NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Cool, that is great. Can one keep the stock fender liners, or do you have to change them too ?
I don't actually know the answer to that question as I went aftermarket inner fender liners (Artec) and I paid someone to do the install. I don't believe you can keep the OEM inner fender liners as they are attached to the DRL housing which goes away.
Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
I don't actually know the answer to that question as I went aftermarket inner fender liners (Artec) and I paid someone to do the install. I don't believe you can keep the OEM inner fender liners as they are attached to the DRL housing which goes away.
Found the answer, all I had to do is scroll down on their site.... You actually can keep the stock inner fenders. All one has to do is trim them a little.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Replaced the Go Rhino Dominator D1 steps with RSE Step Sliders (Gen III).

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL MOAB Edition JL Club Thread 789100F2-6180-4467-B57D-EE565CE25E39_1_105_c

After:

Jeep Wrangler JL MOAB Edition JL Club Thread Dr_Side_low

This was the plan from the start but the power steps were down on the priority list due to cost. Lift and tires are next on the list.

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
Thinking about going with 285/75/r17, not really interested in a lift (don't need it for the trails I do) but would like a slightly bigger tire. Anyone else running this size on stock suspension? From other posts it looks like it will fit but it's pretty limited info out there and I've seen other claims of stuff fitting that doesn't really :)

If not I'll just got stock rubie sized tires. For the 285/75 I'm looking at
Toyo OPEN COUNTRY A/T III's

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
Thinking about going with 285/75/r17, not really interested in a lift (don't need it for the trails I do) but would like a slightly bigger tire. Anyone else running this size on stock suspension? From other posts it looks like it will fit but it's pretty limited info out there and I've seen other claims of stuff fitting that doesn't really :)

You might want to upgrade your bump stops so that the tires don’t hit the fenders when the suspension is compressed.

Sponsored

Teneski

First Name
Teneski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Unlimited Mojito MOAB
Occupation
Entreperneur

We are running Nitto Terra Grappler G2's - 295/70/17. 14k miles with no spacers, a stock suspension and have never rubbed once.

Lencbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I just ordered the teraflex 1.5” spacer lift for my 18 MOAB. I plan on swapping out the KM’s for the KO’s (285/70)
Do any of you that did the same setup have before and after pics?
thanks!

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered the teraflex 1.5” spacer lift for my 18 MOAB. I plan on swapping out the KM’s for the KO’s (285/70)
Do any of you that did the same setup have before and after pics?
thanks!
I have the AEV 2" spacer lift (similar to a teraflex 1.5") and swapped out the KM's for the KO's (285/70). I couldn't be happier. It's a nice lift, no rubbing and a great stance. I also swapped out the stock MOAB rims for a set of MOPAR beadlocks because the stock rims are too narrow for wider tires. (You can put a wider tire on the stock rims but it's not recommended). I figured the MOPAR rims were a nice upgrade, looked similar (Black) and stayed somewhat stock...

Regarding the rims; the beadlock rims come with a non functional simulated lock ring (silver) which can be painted in any color to match. I choose to leave mine for now as the silver provides a nice contrast. Painting them black or leaving them off, would make the rims appear more like the original MOAB rims. The actual functioning beadlock ring can be ordered separately as well.
20210906_122933.jpg

20210925_113849.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
My question would be why aren't more MOAB owners installing the Rubicon fender flares ??? Is there a reason not to do it other than the expense ???

Reason for asking is that I have them on order and they've been on backorder since last spring and pushed back every couple of months to December now.... The dealer parts dept called me to tell me what the new date was and asked if I wanted to cancel the order and I'm just not sure.....

What do you think ?

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My question would be why aren't more MOAB owners installing the Rubicon fender flares ??? Is there a reason not to do it other than the expense ???

Reason for asking is that I have them on order and they've been on backorder since last spring and pushed back every couple of months to December now.... The dealer parts dept called me to tell me what the new date was and asked if I wanted to cancel the order and I'm just not sure.....

What do you think ?
I have wanted to do rubicon fenders but same as you, can’t get them. I would love to find some already painted but no one is selling Mojito ones

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella

What do you think ?
I considered it but I actually prefer the non-Rubicon flares because they give the impression that the Jeep is more stocky/squat in its stance. With 2" lift and 35s with modest offset there's enough space to fully articulate without rubbing.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I considered it but I actually prefer the non-Rubicon flares because they give the impression that the Jeep is more stocky/squat in its stance. With 2" lift and 35s with modest offset there's enough space to fully articulate without rubbing.
Also agree

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed!

Not a big fan of the higher fenders. I like the overall look of the MOAB over the Rubicon which is why I own one. ...Don't get me started on the Rubicon's red dash. Not sure who thought that was clever, but for me that alone was a deal breaker. At least the high fenders have function.

#TeamMOAB
Sponsored