Mopar Lift Kit vs....

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Hi John,
It’s the amount of lift you got, is the reason for your low caster. Looking at your avatar pic it looks like you got more like 4 inches. Can you measure your front axle like this.....

FDBC41C0-52F3-421C-8F87-1084124B05F8.jpeg
6CE4A074-6B7C-45EB-8BDE-A6A6CD872D4B.jpeg

I’m curious how far your axle is off center. The sport in these pics was off 1 inch after Mopar lift install. What part of Florida? I’m in Citrus Co.
Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just measured and have what you do, 5.5 drivers side, 4.5 passenger side. Is this a concern? I’m in western Volusia County, hi neighbor...

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Just measured and have what you do, 5.5 drivers side, 4.5 passenger side. Is this a concern? I’m in western Volusia County, hi neighbor...
Hey bud. Check part number on your arms. They are stamped on the inside of each arm. This is part number for Mopar Lift arms. This will verify if they installed or not.
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Lift Kit vs.... 4ED25CD0-4A9B-437C-A314-4B93109E205C

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not gonna hurt anything short term, , but over time it will cause premature wear on control arm bushings. IMHO, you should get an adjustable front track bar, adjustable rear track bar, or you can use a relocation bracket with the factory track bar in the rear. Also I’d get some adjustable lcas because with the amount of lift you got , the Mopar lift lcas aren’t long enough to get your caster right.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey bud. Check part number on your arms. They are stamped on the inside of each arm. This is part number for Mopar Lift arms. This will verify if they installed or not.
4ED25CD0-4A9B-437C-A314-4B93109E205C.jpeg
Thanks!!!
I was on a Mopar lift for several months, the on road ride is great. It off roads good too but doesn’t quite have as much shock travel that the rk, mc, etc.. lifts have. The shocks only extend 26-1/2 inches. It was for this reason mainly that I’m now on rk X factor 3.5” lift.

A couple of things to keep in mind if you go with the Mopar. Pay attention to how much lift you get, I got 3.5”, if this happens you’ll need to purchase additional parts to make it ride sweet. Adjustable front/rear track bars, and adjustable front lower control arms. For centering your axles and adjusting your caster. My friends sport s axles were shifted almost an inch.

I would also recommend purchasing rk spring isolators, even though the newer kits claim to have better isolators, they still look the same to me just darker color.

So I’d say it depends on what you’re gonna be doing with your rig. If mostly on road with light wheeling, Mopar plus extra parts does ride pretty sweet. If you’re gonna be wheeling more often and more extremely than I’d suggest the rock krawler or metal cloak lifts.
Roky, do you know if a caster/camber bolt kit can fix the caster issue I’m facing? This is what the dealership suggested over the phone might fix my issue. I need all the info I can get before I confront them to solve my issue On their dime. The only off roading I do down here in Florida is beach riding and trails. Not sure what the bolt kit is.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!!!

Roky, do you know if a caster/camber bolt kit can fix the caster issue I’m facing? This is what the dealership suggested over the phone might fix my issue. I need all the info I can get before I confront them to solve my issue On their dime. The only off roading I do down here in Florida is beach riding and trails. Not sure what the bolt kit is.
I’m guessing they’re talking about geometry correction brackets. There is no adjustment for camber on the JLs. The brackets will work, I’m not sure what your caster will end up because we don’t know how much lift you got. In other words, if you put the brackets on and your caster only goes up to 5 then that’s what your stuck with. That’s why for me I prefer to use adj. control arms so you can dial in the exact amount of caster that you want/ need.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!!!

I’ll try to explain what happens and maybe it’ll help when you talk to the dealer.
When you lift your Jeep the axle gets pulled back and pulled to the drivers side because the control arms and track bar are fixed length. And since one end is connected to the frame and the other end is connected to axle when the frame goes up the axle is pulled back and sideways. The brackets lower the frame end of the control arms which in turn pushes the axle back to where it was before lifting. The adjustable track bar lets you lengthen it to center your axles.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m guessing they’re talking about geometry correction brackets. There is no adjustment for camber on the JLs. The brackets will work, I’m not sure what your caster will end up because we don’t know how much lift you got. In other words, if you put the brackets on and your caster only goes up to 5 then that’s what your stuck with. That’s why for me I prefer to use adj. control arms so you can dial in the exact amount of caster that you want/ need.
@Wrangler Proud
If they are referencing these - RUN AWAY. https://www.cjponyparts.com/fabtech...am-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-2018-2020/p/FTS50622/

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
For what its worth... I have a mopar 2" lift on a '19 rubicon and have a decent amount of experience with the kit and alignment specs related to it. The LCA that come with the kit are 1/4" longer like many have said. They are shaped the same (box frame) but they are noticeably heavier than a stock on if you have them side by side. So, apparently thicker material.

With the longer LCA installed, you can get the caster on a rubicon to 5.3 degrees by loosening both the upper and lower control arm bolts and getting the vehicle to settle before tightening down. From what I have been able to research and from personal experience, caster above 5 degrees is "acceptable" and any more just improves driver experience by making the wheel feel heavier and the return to center faster. Honstly, from 5.3 degrees to 6.2 degrees, I didn't notice much difference.
Also, I have a rubicon with the lift installed for over a year. I measure exactly 2" lift over a stock rubicon. The springs were a little taller when new. Also, before installing the mopar steel front bumper and winch, they measured a little taller. I believe the 2" spec is based on a fully loaded and set up rubicon and has shown accurate with mine.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For what its worth... I have a mopar 2" lift on a '19 rubicon and have a decent amount of experience with the kit and alignment specs related to it. The LCA that come with the kit are 1/4" longer like many have said. They are shaped the same (box frame) but they are noticeably heavier than a stock on if you have them side by side. So, apparently thicker material.

With the longer LCA installed, you can get the caster on a rubicon to 5.3 degrees by loosening both the upper and lower control arm bolts and getting the vehicle to settle before tightening down. From what I have been able to research and from personal experience, caster above 5 degrees is "acceptable" and any more just improves driver experience by making the wheel feel heavier and the return to center faster. Honstly, from 5.3 degrees to 6.2 degrees, I didn't notice much difference.
Also, I have a rubicon with the lift installed for over a year. I measure exactly 2" lift over a stock rubicon. The springs were a little taller when new. Also, before installing the mopar steel front bumper and winch, they measured a little taller. I believe the 2" spec is based on a fully loaded and set up rubicon and has shown accurate with mine.
Thanks for the info, that helps!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Roky, those are the bolt kits they are talking about. Anything I should say to persuade them from not using them. I’m sure they are less costly for the dealership and that will be their go to.
sorry not Roky but some feedback I read is they will impact the mounting locations if you decide to swap to adj LCAs later. Did you verify you have the Mopar Lift LCAs already? they should get you in the 5+ range as Mike mentions above. If not installed, have them install those first. they are only like $60 for the pair.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!!!

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rrr
Thanks!!!

Thanks!!!

This is the number on mine, different than yours
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Lift Kit vs.... 42107BDD-01FC-4D52-82B6-8D81B399FD52

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, save your sanity and just spend the $200 for a set of adjustable front lowers. You can get caster pretty well with a digital angle finder doing it yourself
Sponsored