Mopar AUX Switch Install Help needed

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Thanks, my kit did include a 5 Amp fuse there, I checked it and its good. I was thinking something in the fuse box, but this kit doesn't use any fuses in there.
Sponsored

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Anyone have any additional troubleshooting tips for the Mopar Aux switch install on a 2021 JL? Hours reading posts, research on the JL forums and all the YouTube videos - nothing.
Checked 5amp in line fuse to battery.
Soldered orange wire from foot well hardness to AUX switch bundle, so I know that’s good.
Checked orange pin13 in foot well wiring harness.
Double and triple checked connector plug 7 wire pinouts to the switch.
Enabled AUX:Yes with Tazer JL (uConnect is showing AUX switches in setup)
Is there supposed to be a fuse at F50 or F72 (not included in the kit)? I’m running out of ideas.
The switches are not lighting up, but should I be getting power to the relays regardless? TIA

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar AUX Switch Install Help needed 2023-04-30_8-13-21

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar AUX Switch Install Help needed 2023-04-30_8-14-44

2023-04-30_9-29-57.png

Last edited:

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Anyone have any additional troubleshooting tips for the Mopar Aux switch install on a 2021 JL? Hours reading posts, research on the JL forums and all the YouTube videos - nothing.
Checked 5amp in line fuse to battery.
Soldered orange wire from foot well hardness to AUX switch bundle, so I know that’s good.
Checked orange pin13 in foot well wiring harness.
Double and triple checked connector plug 7 wire pinouts to the switch.
Enabled AUX:Yes with Tazer JL (uConnect is showing AUX switches in setup)
Is there supposed to be a fuse at F50 or F72 (not included in the kit)? I’m running out of ideas.
The switches are not lighting up, but should I be getting power to the relays regardless? TIA

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar AUX Switch Install Help needed 2023-04-30_9-29-57

I wish I wrote everything down when I did this a couple of years ago. Cannot remember if the lights were coming on on the switch until I had it flashed at the dealership or not. I did the taser JL thing but that did not cause the switches to actually work. It wasn't until the dealer flash. Even though it was showing in Uconnect nothing worked. Again not 100% on my memory for this but I do recall things actually did not start to function until I got the Flash

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
I wish I wrote everything down when I did this a couple of years ago. Cannot remember if the lights were coming on on the switch until I had it flashed at the dealership or not. I did the taser JL thing but that did not cause the switches to actually work. It wasn't until the dealer flash. Even though it was showing in Uconnect nothing worked. Again not 100% on my memory for this but I do recall things actually did not start to function until I got the Flash
Good point and its best to have the AUX switches updated to the VIN anyways. If I can't figure it out today, I'll take into the dealership early this week. Thanks!

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
For those that have had issues removing the orange wire (pin 13) - does anyone have any pics of how they spliced the wires together if you can’t get this pin out? I’ve tried most everything and i think i need a 2nd option. Thanks in advance.
Ken
I had the same issue, but I broke the wire trying to get it out. What I found is, get your smallest Allen key and die grinder out, grind down the sides and top about 1-2" up to make it thinner and put a nice sharp point on the end. That will de-pin that connecter. Nothing else I tried will. Here is what I ended up soldering and shoving into the pin 13 location.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar AUX Switch Install Help needed 2023-04-30_11-11-09

Last edited:

Sponsored

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Don't know if I mentioned it before, but when I connencted the orange wire and first started it up, I got Christmas tree warnings and everything from locker messages to sway bar, etc warnings popped on. I thought i destroyed the jeep. I shut it off and restarted and it was all good, but scared the crap out of me. Don't know if any one else had that occur.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Willing to bet the orange wire in the large connector by the footwell is not properly connected.

When I did my install, I accidentally confused the orange wire, with the orange wire w/ white stripe. I ended up not using the wire connector for the new/replaced wires and just connected them outside the pigtail connector.

9/10 times if no power to the Aux buttons, it’s the orange wire. The other 1/10 is the fuse.

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Went into the dealership today to have the AUX sales code flashed, hours later still no AUX switch lights. One thing I noticed is my start/stop is always NOT READY, no matter what - no other errors. If that is being caused by a low battery issue would that be the cause of the AUX switches also not working? It has been that way for months, started a few days after it was in the dealership for an AUX battery replacement. Setting up an appointment to have the start/stop fixed (although I like it not functional), unless someone knows a way around it.

I did notice this code last night triple checking wiring. Is this refering to the AUX switches?

U113B Jeep Code - Lost Communication With Switch Bank Module

Last edited:

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Quick update, going back a few days, during the installation at the very end when wiring the plug to the switch bank, I noticed I had an existing factory plug fixed to the inside of the cubby. I ignored it because I was not sure what it was for, but it matched the plug on the AUX switch kit -so I'm assuming this is used if the Jeep had the AUX/trailer tow option. Long story short(could not get the switches to light up when coming from the kit harness), I tried this mystery factory plug just for grins. All the lights work and are able to be programmed from the uConnect. I can't be the only one that has a 2021+ jeep ordered without the AUX switches that included the console harness. I’m not an automotive electrician, but would you think there would be any danger in using the can bus (OG), RD BK wires from this factory plug (we know they work) and de-pinning the other four wires and using the 4 relay leads from the kit to make things functional? Everything else would be the same as the instructions. I could probably even put the orange can bus wire from the passenger kick panel back the way it was. Wonder if Jeep started doing this as people complained about how hard the Mopar AUX kit was to install.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar AUX Switch Install Help needed 2023-05-04_13-24-27

Last edited:

Lowlife II

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler
Quick update, going back a few days, during the installation at the very end when wiring the plug to the switch bank, I noticed I had an existing factory plug fixed to the inside of the cubby. I ignored it because I was not sure what it was for, but it matched the plug on the AUX switch kit -so I'm assuming this is used if the Jeep had the AUX/trailer tow option. Long story short(could not get the switches to light up when coming from the kit harness), I tried this mystery factory plug just for grins. All the lights work and are able to be programmed from the uConnect. I can't be the only one that has a 2021+ jeep ordered without the AUX switches that included the console harness. I’m not an automotive electrician, but would you think there would be any danger in using the can bus (OG), RD BK wires from this factory plug (we know they work) and de-pinning the other four wires and using the 4 relay leads from the kit to make things functional? Everything else would be the same as the instructions. I could probably even put the orange can bus wire from the passenger kick panel back the way it was. Wonder if Jeep started doing this as people complained about how hard the Mopar AUX kit was to install.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar AUX Switch Install Help needed 2023-05-04_13-24-27
I have the same thing going on right now. Did this work? I have power on all the wires, the hot, the orange and the switch wires.

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
I ended up just using the wiring and plugs provided in the kit and following those instructions. I could not find any information on utilizing the already included factory plug/wires.
Sponsored