Sponsored

MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Yeah, that’s exactly how mine is hooked up... so I’m guessing I need to go get the BCM flashed at the dealership, and that turning on the HALO feature with my TAZER isn’t enough...

Do you agree @Alasek and @gsilly ?
Tazer works. I did the install myself hooked to pins 5 & 7 and it has worked ever since (2+ years now). I did have to toggle the halo option on/off a couple times with Tazer before it finally turned on...
Sponsored

Brendon

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Willys 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD
Vehicle Showcase
Tazer works. I did the install myself hooked to pins 5 & 7 and it has worked ever since (2+ years now). I did have to toggle the halo option on/off a couple times with Tazer before it finally turned on...
Was your JL a 2021? I was told the problem with flashing started with the 2021 model year - like mine. I was also told a Tazer would not resolve the issue but I don't know becasue I never tried.

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Was your JL a 2021? I was told the problem with flashing started with the 2021 model year - like mine. I was also told a Tazer would not resolve the issue but I don't know becasue I never tried.
Oh. I see. Nope mines a 2018… sorry for the confusion!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Can you explain pin 5&7 a little more? Did you run your own wire for Halos to a fuse splitter? Thanks

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
Can you explain pin 5&7 a little more? Did you run your own wire for Halos to a fuse splitter? Thanks
No run one wire per light from headlight harness to bcm

Sponsored

Parker1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 2018 JLUS

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Hello everyone.
Have a JL 2018 SPORT S.
Looking to install MOPAR LEDs:
https://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar+Access...fa9T6v0CqSKQ9BnezWS7_ZU9wIMZKyvYaAmVVEALw_wcB

After reading majority of this thread I think I am opting to just get them dealer installed.

For those who have done this, what did they charge you?
Is it better to purchase the part and bring it?
Here, save a little bit :) Jeep Wrangler JL and Gladiator LED Headlight Kit Set of Two OEM 82215136AE Mopar | BAM Wholesale Parts, Id imagine they would charge you for an hour labor as these only take about 10 minutes to install and flash.

Parker1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 2018 JLUS

Sponsored

JL_SargeGreen

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I'm guessing this worked on the JL as well? When I look at the Jscan app on the app store, it only shows JK as an option.

King Mopar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hellcat, 2022 392XR, 2020 JLU
I have a 2018 Sahara that did not come with LED lights. I have also now installed the Mopar LED Headlights. The instructions are actually not incorrect...you just have to be very careful about which side of the plug the instructions are referring to when you install the harness pins. When I completed the install the Halos did not work. I have a Tazer, I contacted them for help, they didn't respond.

I saw the post here earlier from Fonzie (and maybe others) about having to "toggle on and off" the Halo option on the Tazer. That's all I needed to do and they work perfectly now.

So Summary: Halos do work, the instructions are actually not incorrect, just be very careful following them, Tazer will work if you toggle HALO option on/off a few times.
I am upgrading my daughters 2020 from OEM Halogen to OEM LED headlamps. Did you just install and then use the tazer and that was it? I got them in today and they seemed good until I went to flash the brights. Now things aren't working properly.

Do I just need to order a tazer and turn on/off the Halo settings?

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
I am upgrading my daughters 2020 from OEM Halogen to OEM LED headlamps. Did you just install and then use the tazer and that was it? I got them in today and they seemed good until I went to flash the brights. Now things aren't working properly.

Do I just need to order a tazer and turn on/off the Halo settings?
Yes, u need a tazer of jscan to change the light settings from halogen to led due to voltage draw requirements and to turn on the halo as well.

BMB

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT HAVE THE 4TH HALO WIRE PRE INSTALLED:

I have managed to get my Mopar Halos working properly and behaving like stock Halo DRLs using my own DIY wiring harness. Let me start by saying this mod is not for the timid. It involves unplugging some critical connectors located at the BCM, which is not all that hard, but just a bit nerve racking as there is always the chance to damage a wire or bend a pin in the BCM. You'll need two different types of pins. For the headlight side, you'll need MOLEX MX150 females (sourced from eBay). For the BCM side, you'll need Kostal MLK 1.2 ELA SM SN 22-20AWG (sourced from Mouser.com). I originally ordered different terminals from eBay labeled as MLK 1.2, apparently not all MLK 1.2 terminals are the same, and they did not fit the BCM connector on my first attempt. Use two lengths of 22AWG automotive wire, and follow the route in the MOPAR kit instructions. I found some wire harness tape on Amazon, that directly matches OEM wire harness tap, and wrapped my two lengths of wire before install. Once the two wires join each other, go ahead and wrap them together with this tape, so you're only securing and fishing one harness. Getting through the firewall grommet was a challenge, but not impossible. I used a 5 gallon bucket handle, sharped with an angle grinder. I pushed it in (well below the existing wires in the grommet) to create a new hole. Remove your passenger fender to get access in the engine bay side. Once you have the bucket handle half way through, create tear drop shape on the engine bay side and pull a good bit of your wire harness through it. Once you pull the handle far enough to reach the wire on the inside of the cab, pull the rest of your wire harness in. I found it easiest to crimp the BCM terminals once the wire was already fished into the cab. To get to the BCM, you will need to remove your passenger seat and trim. The only way I was able to reach the top left connector on the BCM was to remove all other connectors first, and also take off the mounting bolts to the BCM, so that I could pull it down far enough to reach. When you are inserting your BCM terminals, I found it very helpful to have a angled pick, to help push the terminals down and fully seat them in the connector. Once you have all that done and put back together, use your tazer JL mini to program. There's lots of discussion in this thread of difficulty with this, but it worked for me the first attempt by turning LED Heads OFF first, and then HALOs ON, then LED Heads On. This is truly as close to OEM as we can get, with the harness not being readily available from MOPAR. This install is the only way to truly get the Halos to behave properly, as they are lit dimly during day, and bright at night. They flash with unlock button and are not affected by turn signals.

BCM Terminals:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/KOSTAL/32140734113000?qs=W0yvOO0ixfG7NlxSITzNtA==&countryCode=US&currencyCode=USD

Headlight Terminals:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265253653623

Crimping Tool:
https://www.amazon.com/IWISS-Harness-Crimping-Computer-Automotive/dp/B01M1YK5FM/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1Q7WAQRT9RKL7&keywords=molex+crimp+tool+iwiss&qid=1665415984&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjQ4IiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ==&sprefix=molex+crimp+tool+iwiss,aps,54&sr=8-3

Wire Harness Tape:
https://www.amazon.com/XFasten-Harness-4-Inch-50-Foot-5-Pack/dp/B0821HLWCC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3HDWZJKHIL13Y&keywords=Wire+harness+tape&qid=1665416010&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI0LjM2IiwicXNhIjoiNC4xNiIsInFzcCI6IjQuMDQifQ==&sprefix=wire+harness+tape,aps,73&sr=8-3
Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT E72FAAC9-8091-4100-A805-D9AFA3C6D5BD
Jeep Wrangler JL MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT 91D23701-0B59-4997-8E75-A4D65CA167E3
Sponsored