way I want to go. It looks great to me. Like several the wiring scares me...how was that process? Where did you order the More Mount and other parts from? Much thanks.
I ordered through Northridge 4x4. They are a forum sponsor and an awesome company to deal with. They have everything in a package deal:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...e-compressor-mount-tire-pump-and-arb-manifold

Use coupon code JLWRANGLERFORUM

I won't lie. The wiring was very tedious. The actual wiring up is easy, but the routing is what gobbles time. Well worth it in the end.

Does your Rubi have the aux switches from the tow package? If so, you can use one of the wires in the bundle under the glove box. I used the power with ignition on wire. #5 in this pic:
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 12v source wires

Oh yeah, youll need a main harness extension to reach the batteries. I got a 9ft one, but should've gotten the 11ft one.

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I ordered through Northridge 4x4. They are a forum sponsor and an awesome company to deal with. They have everything in a package deal:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...e-compressor-mount-tire-pump-and-arb-manifold

Use coupon code JLWRANGLERFORUM

I won't lie. The wiring was very tedious. The actual wiring up is easy, but the routing is what gobbles time. Well worth it in the end.

Does your Rubi have the aux switches from the tow package? If so, you can use one of the wires in the bundle under the glove box. I used the power with ignition on wire. #5 in this pic:
12v source wires.jpeg

Oh yeah, youll need a main harness extension to reach the batteries. I got a 9ft one, but should've gotten the 11ft one.
I’m lining up what to purchase for mounting in the cargo area. Are folks getting the ARB kit with air house accessories or just the compressor? Wondering if there are better options for that or if I’m missing any other misc parts.

This kit is the compressor, MORE Mount, and tire pump package.

Much thanks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 6C2FF8B5-37B7-46FC-97E5-8E64C624352D

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m lining up what to purchase for mounting in the cargo area. Are folks getting the ARB kit with air house accessories or just the compressor? Wondering if there are better options for that or if I’m missing any other misc parts.

This kit is the compressor, MORE Mount, and tire pump package.

Much thanks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 6C2FF8B5-37B7-46FC-97E5-8E64C624352D
That's the compressor package that I got. You won't need the manifold, unless you plan on installing air lockers in your axles.

I also got this .5 meter (18 inch) hose to jump from the compressor output to the remote hose coupler.
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ories/0740202-arb-hose-reinforced-jic-04-0-5m

Find a spot that you want to attach the remote bracket and measure the distance, to find out what length you need.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor 20201117_112108

Sponsored

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Order placed! I will be back when it's wiring time. Much thanks.

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Order placed! I will be back when it's wiring time. Much thanks.
I am interested in all this too, between this or under the front seat. Keep us posted on your project and send details and pics when you get it completed.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
That's the compressor package that I got. You won't need the manifold, unless you plan on installing air lockers in your axles.

I also got this .5 meter (18 inch) hose to jump from the compressor output to the remote hose coupler.
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ories/0740202-arb-hose-reinforced-jic-04-0-5m

Find a spot that you want to attach the remote bracket and measure the distance, to find out what length you need.
The manifold isn't just for Air Lockers, it also gives you a cooling point for the hot air coming out of the compressor.

Your 18" hose to remote coupler does help too.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The manifold isn't just for Air Lockers, it also gives you a cooling point for the hot air coming out of the compressor.

Your 18" hose to remote coupler does help too.
Its funny how I forgot to mention the other benefit of the manifold, seeing as I got it in the bundle for cooling purposes. Thanks for pointing that out, Tim!

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
No worries Mike!

ARB doesn't require a manifold, but they do recommend them just for that purpose.
Sponsored