Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i have the Bartact ones. they are nice quality and work well. they just hang down though, always. not a big issue for me. unfortunately they dont work on the rear and bartact hasnt made any that do as of yet (that i know of).
Sponsored

Rubicon1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dslkjfl'aj
I know grab handles have been mentioned a TON in this forum. And I've seen a few people list what they bought (or will buy) such as Mopar, Alien, etc. However When I go to Amazon to buy them, I read reviews and most recent comments are very mixed.

Also, when I searched for grab handles on the forum, I couldn't find a dedicated thread...so hopefully this will at least revive a dedicated chat.

I would love to get opinions/experiences on where you got yours. Also, I have the Sky One Touch roof - not sure if that changes my options (not all makers specify) and if that created a harder install (using that word lightly).

Thanks!
I have the Mopar ones that are the same as OEM. I have the hardtop though. The handles are rugged and well made. I like the soft rubber grip.
I don't hit them with my head getting in or out

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I had the bartact/Trek armor ones on my JK and they are great. I now has the Mopar ones. I like the Mopar for the JL better because of how clean they are, but they are not as solid as the Bartact ones. Both are a good option

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
How are you liking them? I'm considering them and I have the SOT also.
I like them a lot. I like to lower-profile you get with the metal handles and being able to "fold" them up when you don't need them is an added bonus.

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
I like them a lot. I like to lower-profile you get with the metal handles and being able to "fold" them up when you don't need them is an added bonus.
Edit: Nevermind, figured out the puzzle. The key is to feed the straps into place on the non-button end first and to feed them through before attaching the handle. All good now. I ended up using them in the front seats and kept my cheaper thin amazon ones in the rear seats. I'm not sure the GPCA would fit through the opening in the rear but in the front they work. I did go with headrest style GPCA for the rear seat passengers though.

Did you install these for the rear seats as well? I have tried a few times and can't for the life of me figure out how to snake them through the bar with a SOT. Did you use a trim tool or something to punch it through? I'm at a loss right now.
Sponsored

Last edited: