Sponsored

Mopar Lift Kit vs....

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Honestly, save your sanity and just spend the $200 for a set of adjustable front lowers. You can get caster pretty well with a digital angle finder doing it yourself
Your probably right, just trying to save $, I’ll see what dealership says next week and hope they will do the right thing. Thanks to all on this site, you guys are incredible.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Rrr

This is the number on mine, different than yours
42107BDD-01FC-4D52-82B6-8D81B399FD52.jpeg
Definitely not the Mopar Lift LCAs :facepalm:
If they are paying then have them install the ones that go with your lift. unbelievable...

I suggest just go the route Rob mentions above and get some adjustable LCAs now and be done with it.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Your probably right, just trying to save $, I’ll see what dealership says next week and hope they will do the right thing. Thanks to all on this site, you guys are incredible.
I hear you. I’m just a massive pessimist with dealerships. They’re worse than ever before here in Illinois.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey John, if you can’t get anywhere with your dealership and need a hand, just holler at me. We can get you dialed in in a couple hours.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest you will see more like 3.5" lift on a Sport. Even Rubicon folks are seeing more than 2" of lift. If you install Mopar lift LCAs you will still be under recommended caster, so get a decent set of adjustable LCAs.
do you think driveshaft needs to be replaced too with the mopar lift kit on my sport JLU

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
do you think driveshaft needs to be replaced too with the mopar lift kit on my sport JLU
Depends on use but I believe you will be fine with stock.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
As long as you use the shocks that comes with the kit, you’ll be ok . It’s not the lift height, it’s the extended length of the shocks that determines if you need aftermarket driveshaft.

JeepBear

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
As long as you use the shocks that comes with the kit, you’ll be ok . It’s not the lift height, it’s the extended length of the shocks that determines if you need aftermarket driveshaft.
I’ve heard with 2 dr wranglers, if you have enough lift the rear drive shaft will be in a constant state of pinch because it’s so short and it’s a good idea to replace it. Not sure if the mopar 2” gives enough lift to cause this, can anyone confirm or refute that?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve heard with 2 dr wranglers, if you have enough lift the rear drive shaft will be in a constant state of pinch because it’s so short and it’s a good idea to replace it. Not sure if the mopar 2” gives enough lift to cause this, can anyone confirm or refute that?
I’ve only installed a couple Mopar’s on 2 doors, they both netted just under 3” . There are some on here that got closer to the advertised lift height on there 2 drs. IMO, 3” is max you should go on 2dr without addressing the driveshafts. Maybe check with @OnlyOne , he’s rockin the Mopar and 37s on his 2 dr.
Sponsored