Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is this Jeeps version of “Laberdoodle” or “cockapoo”. This is perfect example why we should Not mess with Mother Nature, and cross breed :giggle:.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Could substitute the title with rubicon or sahara depending on your needs. Betting most dont take their rubicons off road so whats the point. Here in the midwest vehicles with lifts and overstated tires are seen as douchy rednecks.
Prejudgements/prejudice and generalizations/stereotypes....hallmarks of the average mind. We all engage in it...even when proven to be fallible.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I once sent someone running around looking for a PU55Y acquisition request form. I called the shop I sent him to give them a heads up....needles to say that trend continued for the rest of the day. Poor kid was still high strung and more stressed when he came back. "Everyone is out of the forms....am I gonna get in trouble?" lol
:CWL:

Sponsored

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
Why?......
If we were buying today we'd get the MOAB. Here's why, we live in western NC (or will again after March 25th !!!!) and are far more likely to encounter winter roads with a dry curve then an icy curve then dry then icy over and over. In THAT scenario the Selec-trac is the preferred transfer case. We do not rock crawl (more a geographic thing than anything else) so we don't need lockers. (Yes, when we get stuck I will mutter profanities profusely.) So a limited slip select-trac MOAB would be perfect... for ... us.

zamboniman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
I never thought I'd pick a vehicle over a set of tires, but truth be told I'd go Moab over Rubicon if it came with KO2's, or similar and let me pick a black top. As of now still in the Rubi camp.

Side note Moab is more of a Rubi appearance package without the real bits. Looks like FCA is doing that to the Grand Cherokee as well. I saw a version that wasn't a SRT but had the appearance hood with the ducting.

Sting-Gray AJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, Sting-Gray
If we were buying today we'd get the MOAB. Here's why, we live in western NC (or will again after March 25th !!!!) and are far more likely to encounter winter roads with a dry curve then an icy curve then dry then icy over and over. In THAT scenario the Selec-trac is the preferred transfer case. We do not rock crawl (more a geographic thing than anything else) so we don't need lockers. (Yes, when we get stuck I will mutter profanities profusely.) So a limited slip select-trac MOAB would be perfect... for ... us.
Your rationale @cabnfvr is the same as mine here in SE Michigan. I’m loving the Selec-Trac + LSD so that’s the prime reason why I got the Sahara vs. Rubicon.

If the MOAB would have been available I probably would have chosen it too due to the hood, steps, and black wheels and accents.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Why does a Jeep owner want to bash another Jeep owner? I sold a Rubicon and have a Moab on order.
Same reason a person bashes another person. We are all human and still bash each other, except for Rubi owners, they think they’re god sent.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Same reason a person bashes another person. We are all human and still bash each other, except for Rubi owners, they think they’re god sent.
That is not true! God would not send us away! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.