Mirrors for when doors are off (trail mirrors)?

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
What do you all suggest for mirrors when taking the doors off? I would like something tool-less if possible? The ones that bolt onto the door hinge I have a concern with the nut chipping the paint? I have seen the ones that mount on the front grab handles but those are extremely expensive. I have also read a lot about many of them shake. I havent had it long enough to be able to take the doors off yet but I am really excited to try it when spring gets here. I am putting them on a 21 JL 2 door

Advertisement

Rhinebeck01

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr. Rubi
What do you all suggest for mirrors when taking the doors off? I would like something tool-less if possible? The ones that bolt onto the door hinge I have a concern with the nut chipping the paint? I have seen the ones that mount on the front grab handles but those are extremely expensive. I have also read a lot about many of them shake. I havent had it long enough to be able to take the doors off yet but I am really excited to try it when spring gets here. I am putting them on a 21 JL 2 door
@Packnbeer

Carolina Metal Masters offering is the pick of the litter.. Pricey but when you say goodbye to your JL, someday, you will be able to sell the CMM mirrors, easily and recoop your $.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...the-best-doors-off-mirrors-you-can-buy.17605/

Sontavaman

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
I love my ram balls and enduro bike mirrors. No whistling in the wind, not vibrations, and easy on and off. Also the whole set is under 40 bucks or so. There is a link somewhere around here to show you how to build a set. That guy had a great idea, because all the after market mirrors suck Or are stupidly pricey like the CMM stuff.

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
I love my ram balls and enduro bike mirrors. No whistling in the wind, not vibrations, and easy on and off. Also the whole set is under 40 bucks or so. There is a link somewhere around here to show you how to build a set. That guy had a great idea, because all the after market mirrors suck Or are stupidly pricey like the CMM stuff.
I run the same setup here. Inexpensive and works great either doorless or with soft doors. Here's the original post on these:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/doorless-mirrors.5579/page-8#post-654441

1610935642342.jpeg

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Another vote for Carolina metal masters. Just take the hit on price and you’ll be happy.

the only thing is they tell you to mount them to the top of the A pillar grab handle, but many, including myself, prefer them mounted to the bottom of the grab handle instead.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Absolutely love my Carolina Metal Masters mirrors. A bit pricey but hands down worth it. I installed mine on the bottom of the grab handles as well.

TheMike

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 2021 JLURD "The Big D"
Occupation
Supervisor, Air Traffic Control. RETIRED at 51 baby!!!
I too whole heartedly use and back CMM's mirrors. Extremely well engineered and made. You get what you pay for that's for sure.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Infiniti G37xS Sedan
CMM. Pricey but well worth it and then some. Zero shake. No risk of stripping or bending hinges or marring paint.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I use the Doubletake Mirror setup, which are the RAM ball and Enduro mirrors. Super easy install and there is no movement or vibrations from these. Plus they are so much cheaper than the Carolina Metal Masters. The CMM's are nice, but since I don't run doorless year-round, hard to justify that amount of money when I can buy a product just as good for a lower price.

Plus, since the Doubletake's mount outside on the cowl, you can leave them in place and put your door's back on if needed. From my understanding, the CMM's protrude out and would interfere with putting the door back on.

https://www.doubletakemirror.com

IMG_0145.jpg

KansasJL

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
The CMM mirrors take 2 minites to install or remove. The mirror is attached to a bar with a threaded end that goes thru the bracket that stays on the Jeep mounted on the grab handle with a nut to tighten and hold it in place.

Chrisdupe

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Lange Coyotes work well for me. No vibrating and reasonably priced.

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I use the Lange Coyotes also. Very stable and I like the fact they use a convex lens.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
Backup for The Stig
Vehicle Showcase
Lange Coyotes... zero vibration.

1611015462381.png

OP
Packnbeer

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
is that mounting block metal or plastic?

Advertisement

Done Right LED

Advertisement