First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR ,2001 TJ, 1978 CJ5
Occupation
Deep Sea Diver
Hello all , First post on here but I thought I would share my experience.
I recently installed the Mopar Aux switch on our 2018 JLUR 2.0L
Installed everything as per instructions and was a fairly simple install plenty out there on videos and guides as the Mopar instructions kinda suck. worst part was switching the pins on the Body Wiring harness.

Once installed and batteries were reconnected and started.... Boom I get a C.E.L, and informed that Start/Stop unavailable.
Well I knew I needed to get it flashed by the dealer anyway for the Aux switch to work ... so I brought it in to have them figure out what was going on. After hours of the tech scratching his head and me telling him where some things are at, swapping out the I.B.S (intelligent battery sensor on the ground) they disconnect the Aux switch system and say they think the switch is bad as its back feeding voltage through the (orange) Can Bus wire. so after paying the dealer with my first born I'm still don't have a working Aux switch.

I pulled apart every connector all wiring was correct. So with the Orange Can Bus wire disconnected its only putting out 3.4v I can replace the switch itself for about $40 I guess that cheeps insurance but just wanted to see if anyone had any issues as well?

thanks
Sponsored

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I know this is very frustrating as I experienced the same thing. There are a lot of posts and threads in here discussing this issue. I believe 90% of them are caused by the orange wire and its new plug not fully connecting. I endup just bypass (cut) the plug and soldered 2 orange wires together.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...em-post-i-know-sorry.30803/page-2#post-907872

Once this is done, you still need to flash it to tell whether everything is properly connected.

Give it a try and Good luck!

OP
OP
Chamlin2

Chamlin2

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Deep Sea Diver
I know this is very frustrating as I experienced the same thing. There are a lot of posts and threads in here discussing this issue. I believe 90% of them are caused by the orange wire and its new plug not fully connecting. I endup just bypass (cut) the plug and soldered 2 orange wires together.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...em-post-i-know-sorry.30803/page-2#post-907872

Once this is done, you still need to flash it to tell whether everything is properly connected.

Thanks, they did the flash and it took I can see the Aux settings in the settings now. I am going to dig into this a little more . Hopefully I can connect them up and it works . I went ahead and ordered a new aux switch from Mopar just in case it was 40$ so we will see.
Thank you

OP
OP
Chamlin2

Chamlin2

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Deep Sea Diver

I just wanted to let you know that it worked .
I spliced in instead of using the plugs. And works well. thank you!!

Sponsored

Coddiwomple

First Name
Adie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
So, if you look at the MOPAR instructions it shows a different location for the orange wire removal to all the videos I have seen. Unless am missing something, which does happen

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
Some are counting the location from the front, others from the rear. Freaked me out for a second.
Sponsored