GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Another option for an OEM look : DIE-TECH Off-Road Mirror
Those look like a good option. Wonder how easy it would be to grab some of the OEM harness parts and retain BSM so you could just transfer the mirror over when you pull the doors.

Probably more effort than it's worth, but looks like there's only a $10 difference between the manual and power mirrors from Mopar.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The Mopar doors off kit comes with the mirrors included for pretty much the same price as the Die-Tech.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
I run without side mirrors typically from May-ish to Sept-ish, never had an issue over the last 18 years. Colorado (and I believe Minnesota as well) only requires one mirror with an unobstructed view, the center mirror works for this. I do not feel it's dangerous, I have never had a close call due to not having side mirrors, with the top and doors off visibility is fine in all directions if you turn your head, the center mirror gives you plenty of visibility farther back. I see a lot of people feel the need for mirrors, so maybe the four door has much worse visibility and I don't realize it.

Minnesota Statute 169.70 seems to be the only thing that addresses mirrors in that state.
Thanks for sharing this. I always assumed need side mirrors. Will definitely be looking further into this as I really wouldnā€™t need mirrors.

VWillys

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys - Bright White
Thanks for sharing this. I always assumed need side mirrors. Will definitely be looking further into this as I really wouldnā€™t need mirrors.
Try it first but I definitely missed not having mirrors. It's also much safer obviously.

Sponsored

VWillys

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys - Bright White
Didn't realize they had released for the JL. They were the best for the JK and use the OEM mirrors.
Those look like a good option. Wonder how easy it would be to grab some of the OEM harness parts and retain BSM so you could just transfer the mirror over when you pull the doors.

Probably more effort than it's worth, but looks like there's only a $10 difference between the manual and power mirrors from Mopar.
I used these for my JK.

DIE-TECH sells just the brackets or brackets/mirrors combo. I didn't want to be taking my mirrors off of my door every time I go doorless so I bought on extra set of mirrors to attach to the brackets when I first used these with my old JK.

Since I already had the extra set mirrors from my old JK, I only had to buy the JL brackets ($90) that work with my JK style mirrors this time around.

Pretty cool of this company to sell/make JL brackets that work with JK mirrors as well as JL mirrors.

img_2783-jpg.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL Mirrors For Doors Off Question IMG_2782

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Try it first but I definitely missed not having mirrors. It's also much safer obviously.
Meh... I ride motorcycles as well and from what I see enough people don't use their mirrors anyways. May as well just take off, reduce the price of the vehicle a little and save some fuel economy.

I truly don't see missing the side mirror as a safety issue, even in traffic, if your center mirror is unobstructed. Obviously if you're taking your ficus for a ride it may be an issue, or perhaps if you have rear passengers with heads like Sputnik they may block your view when you turn to look. But go ahead and let them get involved. "Heed! Is there a car hiding behind your massive cranium?"

Mal Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
I am new to the Jeep game, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but...

I just bought the basically the cheapest mirrors I could off of Amazon that didn't look like total crap.

I'm pretty pleased with them, although as I'm getting used to driving naked, I've found that the mirrors are more of a comfort than a necessity. With the top and doors off, and being so high up, I have so much visibility and awareness of what's around me that they're not really necessary.

I'll keep using them though, as they're certainly not useless (just much less important than I expected).

CAP77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I went with the Lange Coyote mirrors. I like the way they install as opposed to the ones that go through the upper hinge, even though they were way more expensive. As for real world use, I haven't had a chance to try them much yet, but will have a better idea at the end of the month after using them in the UP - so far for a short trip doorless they worked as well as they need to.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
I went with the Lange Coyote mirrors. I like the way they install as opposed to the ones that go through the upper hinge, even though they were way more expensive. As for real world use, I haven't had a chance to try them much yet, but will have a better idea at the end of the month after using them in the UP - so far for a short trip doorless they worked as well as they need to.
These Lange Coyote Mirrors look nice.

Am I seeing correctly that the little block stays permanently on the body? Then, when itā€™s time to remove the doors, you quite simply install the mirror onto the block?

Sponsored

JDBull7

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi JLU
These Lange Coyote Mirrors look nice.

Am I seeing correctly that the little block stays permanently on the body? Then, when itā€™s time to remove the doors, you quite simply install the mirror onto the block?
Yes, that is exactly how they work. The are very quick and easy to put on, adjust and then take off.

For me, these replaced the mirrors that go through windshield hinge and work great.
JD

B.Young

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Training Team Lead
following for science. i need to invest in some myself. ive had my JLUR for 3 to 4 weeks and have had the doors off multiple times. Mississippi is like some others where if the rearview is unobstructed side mirrors are not necessary but i still wanna get some for if i happen to be somewhere they are required.

zumaconcepts

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 2500 HD

I do helpful mod videos on YouTube. A good friend of mine is a 5 year Jeep guy who does tons of mods. Mostly fabs all his own parts. Anyway he helped me put this video together on off road mirrors you find useful.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
I just finished going that route myself. (Why? I already had my doors off, my state law requires at least a driver's side mirror, and I wanted to go rock crawling later that day. So I could pick the Mopar exterior mirrors up at a local dealership then and there.)

It was a bit pricey, but this wasn't a mirror relocation kit. I was getting a completely new set of mirrors that looked factory (with a few mounting doo-dads, and minus any safety group features and motorized controls). Quality mirrors and mounting, and again, aside from price, no complaints. The #1 selling feature for me was that a local Jeep dealer was bound to have them in inventory. Immediacy.
Sponsored