MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

TexaClone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Any secret to getting the connectors to snap in? I can't seem to get the orange and blue wires to snap into the BCM harness connector.
This side faces out, correct?[GALLERY=]
upload_2019-8-11_15-7-3.png
MDAwMDAvYXR0YWNobWVudC5vdXRsb29rLmxpdmUubmV0QDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSJ9.jpg
[/GALLERY]
Sponsored

Last edited:

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
Ok so I have read through a bunch of the LED headlight threads including this one twice. I am seeing that the sales code to make the LED headlights work can be added to Sahara and Rubicons but can it be added to a Sport S or will I need to buy a Tazer?

Maupar

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I'm having trouble with the bcm connectors as well. I got the orange wire to snap in but the blue one wont.

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Ok so I have read through a bunch of the LED headlight threads including this one twice. I am seeing that the sales code to make the LED headlights work can be added to Sahara and Rubicons but can it be added to a Sport S or will I need to buy a Tazer?
Not sure but as of last night I don't see why a tazer wouldn't work. The sales code just keeps the low beams on when the high beams come on. The tazer is only $300ish.. just get it lol. If you get the dealership to do their thing for the headlights that's $125 or so and an afternoon at the dealership. You decide later you also want led fogs or fenders.. another $125 and another afternoon. My time isn't free.

Any secret to getting the connectors to snap in? I can't seem to get the orange and blue wires to snap into the BCM harness connector.
This side faces out, correct?[GALLERY=]
upload_2019-8-11_15-7-3.png
MDAwMDAvYXR0YWNobWVudC5vdXRsb29rLmxpdmUubmV0QDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSJ9.jpg
[/GALLERY]
its 5am so forgive me I'm not near the jeep but from the pic it looks like you could just bend the tab out a little more

JLWranglerJL

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
I've been looking for the terminals for both the headlamp connector and BCM side. Could you send me the links to where you received them? Thank you.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Molex-MX15...488771&hash=item591a3d8df0:g:pbUAAOSwk75dMjff

https://www.qcomponents.com/32124734020000

http://www.ralphselectronics.com/ProductDetails.aspx?itemnumber=KOS-32124734020000L&source=digipart

The website that I purchased the pins for the BCM connector doesn't stock them anymore.

Sponsored

TexaClone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
I'm having trouble with the bcm connectors as well. I got the orange wire to snap in but the blue one wont.
I finally gave up and its at the dealer because I was getting a Remote Start put in today. I was hoping to just have them have to put LPX into DealerConnect on my VIN, but now I'll see if they can get the two pins to snap in - I would imagine that it happens a lot - probably just need to bend it the right way. Crossed fingers - I talked to the service manager and explained where I got - sounded like it wasn't uncommon. Once I get this done, I am hopeful to never have to deal with the BCM again!

LED Parking lamps, Fogs and Tail Lights also coming and then I just got shipping confirmation on my Tazer - so, next time I take it in for service, the service manager also said he'd be happy to add the LED sales codes for me - so it will work for now with the Tazer mod and then when they re-flash it will have the Sales Codes for LED already in the system attached to my VIN.

PS - I did get the headlamps working with low beams and they look FANTASTIC - just no HALOs until the BCM connectors get put it. I hope it will look awesome with everything working this afternoon.

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
Had everything updated at the dealer today. Halo's working correctly, LED Fogs working and I had asked them to look into the DRL/Turn signal issue where my turn signal would go out. They said they programed that too. Haven't got the error or noticed the turn signal going out since I left. Time will tell on that. Not sure if the high beam issue was fixed too, but I'm assuming it's fine. Will have to wait until dark to try that out.

TexaClone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Got the Wrangler back - the halos are not coming on - but the wires are in the BCM - haven't pulled it out to look yet - hopefully they just didn't get the Sales Code in there - I have a Tazer JL Mini on the way, so I'll just try using that to enable them and see if that works - then I can eventually deal with the sales code.

I added the rear LEDs today, too- wish everything was that easy - 5 minutes each to change them out and everything works.

I do like the increase brightness, though - much better!

Thanks for all the help! It saved me quite a bit by just having them put in the two BCM wires instead of the whole thing.

Maupar

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I'm getting a high pitch noise/whine after installing the headlights. Anybody have any idea whAt it is?

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I'm getting a high pitch noise/whine after installing the headlights. Anybody have any idea whAt it is?
Probably other drivers complaining about how bright they are

Sponsored

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Got the Wrangler back - the halos are not coming on - but the wires are in the BCM - haven't pulled it out to look yet - hopefully they just didn't get the Sales Code in there - I have a Tazer JL Mini on the way, so I'll just try using that to enable them and see if that works - then I can eventually deal with the sales code.

I added the rear LEDs today, too- wish everything was that easy - 5 minutes each to change them out and everything works.

I do like the increase brightness, though - much better!

Thanks for all the help! It saved me quite a bit by just having them put in the two BCM wires instead of the whole thing.
99% sure the tazer just adds the sales code...

TexaClone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
99% sure the tazer just adds the sales code...
I agree, that’s what it sounds like, tazer just modifies the sales code basically.

** Interesting side note, it sounded like in another thread, Z Automotive is looking at a setting where you can set Uconnect to enable the DRL setting in the normal UI. This would potentially make normal DRL work on a Sport...

What I really mean is that I’ll be able to add the sales code to the system at home. Then when it goes in for something at service, I’ll just have them add it to the VIN in Dealer Connect.

One reason I don’t think they got the sales code right today is because the lights have the hi/low beam problem where the low beam is good, both left and right stay on, but when high beam is selected, it shuts off the low beam on both left and right headlamps - that’s not the expected behavior, right?

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I agree, that’s what it sounds like, tazer just modifies the sales code basically.

** Interesting side note, it sounded like in another thread, Z Automotive is looking at a setting where you can set Uconnect to enable the DRL setting in the normal UI. This would potentially make normal DRL work on a Sport...

What I really mean is that I’ll be able to add the sales code to the system at home. Then when it goes in for something at service, I’ll just have them add it to the VIN in Dealer Connect.

One reason I don’t think they got the sales code right today is because the lights have the hi/low beam problem where the low beam is good, both left and right stay on, but when high beam is selected, it shuts off the low beam on both left and right headlamps - that’s not the expected behavior, right?
No. They fucked up.

Before I touched the tazer settings after the LEDs mine acted like that. Two seconds later I turned on LEDs in the tazer and they did not cut the lows anymore.

TexaClone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
No. They fucked up.

Before I touched the tazer settings after the LEDs mine acted like that. Two seconds later I turned on LEDs in the tazer and they did not cut the lows anymore.
Exactly what I thought... should have the Tazer tomorrow and will see if that does it..

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
Got a chance to test it out at night. I still can’t believe what a huge improvement these headlights are. Best money I have spent on my Jeep so far.
Sponsored