Sponsored

Mounting ARB Air Compressor

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
It worked fine on my JK with 35”s, but I’d always open the hood to access the air chuck and it was on top with good airflow. It never once overheated on me. It’s just too tucked in on the JL. And I have 37”s and beadlocks now, so I air down further and am placing more demand on compressor.
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Also the sound, come on. The compressor is not that loud and takes like 5 minutes to fill up all 4.
5 Minutes? My smittybilt takes 5 minutes per tire to air up 37's, and I have the bigger one. Is the ARB single that much faster? And quieter? I can't have a conversation with the smittybilt running. I just assumed it would be way louder inside the closed jeep.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
5 Minutes? My smittybilt takes 5 minutes per tire to air up 37's, and I have the bigger one. Is the ARB single that much faster? And quieter? I can't have a conversation with the smittybilt running. I just assumed it would be way louder inside the closed jeep.
Five minutes or so per tire sounds about right. I've got the portable Arb dual compressor system and it works awesome, just not 5 minutes for 4 tires awesome. I don't even think my CO2 bottle could fill all 4 in 5 min.

ZUKi-vxfDHzdfYcwlfMPvdiZ5aS&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Five minutes or so per tire sounds about right. I've got the portable Arb dual compressor system and it works awesome, just not 5 minutes for 4 tires awesome. I don't even think my CO2 bottle could fill all 4 in 5 min.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor ZUKi-vxfDHzdfYcwlfMPvdiZ5aS&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2
Ok. that makes me feel better. I thought I was doing it wrong. haha. I want to say it takes me 20-30 minutes beginning to end using my smitty portable.

MT1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
I have the Viair 440. Takes me 3 1/2 minutes per tire to air up from 15 to 28.
Really considering getting a 10 gallon Power Tank (eventually).

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I have the Viair 440. Takes me 3 1/2 minutes per tire to air up from 15 to 28.
Really considering getting a 10 gallon Power Tank (eventually).

If you're thinking of making the jump to CO2, before you buy, make sure you have a local source for being able to refill it. As I learned last summer there are MANY places that will swap your tank for you, just not as many who have the capabilities to refill onsite. Thankfully I've got a semi-local fire safety outfit that can test and refill onsite that I've been using for the better part of 10 year, however I was in a last minute pinch before a trip and they couldn't get it turned around quickly enough so it had to wait.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
On my JK I had an under hood mount for the single compressor that placed it directly over the drivers side exhaust manifolds. After a day of wheeling I'd get maybe 5min of use out of it before it would go into thermal and shut down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mounting ARB Air Compressor ZUKi-vxfDHzdfYcwlfMPvdiZ5aS&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2
hmm I had my ARB installed on the ABS tray of the TJ I had and never ever had an issue. It wasnt above the exhaust but it was on the exhaust side. I could have swore I read ARB's were OK in heat.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I have a dual. Yes the ARB is not that loud. Easy to have a conversation when it is running. The seat muffles the sound even more. It may be 6 minutes but I have the Innovation JK Innovation contraption and just did it yesterday in the garage. 18 up to 36 psi all four at the same time.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm I had my ARB installed on the ABS tray of the TJ I had and never ever had an issue. It wasnt above the exhaust but it was on the exhaust side. I could have swore I read ARB's were OK in heat.
I had mine in the engine bay, driver side with the KansasJL homemade mount. I would wheel in Socal in 100 degree weather and put the Jeep through its paces. It had to be 200 degrees in there. It never failed. Now I am not saying that is good for the longevity and like I mentioned before I did move it under the pass seat but did that because now I have snow and salt from the roads to deal with and I am sure that is not good for it. I have been completely happy with the dual ARB. Bullet proof.

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a dual. Yes the ARB is not that loud. Easy to have a conversation when it is running. The seat muffles the sound even more. It may be 6 minutes but I have the Innovation JK Innovation contraption and just did it yesterday in the garage. 18 up to 36 psi all four at the same time.
Awesome! Good to know. Kind of off topic, but with that JK Innovation setup, can you still use other air tools or say you wanted to air up a single tire? or another cars tire? Or do you have to have both sides plugged in with their hose? I'm not sure I air up and down enough to justify the cost but I think the idea is cool.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! Good to know. Kind of off topic, but with that JK Innovation setup, can you still use other air tools or say you wanted to air up a single tire? or another cars tire? Or do you have to have both sides plugged in with their hose? I'm not sure I air up and down enough to justify the cost but I think the idea is cool.
They supply you with a plug to plug up one side so yes you can do one side or someone elses tires.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Ok. that makes me feel better. I thought I was doing it wrong. haha. I want to say it takes me 20-30 minutes beginning to end using my smitty portable.
I have one single ARB and one other brand whose name escapes me at the moment. It's a very popular brand but the ARB kills it in speed. Regardless, with the two stand alone units from the time I unpack them, connect them, air up then pack them back up is about 10 minutes.

12 psi to 25 psi. bead locked 35s. Thinking with 37s going from 14psi to 35 will be considerably longer.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have one single ARB and one other brand whose name escapes me at the moment. It's a very popular brand but the ARB kills it in speed. Regardless, with the two stand alone units from the time I unpack them, connect them, air up then pack them back up is about 10 minutes.

12 psi to 25 psi. bead locked 35s. Thinking with 37s going from 14psi to 35 will be considerably longer.
I'm new to portable air and onboard air... might need to do some research. When you get to 37" and above, should I start considering a dual ARB? Maybe the single is too much for 37s. hmmm. This was just the first mounting location that seemed simple and easy to access and looks clean. The pony tail guy claims he only runs single ARBs.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I'm new to portable air and onboard air... might need to do some research. When you get to 37" and above, should I start considering a dual ARB? Maybe the single is too much for 37s. hmmm. This was just the first mounting location that seemed simple and easy to access and looks clean. The pony tail guy claims he only runs single ARBs.
Just got off the phone with Brit at American adventure. He has 37s and with duel arb's it takes him 20 minute to go from 12psi to 37psi, so having one single will likely double or more the time it takes.

Here's how it goes in real life. At first you (me) didnt want to spend the money on multiple compressors or duel arb's. Ya figure you just wait longer, whats the big deal. This lasts for a while then you go more or bigger compressor. The reason is once your done wheeling many times your just tired and want to be on your way home., the quicker the better Of course there are other times where you just drink a beer and hope it takes a long time so you can have another. :)
Sponsored