Not open for further replies.

eagleyebdv

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 moab
Why? It seems to me that the MOAB is basically a fully loaded Sahara with Rubicon fenders. I just feel that it should be a more capable off road vehicle than the Rubicon if it is going to be named MOAB, right? Not just more capable navigating the treacherous turns of a Starbucks drive through.
Were older parents we have a 3 & 6yr old little ones, we want exactly what the MOAB offers. I think its a smaller market jeep for sure, and the name may be modded: MOABICON
Ordered 1212/18 & It just arrived Friday Its loaded with that one touch roof, it getting the 35mt duratracts and the 2"mopar lift prior to pickup. Cant wait. Hey that MOAB looks greatgreat!
Sponsored

eagleyebdv

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 moab
Why? It seems to me that the MOAB is basically a fully loaded Sahara with Rubicon fenders. I just feel that it should be a more capable off road vehicle than the Rubicon if it is going to be named MOAB, right? Not just more capable navigating the treacherous turns of a Starbucks drive through.
Were older parents we have a 3 & 6yr old little ones, we want exactly what the MOAB offers. I think its a smaller market jeep for sure, and the name may be modded: MOABICON if I mod it innerts ;)
Ordered 1212/18 & It just arrived Friday Its loaded with that one touch roof, it getting the 35mt duratracts and the 2"mopar lift prior to pickup. Cant wait. Hey that MOAB looks greatgreat!

Last edited:

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
First, your MOAB is a thing of beauty. That package, in that color, is exactly what I wanted - but I couldn't wait for Sting Gray (which perversely was released a week after my months-long wait for my JL) and the MOAB is exactly the edition I would have wanted, but didn't know what coming down the pike - everything I wanted from the Sahara and everything I wanted from the Rubicon without the things (like locking diffs) that I had no need for. So I'm insanely jealous, but I don't see how the MOAB would be better off road than a Rubi as someone claimed. Still, want to trade for a Granite Sahara?!
You're probably referring to one of my early posts. It was made in jest and I posted later that it was a complete bluff. Sure did make this thread fun, right?!?? I picked a Moab for the same reasons, no regrets!

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
People who take their brand new JLR's rock crawling are just rich fancy pants yuppies, because they can afford to risk $50k+ in the name of fun. :giggle:

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
People who take their brand new JLR's rock crawling are just rich fancy pants yuppies, because they can afford to risk $50k+ in the name of fun. :giggle:
First world problems, huh? ;) Sounds like someone is just upset at the life choices they made.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
No, I have my lockers wired to my auxiliary switches, turn them on anytime, any range( 2wd,4h,or4l) , at any speed.
The way they should have come from the factory.

Sponsored

KarlG

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 AEV 350 JK Rubicon 2019 JLUR
Been searching and lurking JL for awhile and deciding which JL to upgrade too after the past 6 years in an AEV 350 Rubicon, this thread is bugging funny as hell. Not helping the decision...

For those joining late, I offer:

Moab : "I'm a cross dresser but only a limited slip differential tranny partial to full time 4 ways."

Rubicon: "Does your sway bar hang low? Can you swing it to and fro? Can you tie it in a knot? Can you tie it in a bow? Can you throw it over your shoulder like a continental soldier? Does your sway bar hang low? (Lock me up!)

Sting-Gray AJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, Sting-Gray
It is a fact that a lot of people buy Rubicons just for the looks.

Jeep creates a vehicle with the looks of a Rubicon (I would argue better looking in many colors) and the on-road handling that people will actually use (Selec-Trac). And it is still a beast off-road because it's a Wrangler.

And you don't get that? What don't you get?
If the MOAB would have been available when I ordered my Sahara last March I may have gotten it. I like the raised hood, step rails, black wheels and trim better than my plastic steps and chrome accents.

Snapped these Sting-Gray MOAB shots at my dealer last week while picking up my Sahara from its 2nd steering damper replacement due to death wobble issues.
A34318AA-D5F5-47C2-8A33-EA68AE94E15A.jpeg
E1F2A699-B59D-4B5A-AC94-06638A835E3D.jpeg
42C80A76-0063-4E19-875F-5D2EBE0AD045.jpeg
F597CFD4-9B29-487D-BC19-B37BAD25DAB5.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.