Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
That’s great, I would get you some rk spring isolators if you don’t get anything else, at least you won’t have to worry about springs bowing.
for all four springs or just the front?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It still boggles my mind why anyone would buy anything that doesn't work properly without buying more things from other manufacturers.
Yeah, but he’s made his decision, all I/we can do is help out where we can. Jeep brotherhood....:rock:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
for all four springs or just the front?
Just the front, they’re like 30.00 bucks most places. If you order through northridge use sharktank coupon code, save you some coin....:)

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, but he’s made his decision, all I/we can do is help out where we can. Jeep brotherhood....:rock:
Appreciate it. Plus not everyone is saying the Mopar lift is trash. Some people, including this forum, appear to be fairly satisfied. I mean some people say RC is a little too stiff. For what I’m going to use my Jeep for, I don’t think I need to go all out.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate it. Plus not everyone is saying the Mopar lift is trash. Some people, including this forum, appear to be fairly satisfied. I mean some people say RC is a little too stiff. For what I’m going to use my Jeep for, I don’t think I need to go all out.
Just make sure you pay attention to how much height you get, that will determine if you’ll need the extra parts. Good luck with your build....:like:

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It's not that it's trash. It's that there are much better more complete options for the same money. Most people will say that what they own is great without having experience with any other options. I'm more of a call it like I see it kind of guy. For instance, the Ace rock sliders I have look like they were welded by a 3rd grader and I haven't hesitated to say so. They won't get any more of my money.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
It's not that it's trash. It's that there are much better more complete options for the same money. Most people will say that what they own is great without having experience with any other options. I'm more of a call it like I see it kind of guy. For instance, the Ace rock sliders I have look like they were welded by a 3rd grader and I haven't hesitated to say so. They won't get any more of my money.
Give me a few. You might convince me.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Give me a few. You might convince me.
Metalcloak and Rock Krawler are the brands I recommend. Both have amazing on-road characteristics and will blow that mopar lift away off-road. They come with everything you need to get your axles centered and adjust your caster, which is the most important thing for on-road handling. Rock Krawler has a lifetime warranty on all their hard parts.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Metalcloak and Rock Krawler are the brands I recommend. Both have amazing on-road characteristics and will blow that mopar lift away off-road. They come with everything you need to get your axles centered and adjust your caster, which is the most important thing for on-road handling. Rock Krawler has a lifetime warranty on all their hard parts.
So which model/kit would you recommend if I was to go with RC? I’ve been looking at the kits but those with shocks usually go over $2k. Unless I’m missing something here.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So which model/kit would you recommend if I was to go with RC? I’ve been looking at the kits but those with shocks usually go over $2k. Unless I’m missing something here.
First of all when you say RC, people think you're referring to Rough Country (eww). I only have experience with the 3.5" x-factor from RK with their 2.25 RRD shocks. Yes that makes it about $3k, but the shocks are almost $1000. Looks like the adventure series has everything you need if you're not going to do any serious off-roading and you can do their TT shocks or buy another brand of shocks for quite a bit cheaper. RK can be bought at Northridge at a discount. Use code MISSYOU to get even more off. The only thing you may want to add to that kit is some swaybar disconnects if you want more travel.

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
First of all when you say RC, people think you're referring to Rough Country (eww). I only have experience with the 3.5" x-factor from RK with their 2.25 RRD shocks. Yes that makes it about $3k, but the shocks are almost $1000. Looks like the adventure series has everything you need if you're not going to do any serious off-roading and you can do their TT shocks or buy another brand of shocks for quite a bit cheaper. RK can be bought at Northridge at a discount. Use code MISSYOU to get even more off. The only thing you may want to add to that kit is some swaybar disconnects if you want more travel.
Excuse my ignorance on saying RC (I agree, ewww). But see that’s $3k plus. The Mopar lift on Amazon is $1200. I would only want something under 2.5” but going to check that adventure series one out. That’s where I get confused because you mention it comes more complete but I have to buy shocks separately.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Excuse my ignorance on saying RC (I agree, ewww). But see that’s $3k plus. The Mopar lift on Amazon is $1200. I would only want something under 2.5” but going to check that adventure series one out. That’s where I get confused because you mention it comes more complete but I have to buy shocks separately.
I think what @word302 is saying is the other kits included everything you need to have correct geometry when lifted, it’s not uncommon for kits to not include shocks.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The adventure series with discount on Northridge is $880. Fox 2.0 shocks are $468. There are cheaper shocks available that perform great as well. That puts you all in at under $1350. You need to add LCAs, spring pads, front track bar, and rear track bar bracket minimum to get the Mopar kit to drive properly on-road. To max that adventure kit out you might want to add swaybar disconnects which will add another $175, but that's something I'd add to any kit if not included.

Reactions: apb

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
The adventure series with discount on Northridge is $880. Fox 2.0 shocks are $468. There are cheaper shocks available that perform great as well. That puts you all in at under $1350. You need to add LCAs, spring pads, front track bar, and rear track bar bracket minimum to get the Mopar kit to drive properly on-road. To max that adventure kit out you might want to add swaybar disconnects which will add another $175, but that's something I'd add to any kit if not included.
I appreciate it Word302. Might consider this as well.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
This is the one you’re referring to right?
https://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/cart
Sponsored