21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Just curious what you all use for mirrors when you take the doors off?

I would do this Quadratech product (below) in a heartbeat to retain the power function (but only available from 11’-18’ model years). I have a 21’ JLUR.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...s-11-17-jeep-wrangler-jk-power-heated-mirrors
@JasonInDLH

IF, you are going to be running with the doors off lots, DI invest in a CMM mirrors.... pricey but when the time comes you can resell for much of what you paid for them.. You will not find a better set of mirrors for the JL/JLU/JT.

If you are just going to poke around town, slow driving and just want to have mirrors mainly to appease law enforcement..... then but a $20+- set of scooter mirrors as the install easily and do the job of meeting laws and your seeing back there pretty good.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JasonInDLH

Until you do your research ... if you want a set of mirrors that are not all that bad and only cost $8.00+- ...

Buy a set of elcheapo side mirrors ($8.00 each) that install via the cowl bolt(s) .. Easy, fast install.

I can't vouch how the mirrors fair at 60 mph but.... 8-) Having side mirrrors installed make you legal in many states. so these would do the trick at least in regard to that legality.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...suv-2020-jeep-wrangler?q=Scooter+mirror&pos=0

Sponsored

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Thanks for the responses, fellas.

I’ll be looking into those CMM as a couple of you mentioned them.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
@JasonInDLH

IF, you are going to be running with the doors off lots, DI invest in a CMM mirrors.... pricey but when the time comes you can resell for much of what you paid for them.. You will not find a better set of mirrors for the JL/JLU/JT.

If you are just going to poke around town, slow driving and just want to have mirrors mainly to appease law enforcement..... then but a $20+- set of scooter mirrors as the install easily and do the job of meeting laws and your seeing back there pretty good.
CMM. No question.
Those CMM mirrors are pretty small (I’m half blind already, so I need some bigger mirrors😂). I did see someone install larger rectangular mirrors to the CMM that looks great…

Jeep Wrangler JL Mirrors For Doors Off Question 1628107211270

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those CMM mirrors are pretty small (I’m half blind already, so I need some bigger mirrors😂). I did see someone install larger rectangular mirrors to the CMM that looks great…

Jeep Wrangler JL Mirrors For Doors Off Question 1628107211270
@JasonInDLH

It's the CMM mounts that are terrific..... much wanted..... the mirrors themselves are mirrors... so, sure you could do as in the picture above....

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If you are looking for oem-style i think the mopar mirrors are a good option.

i love my CMM mirrors but they are more a trail-style mirror.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Just curious what you all use for mirrors when you take the doors off?
I run without side mirrors typically from May-ish to Sept-ish, never had an issue over the last 18 years. Colorado (and I believe Minnesota as well) only requires one mirror with an unobstructed view, the center mirror works for this. I do not feel it's dangerous, I have never had a close call due to not having side mirrors, with the top and doors off visibility is fine in all directions if you turn your head, the center mirror gives you plenty of visibility farther back. I see a lot of people feel the need for mirrors, so maybe the four door has much worse visibility and I don't realize it.

Minnesota Statute 169.70 seems to be the only thing that addresses mirrors in that state.
Minnesota Statute 169.70 said:
169.70 REAR VIEW MIRROR.
Every motor vehicle which is so constructed, loaded or connected with another vehicle as to obstruct the driver's view to the rear thereof from the driver's position shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle.

Phemphill

First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
I love my CMM mirrors. I use tube doors so the ones that fit in the door hinge are not a good option. You can also get a lock for your pricey CMM mirors.
Sponsored