Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
  • Banned
MOPAR seems to have two different product numbers for the front and (at least for the Unlimited/4 door) rear JL/JLU grab handles, but I can't notice any difference between any of these grab handles.

Do we think them all the same thing, just packaged differently by MOPAR so someone doesn't go out and buy rear grab handles for their 2 door and end up disappointed not realizing that you've got to have doors back there to use MOPAR's grab handles in the back seat?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Birchrun

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I too went non-Mopar. I ordered a custom set off Etsy with paracord for better strength and durability. I got all 4 doors and 2 in the back of the headrests. Very happy and picked a matching color pair to go with my Sting Grey Sport. Super helpful for the family to get in and out.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
The spacing of the attaching points for the front and rear are different. The front is slightly longer than the rear.

I went with GPCA but now regret them, any velcro will gradually come loose if you actually use them.

Birchrun

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
The spacing of the attaching points for the front and rear are different. The front is slightly longer than the rear.

I went with GPCA but now regret them, any velcro will gradually come loose if you actually use them.

I found this to be true also and the ones I ordered were very fit to fit but different for front vs rear.

Here are the front vs rear in how the ended up

B10E69FA-0354-414E-853B-FBC2D6BAB9CE.jpeg

2B166C64-CF11-4C71-947B-D712F811C6C3.jpeg

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure but you should check out the GPCA handles. They are way nicer.
Mine are arriving today... seemed to be the best of what's out there. I saw the comment by @plex about the velcro eventually coming loose, but ours are more for use while driving rather than to pull up into the Jeep. Time will tell... :fingerscrossed:

Rcocklin73

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
We have the MOPAR handles too and I love them. They seem to be built pretty well.

Sponsored

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I just put in these Mopar handles last week and they work great!

mopar handles.JPG
We have the MOPAR handles too and I love them. They seem to be built pretty well.
Any issue with "slapping" the windows, if installed with doors? I just ordered them... but keep hearing about conflicting comments on whether or not they hit the windows.

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
Any issue with "slapping" the windows, if installed with doors? I just ordered them... but keep hearing about conflicting comments on whether or not they hit the windows.
Mine haven't hit the windows once, though I have to admit that I haven't done any off roading on bumpy terrain yet.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Mine haven't hit the windows once, though I have to admit that I haven't done any off roading on bumpy terrain yet.
Good! thanks.

I read in a few spots that the handle sits too low, or gets in the way while driving. Any issue with that? I figured with the "low" comment, I'm not that tall, so that might be an advantage for me.

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
Good! thanks.

I read in a few spots that the handle sits too low, or gets in the way while driving. Any issue with that? I figured with the "low" comment, I'm not that tall, so that might be an advantage for me.
The only thing I found annoying at first was that I was hitting my head on the handle getting in and out of the car. I'm pretty tall, but after 4 or 5 times I just started naturally moving my head in between the new grab handle and the standard handle that comes with the car getting in and out with no issue. I think it hangs at a good spot. Sometimes I just hang my left arm on in while i'm driving for fun or comfort.

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
Yes they do, the handle plastic is hard and does hit the windows when it gets bouncy... especially the front ones... I will tie them when I will be going on the beach this summer... Other than this issue I like them. At first I felt that they were in my line of sight, but I got use to them. I preferred the ones on my JK, I wish that I would have kept them.
Sponsored

Last edited: