Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen driveways worse than that.......... :)
well they didn't make an attempt at Hell's Gate in the video. That would have been entertaining to watch, lol.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
well they didn't make an attempt at Hell's Gate in the video. That would have been entertaining to watch, lol.
We were with a local a few years back with open diffs in an '82 Toyota with the 20 or 22R on 33s. He BEAT THE LIVING SHIT out of his rig, but he got it up Rocker Knocker on Pritchett without assistance....just goes to show that if you don't give a shit about the vehicle you can often make an obstacle (provided you don't break a major part).

And yes, that means buying a Rubicon will just make things easier when the trails get difficult...it's not saying a Moab, Sport or Sahara can't do the same obstacles....you just may have to work for it, do more damage to the trail while trying and might break some very expensive parts in the process. "As fast as necessary, as slow as possible" applies.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
And yes, that means buying a Rubicon will just make things easier when the trails get difficult...it's not saying a Moab, Sport or Sahara can't do the same obstacles
Yes this has been my main point for quite some time. Locking Differentials makes things much simpler, but it doesn't mean the rest of us are stranded in a wet puddle as some people like to think. (Joking or otherwise)

I'm not one to just dive into everything at Wide Open Throttle trying to destroy my Jeep... Its a daily driver so I approach things with the mentality of "It's not worth flipping the Jeep over"

That being said, she pulls through the mud pretty well. :)

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
We were with a local a few years back with open diffs in an '82 Toyota with the 20 or 22R on 33s. He BEAT THE LIVING SHIT out of his rig, but he got it up Rocker Knocker on Pritchett without assistance....just goes to show that if you don't give a shit about the vehicle you can often make an obstacle (provided you don't break a major part).

And yes, that means buying a Rubicon will just make things easier when the trails get difficult...it's not saying a Moab, Sport or Sahara can't do the same obstacles....you just may have to work for it, do more damage to the trail while trying and might break some very expensive parts in the process. "As fast as necessary, as slow as possible" applies.
Correction- in the case of the MOAB you just pay more and get less...

Reactions: JC7

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
As you already know...I didn't make a price comparison here. ;)

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
As you already know...I didn't make a price comparison here. ;)
He's not saying the Moab is overpriced; just that every time they sell one, a Jeep executive somewhere gets a bonus. :CWL:

Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I always heard, if you’re gonna be a bear, be a grizzly. I consider Rubicons a grizzly, a Sport a Black bear, Moabs a panda, and Sahara Snuggles the fabric softener bear.
LMAO! So........

6DDEC228-7DF0-4B4F-A633-B7D5A7665B56.jpeg

=

86039298-05DF-4210-BC4B-7A1E88816055.jpeg

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Jeep did a service to Moabites with the inflated pricing... knowing the model couldn’t handle real trails, they knew they could at least take them on a financial ride.

MidMo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ / 2001 WJ / 2017 Ram 3500HD / 2019 JLU Moab
Okay...for the record...the Rubicon is a great package and if I had the need for what the Rubicon brings to the table I probably would have gone that way but I've had my fun beating the snot out of a vehicle and fixing them. That said, as I have followed this tread waiting for my Moab to arrive a commercial series keeps popping up in my head as I read the Rubicon folks dish out their jabs to non-Rubicon Jeeps. Remember the old Planet Fitness commercials and the lunk alarms? Not sure if they are still on, its been a while since I've seen one but it makes this thread much more enjoyable...

I can only imagine a Rubicon rock crawl get together.... Starts out with staring at each others lockers..."You're hot" "No you're hot" "We're hot", following to the trail of grunting and "I pick things up and put them down" ending with a "You get you're burn on bro? A bro knows when he burns." cool down session.

Just sayin...to each their own. Enjoy your Jeep!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.