Sponsored

MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
I’ve double checked and swapped them out and it just switches the halo that’s working from left to right :/.
Dunno bud. I would just say check all connections, maybe check for continuity at the terminals, etc... GL!
Sponsored

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2012 McLaren 12C
Alright, updated the Tazer JL Mini to 11.2.0, I was on 11.1.4 which already supported the Halos, but now it works. All praise be to jeebus!! Thank you to everyone that has put so much effort into this thread.

fdhyja-a71gLfoY2Pmy3Ktf3yhDk9pGGWzt-rxWfqALKzZS6eurmtjPxi_0XWLgZ7-WFRw=w1730-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

McuyoIuOZ3Xgbm-8AAn7cpldeTS16cKUKxih2MACawBiB_tJ8sWlu_ch2RWyz2aHs6DjWA=w1730-h1297-no?authuser=0.jpg

Negativezero4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Their solution was to purchase aftermarket led fender lights that included a harness instead of using take offs. Hopefully it is the mopar one.
Went to go pick up my Jeep today from the dealership and was a little disappointed. They installed morimoto led turn signal lights instead of the mopar ones. They didnt even function properly. Turn signal light out on in the dash and no radio reception. No bueno. What a headache. They did get the halo lights working which is a plus but I had to leave it again so they can get the turn signals working.

749778AE-8C80-4AEE-BCF0-C7C160D8E327.jpeg

JLpadilla

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Hi Negative! I’m a new JL owner I just installed my Morimoto LED turn signal lights and they work fine but the DRL doesn’t work on AUTO. They only work when I have the Headlights on. This this happen to you??

Negativezero4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Hi Negative! I’m a new JL owner I just installed my Morimoto LED turn signal lights and they work fine but the DRL doesn’t work on AUTO. They only work when I have the Headlights on. This this happen to you??
I am having the same issue. Switching to mopar turns instead.

Sponsored

offroad.ua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Guys, what is this Tazer thing? Is that a permanent part to make lights work? Or is just something temporary while programming lights? Also, what kind of Tazers are there?

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
attached chart from Tazer compares the various versions.. be aware it must be "paired" to your vehicle and "Live" functionality modifications will work only when it is present. (you can't use it to fix your issues, then remove it and use it to fix your buddy's Jeep). You can un-pair it from your current Jeep so it can be used on your new Jeep..

Attachments

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Combed through the threads and had a hard time figuring the anwer out; hoping for a quick one.

2020 Sahara purchased w/ Halogens

1) IF LED DRL/Fender Flares (With fully wiring harness), and Fog lights are purchased- are they plug and play? (LED Tail lights appear to be fully plug & play)

2) Once Mopar LED headlights are installed, they require either a dealer flash OR Taser to work w/o flickering or no halo?

Seems to be a lot on here about pin placement, flashes etc etc. Just looking for a straight forward answer

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
Combed through the threads and had a hard time figuring the anwer out; hoping for a quick one.

2020 Sahara purchased w/ Halogens

1) IF LED DRL/Fender Flares (With fully wiring harness), and Fog lights are purchased- are they plug and play? (LED Tail lights appear to be fully plug & play).

Fogs are plug and play with dealer flash... LED DRLs (specifically the turns) are plug but won’t work without a Tazer or similar... the dealer cannot “flash” them..

2) Once Mopar LED headlights are installed, they require either a dealer flash OR Taser to work w/o flickering or no halo?

Yes, the dealer can flash them no Tazer required.. you do have to install the harness which comes with them to make the halos work.. pin placement (both ends) isn’t complex...

Seems to be a lot on here about pin placement, flashes etc etc. Just looking for a straight forward answer

Sponsored

edotdiggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Are the LED fog lights plug and play? I just purchased a 2018 JL Sahara and am looking to upgrade the halogen to LED.

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
Are the LED fog lights plug and play? I just purchased a 2018 JL Sahara and am looking to upgrade the halogen to LED.
No unfortunately they are not. You will need a TAZER or other type of programmer to make them work.

edotdiggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
No unfortunately they are not. You will need a TAZER or other type of programmer to make them work.
Thanks! Do they require a different harness as well like the DRLs and headlights?

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Went to go pick up my Jeep today from the dealership and was a little disappointed. They installed morimoto led turn signal lights instead of the mopar ones. They didnt even function properly. Turn signal light out on in the dash and no radio reception. No bueno. What a headache. They did get the halo lights working which is a plus but I had to leave it again so they can get the turn signals working.

I upgraded my fenders to the paintable HighTop Fender Flares w/ LED. Got hyper flash. Install the Tazer JL Mini. Works great. Ordered the Mopar LED Headlights, Mopar Steel Front Bumper w/ LED Fog Lights, Mopar LED Tail Lights, and a Mopar Remote Start Kit.. Waited a month and they never shipped. So I connected Mopar. They said they were waiting on the headlights. They went ahead and shipped everything except the headlights. Another month goes by. Ship date to AllMoparParts.com (AMP) was May 15th. Bust. AMP said 4-8 weeks out. So I go ahead and install the bumper and tail lights. Flash from dealer. Works great. The Remote start module would not prograM to my existing keys (to be used as backup). They ordered another kit. Hope to be up and running. Got a wench and my Nephews wedding this weekend. Really disappointed on the headlights, but in this case OEM is a better option for me than aftermarket. I would protest the aftermarket turn signals and tell them to get the Mopar ones in. They are plug and play. Also have the same color 2018.

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2012 McLaren 12C
Thanks! Do they require a different harness as well like the DRLs and headlights?
The harness is plug and play. However, as someone mentioned earlier, you will need to program the DRL lights (switch from halogen to DRL in the ECU) or they won't work correctly. Either with a Tazer or at the dealer.

As for the harness it self. The plug is the same and connects directly, but do note that the DRL harness is fixed (not removable) to the DRLs themselves and cannot be detached. The halogen harness is detachable at the light housing, and also at the harness end.

So if you buy take-off OEM DRLs, make sure the harness is attached and hasn't been cut as it cannot be removed. Hope that helps. I made a little video on the tubez if you want to check it out.

Sponsored