Sponsored

Drewbacca

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S 4xe
Wow, it has been almost a year since I installed this system!!!

If you read about what I did a couple pages back, I put a "Y" in the system to use both the wiper spray & regular spray.

Update after 1 year of use so far:

1. STILL using original first set of wipers! Don't think I need to put the spares in anytime soon.

2. If you see how & have my lines through the Cowl holes, I have had not hose cut. The mesh has frayed but hasn't disintegrated any further & will take some pictures later today to show what I mean.

3. STILL using this system and happy with it (WITH my modification to be also using the main sprayers)
That’s good to hear. I’m planning on drilling some holes and using grommets from idea I saw on the Gladiator forums. Here are some pics. Not sure if there’s a better location for the holes. I’m a little nervous since it’s a lease, but I can always just buy the cowl if I decide not to purchase at the end.

IMG_3477.jpeg

IMG_3478.jpeg
Sponsored

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Wow, it has been almost a year since I installed this system!!!

If you read about what I did a couple pages back, I put a "Y" in the system to use both the wiper spray & regular spray.

Update after 1 year of use so far:

1. STILL using original first set of wipers! Don't think I need to put the spares in anytime soon.

2. If you see how I have my lines through the Cowl holes, I have not had any hose cut. The mesh has frayed but hasn't disintegrated any further & will take some pictures later today to show what I mean.

3. STILL using this system and happy with it (WITH my modification to be also using the main sprayers)
As promised … pictures and video after 1 year of operation:

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Introduces Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets IMG_0096

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Introduces Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets IMG_0098

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Introduces Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets IMG_0097

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Introduces Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets IMG_0100

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Introduces Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets IMG_0101

Drewbacca

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As promised … pictures and video after 1 year of operation:

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Introduces Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets IMG_0091

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Introduces Performance Windshield Wipers w/ Built-In Washer Jets IMG_0091

I see you didn’t install it through the springs like the instructions recommended. Any reason why?

Drewbacca

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you do get these printed would you mind sharing your source? I *might* reinstall my kit if I can get those reinforced connectors. Right now I wouldn't trust the OEM connectors during the winter months. Still on the fence about trusting the rest of the kit though, there are multiple potential points of failure.
Well, I got them. I printed them with PETG material per the instructions from the guy who made the model. He also suggested ASA but most people don’t use it because of toxicity I was told. The printer actual sent me 6 copies, when I only ordered 2. They definitely didn’t fit in as easily as the OEM ones, and I had to unhook the release clip to shove them in and then clip it to lock them. Unfortunately I think the material was too brittle. Two of mine snapped while I was trying to but the larger end into the hose, and the others all snapped within a few seconds of running the wipers. I ended up just removing the quick connect apparatus and installing some standard 1/4 inch tubing straight connectors. So far, so good, but I’m a little nervous that they won’t hold as well since the barb isn’t as wide as the OEM ones. We’ll see. It’s been a week and I haven’t had trouble. The guy I used was 3D Print Gifts Novelty, but I only used him because he’s in my town. He did a fine job though, I just would want to change up the material used.

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I see you didn’t install it through the springs like the instructions recommended. Any reason why?
I really can’t remember if I just didn’t see that (not following the directions to a tee) or decided I wanted the tubing not so constrained.
Sponsored