Sponsored

MOPAR LED FACTORY UPGRADE KIT

Negativezero4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I bought a 2018 Sahara JL under the promise my Jeep dealership would upgrade it to the LED package. They installed some takeoff headlights but the halos and the hi/lo combo won’t work. Do I need to have them add the sales code? They also tried to install takeoff led fender lights from another vehicle but said the harness is different. Can anyone confirm
Sponsored

Last edited:

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I bought a 2018 Sahara JL under the promise my Jeep dealership would upgrade it to the LED package. They installed some takeoff headlights but the halos and the hi/lo combo won’t work. Do I need to have them add the sales code? They also tried to install takeoff led fender lights from another vehicle but said the harness is different. Can anyone confirm
The instructions that came with the kit for the LED headlights have the code that needs to be entered to activate the halo lights. There is also some additions to the wiring harness that need to be made. Those are in the instructions as well. Take the Jeep back to your dealer, and ask them to make it work. If they need a little extra help, advise them to read the instructions and apply them carefully. It will work if that is done. If that is not done, it does not work.

johncmd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
jeep Did my halos and they worked fine when I picked it up. They updated the codes there so can be done. I installed the LED DRL on fenders myself after purchasing take off on here, diffeeent harness from lights but still plug in play. Tho I had to get a Tazer to change the computer to led DRLs. Haven’t had a hiccup since

Negativezero4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Did my halos and they worked fine when I picked it up. They updated the codes there so can be done. I installed the LED DRL on fenders myself after purchasing take off on here, diffeeent harness from lights but still plug in play. Tho I had to get a Tazer to change the computer to led DRLs. Haven’t had a hiccup since
Should I ask them to try and install the fender lights again? The GM was pretty adamant that it couldn’t be done without the harness

johncmd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Should I ask them to try and install the fender lights again? The GM was pretty adamant that it couldn’t be done without the harness
It might be true, as the ones I bought on here came with the lights and harness attached. They connected to the factory halogen connector the same though. Will they take the part back and give you credit? Then I would go on the FS forum and look for someone selling their LED DRL. There are lot of people selling them when they do fender swaps or cuts.

there is a guy username vaunswa - I got mine from him. You may see if he has a set. Maybe Jeep will install them for you? Otherwise it’s not a huge deal to do yourself just need fender clips and clip tool.

Sponsored

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
If you have a Sahara that came with the 2-bulb fender lights the harness is the same. I think the sports with the single are the ones with the different harness. Many people with Saharas and Rubicons have done the swap on these forums, including me. The fender lights you get as take offs need to have the longer section of the harness that runs back to the rear of the fender. As long as that section is intact it should plug right into the body.

If the headlights were "take offs" and not from the Mopar upgrade kit you need to find out if they installed the harness that wires the halo pin back to the BCM. If they did not do that you have no physical connection to the Halo wire and a sales code will not activate the halo, but would likely fix any hi/low beam issues that they really should not charge you for if you paid for the install.

humrk311

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited / 1999 BMW R1100S / 1998 BMW M3
If you have a Sahara that came with the 2-bulb fender lights the harness is the same. I think the sports with the single are the ones with the different harness. Many people with Saharas and Rubicons have done the swap on these forums, including me. The fender lights you get as take offs need to have the longer section of the harness that runs back to the rear of the fender. As long as that section is intact it should plug right into the body.

If the headlights were "take offs" and not from the Mopar upgrade kit you need to find out if they installed the harness that wires the halo pin back to the BCM. If they did not do that you have no physical connection to the Halo wire and a sales code will not activate the halo, but would likely fix any hi/low beam issues that they really should not charge you for if you paid for the install.
RE: fender light harness; Correct, the halogen and LED fender harness are the same; unfortunately the circuitry either in the chassis harness between the plug at the fender and the BCM (or the BCM itself) is different. If your Sahara or Rubicon didn't come with the LED package the LED fender light conversion is NOT plug & play.. Yes, it will plug into the chassis harness but you'll need to purchase a Taser JL or similar to get them to work..

Based on my ordeal with this upgrade I can say with reasonable certainty, there is NO "sales code" that will resolve the hyper-flash issue and the resistor fix which works for LED bulb-only upgrades doesn't either..

If the dealership promised you a full LED upgrade the assumption is it would work.. they should either purchase the Tazer (but they won't/can't) or reimburse you the $370..

Good luck!

Negativezero4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Their solution was to purchase aftermarket led fender lights that included a harness instead of using take offs. Hopefully it is the mopar one.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
I have the 2018 Sahara and I bought the paintable high top fender flares with LED’s, plug and play. Added the sales code, hyper flash. Tazer mini works. I’m waiting on Mopar to send the LED headlights. I have the LED tail light waiting and the steel front bumper with LED fog lights waiting to be installed together. Will get the dealer to flash some codes and I will hopefully be good without the Tazer.

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
RE: fender light harness; Correct, the halogen and LED fender harness are the same; unfortunately the circuitry either in the chassis harness between the plug at the fender and the BCM (or the BCM itself) is different. If your Sahara or Rubicon didn't come with the LED package the LED fender light conversion is NOT plug & play.. Yes, it will plug into the chassis harness but you'll need to purchase a Taser JL or similar to get them to work..

Based on my ordeal with this upgrade I can say with reasonable certainty, there is NO "sales code" that will resolve the hyper-flash issue and the resistor fix which works for LED bulb-only upgrades doesn't either..

If the dealership promised you a full LED upgrade the assumption is it would work.. they should either purchase the Tazer (but they won't/can't) or reimburse you the $370..

Good luck!
Tazer fixed me issues. Had stock halogen on my Rubicon and added LED everything and the Tazer fixed any & all circuitry issues...

Sponsored

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2012 McLaren 12C
I did the swap as well for OEM LED DRL/Turn Signals, and LED Headlights, and fog lights. Everything worked with the Tazer, the only thing I was waiting on was the OEM wiring to enable the HALOs. I installed yesterday, used the tazer to enable the HALO and only one works. I tested both lights and its not the halos or light, its the wiring. Can someone please post an actual picture of where and how they wired up the wiring harness at the BMC? Following the diagram there's only one side that has enough openings to insert both wires in slots 5/7.

This side works fine - I can swap the wires at the BMC and make the other side work, but still only one.
upload_2020-5-7_18-22-56.png

This side flickers a tiny bit so I'm sure there's something wrong with the wiring.
upload_2020-5-7_18-23-25.png

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
I did the swap as well for OEM LED DRL/Turn Signals, and LED Headlights, and fog lights. Everything worked with the Tazer, the only thing I was waiting on was the OEM wiring to enable the HALOs. I installed yesterday, used the tazer to enable the HALO and only one works. I tested both lights and its not the halos or light, its the wiring. Can someone please post an actual picture of where and how they wired up the wiring harness at the BMC? Following the diagram there's only one side that has enough openings to insert both wires in slots 5/7.

This side works fine - I can swap the wires at the BMC and make the other side work, but still only one.
upload_2020-5-7_18-22-56.png

This side flickers a tiny bit so I'm sure there's something wrong with the wiring.
upload_2020-5-7_18-23-25.png
5 & 7 are the slots. Try turning the option on/off several times thru the tazer setup. I found that helped and they both finally turned on for me.

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 & 7 are the slots. Try turning the option on/off several times thru the tazer setup. I found that helped and they both finally turned on for me.
Thanks for the quick reply. I did try about 5-7 times with the the tazer, hard resets, restarts, etc and still nothing. That’s why I think maybe my wiring isn’t right.

fonzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL, & Gladiator
The wires are definitely pins 5 & 7 on bcm connector C1A. Probably dbl check the pins are seated correctly.

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wires are definitely pins 5 & 7 on bcm connector C1A. Probably dbl check the pins are seated correctly.
I’ve double checked and swapped them out and it just switches the halo that’s working from left to right :/.
Sponsored