XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Jeep did a service to Moabites with the inflated pricing... knowing the model couldn’t handle real trails, they knew they could at least take them on a financial ride.
Ooof quad damage ... theres gonna be some crying from that one...

Reactions: JC7

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Okay...for the record...the Rubicon is a great package and if I had the need for what the Rubicon brings to the table I probably would have gone that way but I've had my fun beating the snot out of a vehicle and fixing them. That said, as I have followed this tread waiting for my Moab to arrive a commercial series keeps popping up in my head as I read the Rubicon folks dish out their jabs to non-Rubicon Jeeps. Remember the old Planet Fitness commercials and the lunk alarms? Not sure if they are still on, its been a while since I've seen one but it makes this thread much more enjoyable...

I can only imagine a Rubicon rock crawl get together.... Starts out with staring at each others lockers..."You're hot" "No you're hot" "We're hot", following to the trail of grunting and "I pick things up and put them down" ending with a "You get you're burn on bro? A bro knows when he burns." cool down session.

Just sayin...to each their own. Enjoy your Jeep!
RuBROcons! It's funny, I'm kind of seeing the Rubi fans like I see Yankee fans: sure, the Yankees may be better than my chosen team (historically), but do I really want to be associated with those people? I'm starting to hear "Lockers!" the way I used to hear "Jetah! Jeeetah!"

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Total fact dude... 52k for dana 30 no lockers annmndd the list goes on.
Gonna have to agree there. That's factual....of course, I haven't compared every Rubicon to every Moab option for option...but it sure seems like you're paying more and getting less in terms of drivetrain parts.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Gonna have to agree there. That's factual....of course, I haven't compared every Rubicon to every Moab option for option...but it sure seems like you're paying more and getting less in terms of drivetrain parts.
Thus the reason for name of this thread :)

Sponsored

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
But if the parts are there and you never use them, do they really exist????

zamboniman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
How is a loaded up Sahara immune from this ridicule? I mean same arguments apply. At least you get a cool hood and side steps with the moab order package

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If a man says something in the forest and a woman isn’t around to hear it, is he still wrong?
If a man says something in the forest and a woman isn’t around to hear it, is he still wrong?
Yes, because they always find out :facepalm:

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
How is a loaded up Sahara immune from this ridicule? I mean same arguments apply. At least you get a cool hood and side steps with the moab order package
Well I did upgrade the Moab to panda status, while I called a Sahara snuggles the bear. At least a panda can learn Kung Fu.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.