Sponsored

Windshield wipers ?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I've had really good service from Trico Force.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Anything inexpensive. Wiper blades usually crap out, at about 1 1/2 years, around Houston, no matter how expensive, inexpensive, top tier, or the cheapest.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I’ve always thought the Rain-X brand ones have been good. Been using them on both mine and the wife’s rides for years.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I had a friend that used to leave some crappy wipers on all summer, then pull out his "good ones" when the rainy season began. But around here, we don't seem to have a rainy season anymore.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If you're an enthusiast, cleaning the windshield with a lime remover and using RainX will give you such a good result at highway speeds that you don't need your wipers.

The best cleaner of hard water deposits I've used was some name I can't recall, but which had a mild acid and abrasive. I think there are still products out there like that, but which use a citric acid these days.

Last edited:

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I am trying the cheap route this time with a pair of Emuthsun off of Amazon. 3 months in and not a lot of rain but they seem to be doing pretty good. We'll see how they hold up compared to the Bosch's.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Sponsored

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
Don’t buy the cheapo Michelin’s at Costco. They started to screech after a month of use. They almost drove me batty. The caveat here is I was using them on a full size SUV. Maybe little shorties on a JL won’t be as annoying.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I've used and recommended the Bosch brand of windscreen wipers for years.

Curiously, when I installed a pair of new Envision blades on the Wrangler, their practical service life was comparably abbreviated. I've been careful to clean the glass of bugs almost daily, and wipe (i.e., refreshen) the blades with isopropyl alcohol periodically. Nonetheless, it's been less than a year now and I can see that the blades' performance isn't long for this world.

The same short lifespan occurred with the OEM wipers. I thought that going upmarket would give me a longer run of things. Not this time.

What's equally curious is that, with their third season approaching, the price-point Duralast winter wiper blades that were purchased at Autozone, and are in situ on the Jeep for several of our coldest and wettest months, continue to work as if they were new.

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Don't use abrasives, acids, lime cleaners, etc.... Just use steel wool, #00 or better. Go against the grain on the outside of the windshield ONLY. it'll be as clean as new.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Nearly all beam style wipers are better than the steel frame style. Bosch and RainX are consistently best rated.